How many will we take ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Stevenage fans forum puts their sales at only 2,500 at midday today. If we really had sold 4,000 by yesterday evening then maybe for the first time in a final we will outnumber the opposition.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Wow. 2,500?

As for us, I'd imagine that we'll sell 7,500ish.
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

NickGull wrote:Wow. 2,500?

As for us, I'd imagine that we'll sell 7,500ish.

I doubt we'll reach that figure to be honest. I'd go more for the 5k mark.

Things to take into account...
1. The location (It's only Old Trafford after all) as far away as possible for both sets of supporters
2. The cost - the day itself is going to cost me and 77 Jnr in the region of £150 what with tickets, travel, parking, food, drink, programme, etc.
3. It's live on the Murdoch-Money-Making-Machine
4. A lot of supporters will opt for a double dose of armchair footy (and the way the ticket sales have been handled I was almost tempted to become one of the stats).

:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

Its gota be 6-7 thousand at least for the gulls. All the glory hunters will jump on the bandwagon and pick up their tickets last minute I'm sure:) :clap:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

We also have to take into account that this is our third 'showpiece' final in four years. That wipes out many of the bandwagon fans who attended the previous finals.

Stevenage have also made finals of the last few years so that will have a similiar effect on their numbers.

Shame.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I thought the organisers might have offered tickets at a discount, to Man U season ticket holders who cant get to the Champions League final. At least that way there would be 'seat-fillers' at the game and it'd look a lot busier.

They could've just sold the £46 tickets along the side of the pitch of the North Stand for the same price as our cheapest tickets(£26) and even if only 2,000 fans took up the offer, the ground would've looked far far busier than it will end up being.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Everyone seems disapointed in low figures... id rather the low attendace because thats who we are, a team that can only get 2,000 mid week and most the time on a saturday.
Little old torquay as they call it.

COYY
Torquay Till I Die!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Latest news - Approaching 5,000 with two days to go. Going to get 7 max I would think but more likely 6. Not great.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I would much rather go to Old Trafford than Wembley. Roll on saturday!!
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

SantaCruzScotty wrote:Everyone seems disapointed in low figures... id rather the low attendace because thats who we are, a team that can only get 2,000 mid week and most the time on a saturday.
Little old torquay as they call it.

COYY
A little thing called atmosphere. Also more fans to urge on the team and get the result.
:( Tommy :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well. here is two fans down. No fans going up from Bristol. no lift so we will have to save our money and watch at the local pub. I got to admit I would find it odd going to a final and finding the ground mostly emply. I do hope we can make enough noise to make an atmosphere and My wife and I will be listening hard and marking out of ten. So on your marks you lot. I will be looking for star quality. Individual performance. Funniest chant. Special marks for anyone brave enough to streak. as long as it's not Denzil. and for oddest/quirkiest inflatable. lol I do hope you all enjoy the chance to see old Trafford and here's to a victory. Onward and Upward. come on league one. we are ready for you. are you ready for us. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :zzz: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
The one sleeping in the middle is my wife. she does nights. lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

nicktufc wrote:I thought the organisers might have offered tickets at a discount, to Man U season ticket holders who cant get to the Champions League final. At least that way there would be 'seat-fillers' at the game and it'd look a lot busier.

They could've just sold the £46 tickets along the side of the pitch of the North Stand for the same price as our cheapest tickets(£26) and even if only 2,000 fans took up the offer, the ground would've looked far far busier than it will end up being.

Having paid the full price for 8 of those tickets I would have been really p****d off with this idea!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Have yo not realised yet that the powers that be are not the slightest bit interested in atmosphere or how full the ground looks. All they are interested in is how much money they can jemmy away from our pockets. It's a sort of legalised extorsion in my opinion.
They no doubt calculated that they could prise as near a ton out of everyone on average they can get their grubby hands on to but their ticket. get a program. buy a hotdog (at 3 or 4 quid) a couple of drinks at 2 quid each and spend something on other trivia. They probably haven't even graced a ground below Championship standard let alone come down to Plaimoor or Accrington. They don't approve of teams like AFC Wimbledon. they just see Money Money Money. Colin Lee would be small change to them. so as for selling 46 quid tickets for £26 . You got no chance!
Rant over lol

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Glostergull wrote:Have yo not realised yet that the powers that be are not the slightest bit interested in atmosphere or how full the ground looks. All they are interested in is how much money they can jemmy away from our pockets. It's a sort of legalised extorsion in my opinion.
They no doubt calculated that they could prise as near a ton out of everyone on average they can get their grubby hands on to but their ticket. get a program. buy a hotdog (at 3 or 4 quid) a couple of drinks at 2 quid each and spend something on other trivia. They probably haven't even graced a ground below Championship standard let alone come down to Plaimoor or Accrington. They don't approve of teams like AFC Wimbledon. they just see Money Money Money. Colin Lee would be small change to them. so as for selling 46 quid tickets for £26 . You got no chance!
Rant over lol
And if the Premier League in their infinite wisdom decided that the Championship and Premier league where going to be the only leagues left and all the rest abolished. Or, dare i say it. TUFC one day did not exist .Then I would turn my back on Football for good.
There. Got it off my chest, even if I do say so myself!! :red: :@ >:( :O

tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

It's only a matter of time before we have:

The Premier League > The Championship > The Masters League > The Glory League > The Blue Square Premier
:( Tommy :)