Trollope to you?

General chat about anything else goes here.
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Yep......all this is kind of surreal really, one of the biggest games in the clubs history - and no matter how hard you try it is very hard to put the buckle stuff out of your mind.......it certainly has overshadowed the whole thing to an extent.

I too, am fed up with reading Rovers fans posting this stuff on our websites......and even having the cheek to suggest a replacement - their bloody cast off as well ffs! Just do one please......

As someone who has been pro Buckle on this and the other site, from the word go......even during his losing streaks in the conf days........all I can feel is immense disappointment in him and the whole situation, that he has seemingly decided to jump ship regardless of the result on saturday, I fail to believe that with the prospect of Lge 1 football and the obvious higher gates then the club wouldn't have tweaked the budget up a bit.

He's achieved a lot in his time here....nobody can argue that but what a poor way to leave...........and to a rather "nothingy" club as Bristol Rovers too.
....aka jmgull.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I will post my opinion on the way this has been handled in the aftermath. Probably best i don't write what i want to right now, in such an important week.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

But - nowhere has it been confirmed he definitely is going, right? So maybe it's not accurate.

The timing sucks, anyway. What happens if - god forbid - we play like complete muppets and then Buckle takes half the team with him? Surely there could be a perceived conflict of interest, in that Torquay going up makes it harder for him to tempt players away?

I just think it smells a bit.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Fonda wrote:I will post my opinion on the way this has been handled in the aftermath. Probably best i don't write what i want to right now, in such an important week.
Please send me a draft this instant :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

jocktheknife wrote:
I too, am fed up with reading Rovers fans posting this stuff on our websites......and even having the cheek to suggest a replacement - their bloody cast off as well ffs! Just do one please......
Another reason for the Bristol press (and their fans) wanting to push Trollope our way might be that I believe they are still paying his wages! He was sacked on the 15th December last year and given that I believe he was on a 12 month rolling contract then I would imagine they would be delighted if anyone would take his wages off their hands at this stage as it would save them a fair old chunk of money! A double whammy for them in every sense!

Totally agree with everything you have said on here jtk about the handling of the situation - which doesn't appear to reflect well on ANY of the three parties concerned (BRFC, TUFC and Paul Buckle). Can you imagine the reaction of BRFC to someone trying to poach their Manager in the middle of a play off battle? That said, we perhaps only have ourselves to blame, can you imagine the reaction of someone like Mike Bateson or indeed Colin Lee to such an approach being made at such a crucial stage of our season - I think they would have been told in no uncertain terms to clear off - perhaps we are just "too nice" at TUFC these days ?
Last edited by CP Gull on 24 May 2011, 20:37, edited 3 times in total.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote: Please send me a draft this instant :lol:
Magners don't do draught, only bottles. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote: Please send me a draft this instant :lol:
:na: I'll keep it under wraps until next week. Then i'll unleash fury! :lol:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Magners is actually available on draught

http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?storyCode=58835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:clap: :clap:
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Fonda wrote: :na: I'll keep it under wraps until next week. Then i'll unleash fury! :lol:

I would actually be interested in reading your thoughts, I think we'll actually be singing from the same hymnsheet for once.
Dave

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised Dave. My thoughts are probably quite similar to many people on this particular issue.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Magners is actually available on draught

http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?storyCode=58835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bet it's not cheap either. :(
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

ok bucks wants to go regardless if we go up or not,was said in an earlier post,maybe league 1 is to higher jump for him,personally i take it as a compliment,our club is moving forward,ok all this is speculation at the moment,ok if he does go so be it,we have to thank the man what he has done for our club,didnt really want to get into this before one of our biggest games in alot of years,but we will do well in league 1whoever manages our club,you can be sure of that,on a sour note though he dosent show much faith and ability in our team for sat,most probabaly didnt think we could get this far,but come sat night when we are a league 1 club how will he feel then....simon
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Southampton Gull wrote:Magners is actually available on draught

....and very nice it is too. Had some tonight (burp).

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Buckle will be getting off the team bus on the way back from OT at Temple Mead.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

eastyorksgull wrote:ok bucks wants to go regardless if we go up or not,was said in an earlier post,maybe league 1 is to higher jump for him,personally i take it as a compliment,our club is moving forward,ok all this is speculation at the moment,ok if he does go so be it,we have to thank the man what he has done for our club,didnt really want to get into this before one of our biggest games in alot of years,but we will do well in league 1whoever manages our club,you can be sure of that,on a sour note though he dosent show much faith and ability in our team for sat,most probabaly didnt think we could get this far,but come sat night when we are a league 1 club how will he feel then....simon
Really wished I shared your confidence on that one. Hope your right, but I feel with the prospect of losing some of our key players into the bargin I fear we may become a whipping post for whatever league we are in. And to put a club hero like Kevin Hill in that difficult postion (as has been suggested on here) is a poor judgement call.

Like I have said I am keeping my powder dry until Sunday but there are going to be some interesting posts post match. I suspect with a rather more cutting edge should we lose.