Bath City v Torquay United Tuesday 20 August KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Bath 1 Tqy 2

A decent result away from home with a new team. It's nice to see a generally stronger, better organised defence this year,
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

A good win ,and still all too early but I don’t like all this long ball! Needed at times I know, and more composure on the ball, we seem to panic and hoof, still I will take anything at the moment! Big game sat win that then it does look good
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Strong and incisive first half - resilient and gritty second half.
Bodes well !!
Hornblower2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hornblower2 »

Great result
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Great result especially the away win. Must admit did not see that coming. A new team bedding in with a new manager after all we went through end of last season. I would say that's a decent start to the season. Need a home win Saturday then a quick turnaround for the Monday game.
onwards and upwards.
Going to be in London on Saturday 7th Sept. So very much looking forward to heading to the Welling game.
I am starting to believe I might actually see Torquay win away for the first time in many a year....
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We won against a side who could barely muster 11 fit players. Thought we made hard work of it and gave the ball away repeatedly.

Still the result was all that mattered.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Forgot to add remember how everyone felt after last season's game away to Bath......
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why? we were the bookies favourites to win tonight. They had 3 outfield subs on the bench one of whom was a 16 year old. Their full back who got taken off at half time hasnt played a minute all season.

Too close for comfort in the end for me.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

brucie wrote: 20 Aug 2024, 22:57 Why? we were the bookies favourites to win tonight. They had 3 outfield subs on the bench one of whom was a 16 year old. Their full back who got taken off at half time hasnt played a minute all season.

Too close for comfort in the end for me.
But three points at the end of the day, is all we are interested in. Great result, which we must follow up with another win on Saturday.....against the favourites for the title.

COYY.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

What a super gritty away win for us.
A Manager who is not frightened to make changes after the disappointment at Farnborough. A Manager who comes across convincingly well when being interviewed.
Very refreshing indeed. Great result Wotts 2 wins from 3 and none of the judge me after 10 games nonsense.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Great 3 points. Everyone would have taken 6 points from the first 3 games two of which were away. So important to get off to a good start and get points in the bag.Need to keep and pass the ball better when possible and the pressure is on instead hoofing it clear and stop the crosses better, too many coming in.
Dorking will be our toughest test yet, a win Saturday would be massive, I am more confident of a win Monday at Chesham.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Excellent three points.
The team looks a big improvement on last year.
Defended well but I’d have preferred us to hold the ball more rather than hoof long.
Large away support. Lack of roof limited the sound we made.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Fourth visit to twerton and in terms of travel not one has been straightforward, very similar to the game, positives , thought craske was far more secure at right back than tonks, Carson continues to be the stand out performer, Hamon had a very good game and Cooke took a lot of physical stick from his old colleagues.
We have obviously decided as a team that strong organisation trumps the need for any pace and Bath's wingers caused us considerable problems all night, with better finishing they could have had a hatful of goals, our midfield hasnt functioned since the opening game of the season, Hasani has a quick mind which is not matched by the players around him, Hayfield lacks a workrate and Threlkeld gets dragged out of position too often from his position as a holding midfielder, perhaps thats why hoof ball was the order of the night.
However, third game in and 6 points from 9 is more than acceptable.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Disappointing. I forgot to put my prediction in.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Good win, not an easy place to go to as we know from recent visits.

Would be nice to keep a clean sheet but maybe we are saving that for Saturday. All the goals against us are coming from wide and our right hand side.

As it stands we are solid if not spectacular but its a decent start and could easily have 7 pts from the 3 games, the last two of which were tricky ties.

Id take a draw on Sat before a longish run of very winnable games. This is easily a play off quality team but im not sure it has the quality for top spot. With investment later on, maybe.
TUST #324