Torquay United vs Dorking Wanderers (VNLS game 4) - August 24th 2024

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TQ1er
Trialist
Trialist

Post by TQ1er »

Fantastic win. All about getting momentum this time of season.

I’d love to see the away terrace open to him support if the crowds keep coming. Always looks a bit sad scoring in front of an empty stand. Must give the lads a huge life when attacking a stand full of supporters
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Yes, I forgot the say, the ref was excellent.
Got decisions right and didn't keep stopping the game as so many do.
Don't suppose he'll stay in this league for long.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

MoxGull2502 wrote: 24 Aug 2024, 18:42 Massive win this against a very tough opponent.
I was concerned at the lightweight Ash and Seymour forward line and still don’t believe they are an ideal pair together.
Much prefer the muscle of Coady but appreciate with a Monday game it’s a squad game. Wotts got his subs spot on and at the perfect time. Ed Palmer outstanding 👏👏 everyone played there part. Big well done to 1 and all.
COYY
Yeah Mox , spot on . I thought to myself at half time. When was the last time I thought - against a decent side that we are not going to fold . But , we have the work ethic with decent bench options that could see us through tough moments in games
I am loving this new era. Such a breath of fresh air.
Hasani ,Palmer and Dreyer were outstanding.
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Interesting interview with Marc White. Worth a listen to. Very decent about us as a club which was good to hear and probably right about them deserving something from the game. Dorking were good…we’re going to get better. The return fixture will really show us where we are. They weren’t good enough at their possession type game today and teams will figure them out. We’re solid direct resilient and tough. Hoping to see a quality loan or two before Christmas. I really enjoyed today. Great atmosphere, two very different teams giving it everything and two managers who have teams in their own image. Stuff the Premier League bollocks, this is the real thing.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Tell people I know travelling to uk to watch some footy. Go see torquay for proper footy if cannot make it to torquay stick to the lower leagues. Thats where it at. Plus No var! Real footy. Real people Real experience! Can't wait to see the new look torquay in a few weeks...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 24 Aug 2024, 14:42 Anyone know if the match is on dazn? Is there a reliable link to the schedules?
Late to this now, but, no, they're not showing any NLS games unless it's outside of the UEFA rule 48 windows. That's usually when there's an international game on (meaning no prem/championship) or midweek.

When rule 48 says it's ok to broadcast, they'll show "selected" NLS/N games, not all. In practice it's likely it'll be our game each time because to my recollection they always have; presumably because we have a bigger fanbase.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

happytorq wrote: 25 Aug 2024, 02:29 Late to this now, but, no, they're not showing any NLS games unless it's outside of the UEFA rule 48 windows. That's usually when there's an international game on (meaning no prem/championship) or midweek.

When rule 48 says it's ok to broadcast, they'll show "selected" NLS/N games, not all. In practice it's likely it'll be our game each time because to my recollection they always have; presumably because we have a bigger fanbase.
Thanks for this detailed explanation. It's clear. Better get ourselves promoted in this case.....
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Just to add that tomorrow’s game at Chesham is being streamed :-

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/schedule
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Griff1n wrote: 25 Aug 2024, 08:48 Just to add that tomorrow’s game at Chesham is being streamed :-

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/schedule
Excellent stuff! :-D
I'll be watching.... :scarf:
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dean Moxey

Post by kerswellgull »

I agree the ref had a good game but why did he keep stopping play for injuries
I thought the guidance was to only stop play for head injuries
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Marc White - the Dorking gaffer (founder, owner, chairman, former player and manager) - had some kind words for us at the end and gave us due respect for the W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8SikPMoCkk

He's a genuine and likeable fella tbh. Has a bit of a social media presence. Makes this league more interesting.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Worth watching his interview after their 2-1 win yesterday, could never imagine a Tq manager using that many F words in an official interview, plus calling the Away supporters D heads. Great stuff.😂
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

Nearly as many F’s as John Sitton in that Leyton Orient documentary years ago. No way can you see PW doing that in an interview!

Does DWTV have an 18 certificate 🤣