Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Well no surprise there.....Talk about jobs for the boys !!!!
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Sporty60 wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 10:12 Not a player, but good news is that in a shock move Cheltenham have appointed Pete Johnson as their chief scout.😀
I know psf results are nothing to go by but Cheltenham got a right drubbing by Argyle on Saturday. Think things may turn pretty toxic at Cheltenham before too long.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Well Johnson and Johnson will certainly need to improve their communication skills, seems madness that a management/recruitment team that got us relegated and then couldn’t get us out of a part time league are rewarded with jobs at a league club.
Was Johnson really the best scout available ?
Was Downes really the best Assistant manager available?

I know at least one person will say the problem didn’t lay at Johnson’s feet, but no one can deny that many players who left us have gone on to better careers.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

CornishGull wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 13:51 I know psf results are nothing to go by but Cheltenham got a right drubbing by Argyle on Saturday. Think things may turn pretty toxic at Cheltenham before too long.
[/quote.

I shall have a tenner on Cheltenham falling back I to non league this season. It will help towards my ST for 25/26. With those Clowns, it can only go "one way".
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

Sporty60 wrote: 22 Jul 2024, 10:12 Not a player, but good news is that in a shock move Cheltenham have appointed Pete Johnson as their chief scout.😀
A lot of thought went into this !
Obviously the best qualified for the job again 🤔
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Subscription renewed for Yscout
Sporty60
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Sporty60 »

I'm sure Torquay should be officially twinned with Cheltenham given the never-ending links.
They've now signed Ryan Bowman on a one year deal.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Liam Rosenior has been appointed as the new manager of RC Strasbourg following the departure of Patrick

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... ng0yvr94do
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Robbie Cundy has signed for Notts County:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... 195xvggylo
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

I see Notts County also have Jacob Bedeau, any relation I wonder as both have roots in Grenada! A spurious ex Gulls link, Jacob was given his first team debut by Chris Brass whilst they latter was caretaker at Leyton Orient.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I understand the thread, but to many loanees get mentioned in this section, half of whom I can't even remember, I hope the move for Ryan Bowman works out at Cheltenham, esp after his health issues of a few years ago,good on him.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The Great Muta! wrote: 26 Jul 2024, 11:06 I understand the thread, but to many loanees get mentioned in this section, half of whom I can't even remember, I hope the move for Ryan Bowman works out at Cheltenham, esp after his health issues of a few years ago,good on him.
What??
Its called Ex-Gull watch - not "Ex-Gull watch not including loanees...." :-/ :-P
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Great Muta! wrote: 26 Jul 2024, 11:06 I understand the thread, but to many loanees get mentioned in this section, half of whom I can't even remember, I hope the move for Ryan Bowman works out at Cheltenham, esp after his health issues of a few years ago,good on him.
Well obviously there are people older than you, people who have been fans longer than you and people with more interest in the thread than you so if it troubles you so much just don't read it. Perhaps you'd prefer we limited your membership so that you don't have to browse this section? A lot of people, myself included, enjoy the posts in order to stay updated with the careers of players that include us on their CV.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Sounds like a you problem
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

:goodpost: :goodpost:
Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Jul 2024, 11:46 Well obviously there are people older than you, people who have been fans longer than you and people with more interest in the thread than you so if it troubles you so much just don't read it. Perhaps you'd prefer we limited your membership so that you don't have to browse this section? A lot of people, myself included, enjoy the posts in order to stay updated with the careers of players that include us on their CV.
I totally agree
:goodpost: