New Streaming Deal

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

New Streaming Deal

Post by Griff1n »

The National League have done a deal with DAZN to cover the broadcasting and streaming rights for the next few seasons. This means that TNT will no longer be involved and the new deal is for all 72 clubs in the three leagues:-

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/gr ... iant-82491
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I guess the same rules as last year will apply as to what games will be allowed to be streamed.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Eirik wrote: 28 Jul 2024, 16:10 I guess the same rules as last year will apply as to what games will be allowed to be streamed.
They've not given too many details yet. Press release said something about "outside blackout windows" but outside of the UK those windows don't apply. National League sides have been able to stream all of the games as long as you're not in the UK.

They need to offer more information though because with the commentaries being exclusive to radio Devon, there's no TUFC Radio alternative for when the Beeb doesn't cover us. This happened several times last season. It's also a concern that yesterday's game was geoblocked for those outside the UK
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Outside the UK, they will surely show blackout windows games as they did in previous years.

The press release laughably toots on about "showcasing the competition across more than 200 countries globally", when there's not even 200 countries recognised by the UN. I suppose they're doing that daft thing of including Wales, Dagestan, Catalonia, etc., "countries". Semantics. Anyway, the main thrust of the exercise is international marketing of the leagues, and for that reason the blackout won't apply overseas.

In general, I see this as a positive step. Since we dropped to NLS, my TV setup hasn't shown every Gulls match. Some, but not all, NLS and NLN matches were shown only. Hopefully, this deal will have more comprehensive coverage....
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Just get a VPN which costs a couple of quid a month . What games DAZN will or will not stream is very much up in the air at the moment.

I would very much doubt that they will be streaming all North and South games - its probably not cost effective with so many small teams in this league. Whether they will stream any at all is very much up in the air at the moment.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

Here in Norway last year we were only able to stream the same matches that was available in the UK. But we will just have to wait and see. Anyways I will be over to Torquay for the games against Enfield and St. Albans :)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 29 Jul 2024, 06:14 Outside the UK, they will surely show blackout windows games as they did in previous years.

In general, I see this as a positive step. Since we dropped to NLS, my TV setup hasn't shown every Gulls match. Some, but not all, NLS and NLN matches were shown only. Hopefully, this deal will have more comprehensive coverage....
Outside the UK, they've shown *every game* in the National League, regardless of the blackouts. For some reason, they decided that the blackouts count in NLS/N which made no sense, but they then decided to only show "select" NLS/N games even when the blackout wasn't in effect.

You'd hope that we will see more comprehensive coverage, but the press release was very light on actual info.

With that said, if they do decide to keep the "select games" part, we have a good chance of being one of those sides selected, because we likely have a bigger global audience than most other NLS/N teams.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

More information here about the upcoming TV coverage and streaming costs:-

https://www.theshots.co.uk/national-league-x-dazn-faqs/
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

NLN & NLS matches will be shown as selected matches only (a selected number only per match week as per the 23/24 season streaming schedule) The intention of DAZN and the National League moving forward, is to encompass more and more further NLN & NLS game and intended eventually, to be all games.

Fingers crossed we get to be featured more (Saturday 3pm) and make more use of my VPN subscription. If the same as last season then presumably the first game v Enfield will be live and available (Premier League not playing) and all mid weeks will be shown.
TUST #324
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

numpte wrote: 01 Aug 2024, 15:35 NLN & NLS matches will be shown as selected matches only (a selected number only per match week as per the 23/24 season streaming schedule) The intention of DAZN and the National League moving forward, is to encompass more and more further NLN & NLS game and intended eventually, to be all games.

Fingers crossed we get to be featured more (Saturday 3pm) and make more use of my VPN subscription. If the same as last season then presumably the first game v Enfield will be live and available (Premier League not playing) and all mid weeks will be shown.
question; will you pay for the match if you're able to get it via the VPN?

numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

You have to pay for both. VPN has a subscription (£8 a month) and the games are a tenner. (or were last year) So yes. VPN only masks where you are (or your PC is). So for the VPN i use you get a map of the world and you select one of the worldwide servers where you want to virtually place yourself.
TUST #324
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

No VPN needed this week and i see its on live according to national league TV.
TUST #324
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

It almost goes without saying that by using a VPN for accessing geo-restricted content, you may be breaking the terms and service agreement of the streaming platform.

I'm not making any judgements here and all the info on this thread is very useful.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular

Post by numpte »

I'll take my chances! The 3pm blackout is somewhat outdated now i would say and if you travel regularly, a VPN service is very handy.

If i lived in Torquay id go to the game but i dont and the club gets some additional income from exiles like me who are living in the south east counties (but virtually hanging out in LA for an hour and a half). Its not stopping me going to Chesham on bank holiday monday which will also likely be on the telly or Farnborogh but id say that is less likely to be scheduled.
TUST #324
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Yep. Point taken and it's clear.

I suppose if Plymouth fans can stream a game at 3pm Saturday when they're away at Middlesbrough, then they won't make the trip to Torquay which might be a thing. So the blackout is there for a reason and it can benefit clubs like ours as well.

I'm playing devil's advocate here of course. And you can pretty much watch whatever you want whenever you want for no cost at all if you put your mind to it....