Has anyone else bought a student ticket?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

Modgull wrote: And the FL is ripping off the fans! Disgusting!

I think the FL probably do have some say in ticket prices..but if that was the case surely they should have clearly informed TQ of the pricing structure? Anyway, is kind of irrelevant who sets the pricing structure, because any tickets brought from TQ where payment has gone directly to TQ are contracted under the conditions which they were sold around ie. the club saying consessions cover students. If the club have misold them, its for the club to contact us to rectify their mistake.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Went in today and they denied that they had ever told me students was included in concessions, told me i was the only person who had had this problem and that it had always only been under 16s and OAPs as concessions. I told them that i was clearly told by them two days ago students were included aslong as my student friends brought their student IDs to old trafford and its clear from on here im not the only person that was told that. After saturday's game the club can kiss goodbye to anymore money their way after they accused me of lying today, i'll go to away games to get my TUFC fix but i will not help to pay the wages of the incompetent fools that we have working for this club.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

gullsdiv2 wrote:Went in today and they denied that they had ever told me students was included in concessions, told me i was the only person who had had this problem and that it had always only been under 16s and OAPs as concessions. I told them that i was clearly told by them two days ago students were included aslong as my student friends brought their student IDs to old trafford and its clear from on here im not the only person that was told that. After saturday's game the club can kiss goodbye to anymore money their way after they accused me of lying today, i'll go to away games to get my TUFC fix but i will not help to pay the wages of the incompetent fools that we have working for this club.
I conceded defeat today and went in to change the three student concessions for my son and his mates. Like with you they expressed ignorance about the student issue.

I think this has been a huge own-goal by the Club but I would urge you to reconsider your stance - after all if we all did the same the club would fold and woudn't that be like cutting off ones nose to spite ones face????
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

gullsdiv2 wrote:Went in today and they denied that they had ever told me students was included in concessions, told me i was the only person who had had this problem and that it had always only been under 16s and OAPs as concessions. I told them that i was clearly told by them two days ago students were included aslong as my student friends brought their student IDs to old trafford and its clear from on here im not the only person that was told that. After saturday's game the club can kiss goodbye to anymore money their way after they accused me of lying today, i'll go to away games to get my TUFC fix but i will not help to pay the wages of the incompetent fools that we have working for this club.

I was told exactly the same on Monday. I then phoned the club yesterday (Wed) after I learnt about the cock up with students concession. If, as you say they claim that student concessions where never offered then why did they give me a name to contact at the Old Trafford ticket office on Sat. should there be a problem? REALLY worried abut this now. Should my son not gain access in time for KO on Saturday I swear there will be serious repercussions.

WHY would they want to call loyal supporters (44yrs myself) LIARS? Esp. when they know the evidence is so obviously stacked against them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I bought a student concession for my son too. I have the sellers name (Mark) so there better not be any problems for me getting him in.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

After the game when all the dust has settled I think we the supporters should ask for an open meeting with the Board to express our concerns about the way this whole ticketing issue was handled.

It is clear that no one with any organisational and/or customer care skills was involved in planning the distribution of tickets.

Its as though they weren't expecting us to hold the two goal lead after the first Shrews game so didn't think to plan ahead.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think the main problem is the unique way that Old Trafford sells its own tickets compared to us and also the extra demands made upon us by the Football League thanks to Sky. Add to that the infrastructure of a small lower league club and perhaps you have the ingredients for a right royal cock-up that makes the Club look bad when I'm sure they've done their best as and when problems arise.

I was very critical of them initially, I must admit it was done to try and shake them into some action which it certainly appears to have done but having seen them take positive steps to resolve all our concerns I don't think we should be too harsh on a small group of people who are doing their best.

Better to blame the organisations previously mentioned for screwing us over pricing, organisation of seating arrangements as well as the ridiculous state of affairs when a family have to purchase a ticket for a 3 month old baby, absolutely disgusting situation.

Oh another point, Stevenage looked to be handling the situation better than us, but if the rumours of their tickets sold is true, then their demands were obviously a lot easier than ours, seeing as we appear to have sold twice as many as they have.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Southampton Gull wrote:I think the main problem is the unique way that Old Trafford sells its own tickets compared to us and also the extra demands made upon us by the Football League thanks to Sky. Add to that the infrastructure of a small lower league club and perhaps you have the ingredients for a right royal cock-up that makes the Club look bad when I'm sure they've done their best as and when problems arise.

I was very critical of them initially, I must admit it was done to try and shake them into some action which it certainly appears to have done but having seen them take positive steps to resolve all our concerns I don't think we should be too harsh on a small group of people who are doing their best.

Better to blame the organisations previously mentioned for screwing us over pricing, organisation of seating arrangements as well as the ridiculous state of affairs when a family have to purchase a ticket for a 3 month old baby, absolutely disgusting situation.

Oh another point, Stevenage looked to be handling the situation better than us, but if the rumours of their tickets sold is true, then their demands were obviously a lot easier than ours, seeing as we appear to have sold twice as many as they have.
agreed. i was also pretty p'd off, even last night, and sent off a bit of a (polite) rant to the club, and had a reply from Kerry this morning at 7:20am, telling me she'd try and sort it for me. i couldn't really ask for more than that, kerry is always really helpful whenever i've contacted her in the past, but time is against us now really, so i'm looking ahead, and just looking forward to the day. i have tickets, ok, so they're not what i wanted, but i'm not alone in this, and i think the TUFC fans way is to just get on and make the most of the day, and get behind the players.

the only thing i would look for in future from the club, is to have EVERYONE involved working to the same rules, as the inconsistency in information we've all received has been the most frustrating bit i think.

roll on saturday - a pre-match beer in the Samuel Platts, bit of banter, bit of singing, then a big yellow march to the theatre of dreams !!!

COYY :scarf:
Brady

I Wish I Was There