Bath City v Torquay United Tuesday 20 August KO 19.45

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Whilst its true that Bath had to field a weakened team, our pre-match preparations were far from ideal ,with the players having to travel in their cars when the team coach broke down and arriving later than planned ,Okay,it wasn't a long journey as such but we've struggled in the past when faced with such disruption, and far from it seeming to affect us, we actually got off to a flying start and looked really focused and up to it after sluggish starts in our first two matches.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Thought we were really good first half, could've been 2-0 up really. Second half lost our way in midfield & just kept giving possession away which was disappointing .

Our Keeper was excellent, Hasani & Cooke were great too.

From what i see i think we can push for a play off spot but top doesn't look likely, that can all change though with loans/team gelling better throughout season.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

First game of the season for me, and I came with an open mind.
First half we played and looked like a play off bound team, exceeded my expectations and we have clearly sorted out the left hand side, so poor at times last season. I hope somebody gets Matt Carson on a longer contract as he looks a good prospect.
Second half Bath came out as if they had received the hair dryer treatment, change of plan, attack with pace down the wings and keep the ball on the deck. Although we initially survived and scored a second we looked more suspect the longer the game went on. Hoof ball from the back when under pressure can work at times but we kept doing it and went deeper. We needed somebody to get their foot on the ball and play. At times we looked lower mid table.
Overall as others have said, a work in progress but I am optimistic.

A couple of other points.
I am not of the Man U type supporter who thinks we have a Devine right to win at Bath, we have to earn that right and last night we did so, scoring the second and still looking to late on to add a third.
The linesman on the near side had a poor game, how he missed the ball going out by several feet I do not know, this ultimately led to Paul Wonton’s booking. Also some of the wrestling missed was very poor, I suspect the referee had told him not to get involved in any on field decisions just offside and out of play!
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Good to see somebody at the club read my comments about Carson’s contract,

I know it was obvious to everyone

coyy