Has anyone else bought a student ticket?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFCBOY1234
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by TUFCBOY1234 »

well thats just bloody fantastic i have bought a student ticket and even asked if there was a concession for students they said yes there is so i went ok thanks and bought one and a ticket for my grandad this now means im going to have to go up to the club on thursday and see wtf is going on cuz im not chaning my seat cuz dont want my grandad to have to sit on his own can this club not do anything in a proffesional manner except pissing every fan of what a disgrace this whole this is
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

TUFCBOY1234 wrote:well thats just bloody fantastic i have bought a student ticket and even asked if there was a concession for students they said yes there is so i went ok thanks and bought one and a ticket for my grandad this now means im going to have to go up to the club on thursday and see wtf is going on cuz im not chaning my seat cuz dont want my grandad to have to sit on his own can this club not do anything in a proffesional manner except pissing every fan of what a disgrace this whole this is
Would it be churlish of me to make a smart-alec comment about today's students and the quality of spelling and punctuation?

Oh, it would? Ok, I won't do it then :B
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
TUFCBOY1234
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TUFCBOY1234 »

sorry mate after hearing this news pissed me to much to care about punctuation or spelling whoever arranged this whole bloody thing must be a monkey in a suite cuz all they have done is cause every fan a headache all we want is a good day out but it can never be that easy :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

TUFCBOY1234 wrote:sorry mate after hearing this news pissed me to much to care about punctuation or spelling whoever arranged this whole bloody thing must be a monkey in a suite cuz all they have done is cause every fan a headache all we want is a good day out but it can never be that easy :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
I know dude, I'm just winding you up. It's an affliction, I honestly can't stop myself from pointing it out.

If it helps, at least you're going to the game :( Some of us have to get up at 10 o'clock (that's IN THE MORNING!!) and make do with watching it on TV.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

As far as I am concerned, I have made a contract with Torquay for the purchase of a student ticket of which they agreed. If they have misinformed me or broken contacts with MU etc then that is their problem not mine,and I wont be wasting half of my day contacting the club for their mistake. So many people are in the same situation who will not be aware that apparently their ticket isnt valid, as far as im concerned i have a valid student ticket and if there is any issues to sort out it can be done at OT.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I'll try an keep this brief but feel it's important. I have no desire to enter into anything legal to the disadvantage of the club but it's interesting.

I Read the info. on here, I then phoned the club. Unfortuantely (for them) my tickets had already been posted to me in Weston. Amongst them was one student concession.The clubs advice to me was to contact a TUFC offical that will be in the Old Traffoed ticket office on the Saturday who would sort the situation. I then became concerned that this would not happen the way they said it would and my boy would be denied access. I then phoned a legal eagle friend of mine. His advice was typically legal. The club had a contract with me. They had sold me the tickets and I had bought them in good faith. They cannot move the goal posts after the event, particulalrly in view of the fact that they had taken the money from my account previous to the concession revealation. He said the onus was on the club to forfill their part of the contract.

I'm no "where there blame theres a claim" phone the TV advert merchant but it does make you think what would happen if I were to refuse to pay the additional amount on Saturday and I do hope the club learns from this before they make a more expensive legal cock up or one that could cost us points!

Hang on ?
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:I'll try an keep this brief but feel it's important. I have no desire to enter into anything legal to the disadvantage of the club but it's interesting.

I Read the info. on here, I then phoned the club. Unfortuantely (for them) my tickets had already been posted to me in Weston. Amongst them was one student concession.The clubs advice to me was to contact a TUFC offical that will be in the Old Traffoed ticket office on the Saturday who would sort the situation. I then became concerned that this would not happen the way they said it would and my boy would be denied access. I then phoned a legal eagle friend of mine. His advice was typically legal. The club had a contract with me. They had sold me the tickets and I had bought them in good faith. They cannot move the goal posts after the event, particulalrly in view of the fact that they had taken the money from my account previous to the concession revealation. He said the onus was on the club to forfill their part of the contract.

I'm no "where there blame theres a claim" phone the TV advert merchant but it does make you think what would happen if I were to refuse to pay the additional amount on Saturday and I do hope the club learns from this before they make a more expensive legal c**k up or one that could cost us points!

Hang on ?

Yes similar to my point, that advice sounds totally accurate to me. Well that's the retail management degree put to good use - knew i could use it to my advantage somewhen ha! If the club contacts me personally then thats different, but for now I am staying put :)
TUFCBOY1234
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TUFCBOY1234 »

well luckily i dont have to be at college till 11 so will get up at 8 and get to the club for 9 and sort all this crap out but i am not moving seats they can either pay for my seat or i will have 2 tickets for the singing section but i will not pay the extra for a mistake that i did not create
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I have just e-mailed the Club to ask how they would get the extra money from me for my lad and his two mates' tickets given I can't get back to Plainmoor before the weekend and asked if they can pay the balance on the gate - surely this is the common sense approach.

Although I take DP's point about the law of contract and am minded to take a similar view.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I'm afraid I might stick to my guns. (Unless the misses says I can't! lol) I'm not paying anymore on top of the £148 I've already paid. BOUGHT IN GOOD FAITH !
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Guys, don't panic, the gates at OT are automatic, you put your ticket into a machine, it reads the bar code and you go in.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

ferrarilover wrote:Guys, don't panic, the gates at OT are automatic, you put your ticket into a machine, it reads the bar code and you go in.

Matt.

If thats the case then if I where TUFC I would take the hit and let that be an end of it (I would say that wouldn't I)

But if so why are they asking "postal" people like myself to contact the Man U ticket office before I try and gain entry?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

If Ferrarilover is correct (and I would not suggest he isn't) then we do not have to worry - the concession tickets are only different in that they have an ink stamp on them - something the automatic reader wouldn't recognise.

This backs up my belief that it was for the Clubs to institute their own concession policies and, since TUFC operated a student concession during the rest of the season, it should count again now - especially since they were sold to us in good faith.

Since I can't get to Plainmoor it will be interesting to see if they just ask me to pay more over the phone without reissuing the tickets (on the basis that OT won't be able to detect the concession stamp) in which case I am inclined to just say no!
Phil

tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

I reckon that the club cannot put the prices where it wants because the money does not just go to the club so it is essentially ripping off the FL.
:( Tommy :)
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Modgull »

tommygull wrote:I reckon that the club cannot put the prices where it wants because the money does not just go to the club so it is essentially ripping off the FL.
And the FL is ripping off the fans! Disgusting!
Phil