How many will we take ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

'interest has been incedibly high for one phone'
:( Tommy :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tommygull wrote:'interest has been incedibly high for one phone'

.....which they unpluged!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Because they're obviously dealing with the steady stream at the door.

10k......and rising.
TUST #324
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

I just want to say from an IT/tech background that if they've only got one phone line into the ticket office/club shop they it's not an easy task to just set up another one and definitely couldn't be done by any tom, dick, or harry.

It also wouldn't be cheap to set up .

Saying that, the reports of poor customer service aren't great.

I'm hoping for 10K +
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

If you know that you wont be able to handle it then send it to ticket line like the other clubs have done.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

[quote="GulldenBoy"]I just want to say from an IT/tech background that if they've only got one phone line into the ticket office/club shop they it's not an easy task to just set up another one and definitely couldn't be done by any tom, dick, or harry.

quote]

....and it would take a month for BT to give you an appointment.
TUST #324
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I find it hard to believe that everyone at our club has to queue up to use the one phone we have.

Surely other phonelines could be sacrificed for a couple of days given the demand.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Why don't they just buy a couple of cheap pay as you go mobiles and put those phone numbers up on the o/s?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Just thought I'd bump this thread back up, apparently, Stevenage have so far sold only 2,000 tickets.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I can see the logic, but if for example next years final was say Argyle v Rovers or Bradford v Oxford etc then it would probably get close to filling out one of the larger grounds so it's only fair that our players get the reward of playing in the same sort of stadium.
Hello, just came here to see how well your tickets were selling so I won't bore you for long. But just to say that When Rovers beat us at Wembley they took 40,000 (and we - Shrewsbury - took 23,000) so I guess Rovers v Oxford would be close to 70,000-75,000. So I guess you have to say it's better to have a half-full stadium than people missing out.

Anyway, I'll leave you boys to get on with it - my football season is over now so and if possible I'm going to try not to think about it for a few weeks. Fat chance!!

Good luck, and goodbye. :~D
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Good luck next season victor and thanks for the congrats. Although I hope if we don't go up you lose against us.
You showed the decent side of your teams support even if other mindless nutters didn't
Although I did have to laugh when one of those nutters let off the smoke bomb and we sang, "Is that your fire drill". Priceless that one. :rofl: :rofl:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

Cheers victor once more our club is being as elusive as ever over ticket sales, other than interest is extemely high and the fact i know 1 of the singing blocks has sold out we have expanding the singing section to 3 blocks now, i no nothing of actual sales figures
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Aren't those 'signing blocks' 900 seats? And we've filled one...? I know not everyone will opt to go in there, but would've thought a decent percentage would, when the other options are considered? As for the clubs 'interest high' comment - i wouldn't expect them to say anything else.

...But then i am a pessimistic cynic.

Evidently lots of Spurs fans will be boosting the numbers in the Stevenage end? Time will tell.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

The number of tickets sold will be limited by the appalling organisation at Plainmoor.

Whilst I was getting my tickets on Monday they had one person on the reception window, one person on the phone and one person on the till/card reader(s).

Every card transaction failed on the first and sometimes second attempt. Apparently they had the only two available card readers but only one could be used at a time because of the lack of phone lines!

They asked for cash sales to jump the queue to increase throughput but, of course, the tickets are so expensive noone was carrying cash to pay!

The queue was only about 15 long whilst we were there (about 30 mins) and I got the impression that they sold around 50 tickets in that time. If that was repeated for 55 hours (the maximum opening hours Sunday-Friday) then the maximum number of tickets being sold direct would be 5,500.

To this you have to add the phone sales. The one person was taking an age to deal with each call (the reason why the line is engaged so often) and was simply taking the request and card details and leaving them for later processing. When he went to lunch/had a break the phone was left to ring. Once, the lady on reception got fed up,went to the phone, picked it up and put it straight down, whereupon the next ring started!

On this basis I could imagine a smaller number of phone sales - 35 hours (Sunday-Wednesday) at a similar rate of 100 per hour giving 3,500.

So, I believe the absolute maximum we could sell in advance would be 9,000. Surely thay will need to agree to sell on the day too?
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

Modgull wrote:The number of tickets sold will be limited by the appalling organisation at Plainmoor.

Whilst I was getting my tickets on Monday they had one person on the reception window, one person on the phone and one person on the till/card reader(s).

Every card transaction failed on the first and sometimes second attempt. Apparently they had the only two available card readers but only one could be used at a time because of the lack of phone lines!

They asked for cash sales to jump the queue to increase throughput but, of course, the tickets are so expensive noone was carrying cash to pay!

The queue was only about 15 long whilst we were there (about 30 mins) and I got the impression that they sold around 50 tickets in that time. If that was repeated for 55 hours (the maximum opening hours Sunday-Friday) then the maximum number of tickets being sold direct would be 5,500.

To this you have to add the phone sales. The one person was taking an age to deal with each call (the reason why the line is engaged so often) and was simply taking the request and card details and leaving them for later processing. When he went to lunch/had a break the phone was left to ring. Once, the lady on reception got fed up,went to the phone, picked it up and put it straight down, whereupon the next ring started!

On this basis I could imagine a smaller number of phone sales - 35 hours (Sunday-Wednesday) at a similar rate of 100 per hour giving 3,500.

So, I believe the absolute maximum we could sell in advance would be 9,000. Surely thay will need to agree to sell on the day too?
Try 10 an hour!