Home kit launch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

It’s arrived today, on the washing line, ready for the cricket club to see it tomorrow!

If anybody has the dark blue “Wollens” training top, definitely definitely wash separately! The rinse was very dark blue!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just been to the club shop to buy a home shirt but they only have BarnsleyGull (SuperNickyWroe) sizes in stock so if you're 5XL or bigger you're good to go.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Aug 2024, 15:43 Just been to the club shop to buy a home shirt but they only have BarnsleyGull (SuperNickyWroe) sizes in stock so if you're 5XL or bigger you're good to go.
You should have brought 5XL,it would have passed of as a dress, then you could have gone with SNW to the cross dressers convention 🤣🤣
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Or at the Olympics 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Aug 2024, 18:05 Or at the Olympics 😉
Naughty
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

There were a lot of supporters in the new shirts, the club/suppliers obviously totally underestimated the interest. Can only be seen as a good thing, more money coming in.

Tbh, they are fantastic, especially compared to the dross of last seasons.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Aug 2024, 18:05 Or at the Olympics 😉
All joking aside, this boils my piss, woman's sport in general is totally under threat, by politicians and woke madness, especially in boxing.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Dave wrote: 02 Aug 2024, 16:40 All joking aside, this boils my piss, woman's sport in general is totally under threat, by politicians and woke madness, especially in boxing.
yes, it's mad that a *checks notes* biological woman, who has always been a woman, has her gender listed as female on her passport, (and, indeed, hails from a place where it's illegal to be transgendered) is allowed to complete in women's boxing.

The IBA, the organising body that had previously disqualified Khelif, has never revealed what test was used to determine her eligibility - oh, and they're also not recognised by the IOC as a viable governing body. They (the IOC) stated that "two athletes were the victims of a sudden and arbitrary decision by the IBA". Oh, and that IBA decision was apparently made after Khelif had defeated a Russian boxer, and the IBA itself is based in Russia and staffed mostly by Russians.

Let's not forget the 9 different occasions where Khelif has lost to other women - it's not as if she's clearly better than anybody else.

Did you even watch the fight? The Italian fighter had no guard of any sort and got punched square in the nose. As Mike Tyson said, "Everybody has a plan until the get punched in the face". The losing fighter has since said "says she 'wants to apologise' to her opponent for how she handled the moments after the fight." (source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/arti ... j3jg51rg4o)

A lot of people who already have pre-defined agendas jumped on the moment with moronic proclamations not based in any sort of reality. I assumed that you also probably weren't in possession of the full facts. This is all I'm going to say on this because there's no value in getting dragged into an argument about, especially if phrases like 'woke madness' get thrown around.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well that's very good and informative post happytorq, but where did I mention Khelfi, in fact where did I mention any specific person or instance.

I didn't for very good reason, I was generalising, assumption is the mother of all F ups.