Chesham United v Torquay United - VNSL game 5 - 26th August 2024

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 26 Aug 2024, 15:14 Chesham 1 - 2 Torquay

Am I too late, got stuck in traffic lol no score yet though.
Why did not you enter before? We were all told before the start of the comp, that we had to enter by one minute to kick off. Therefore I would support the organiser in dismissing your appeal....Sorry! Get your prediction in NOW for Saturday v Aveley.
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

This is as bad as it gets!!! Not a good standard at all, even at this early stage I expect way better than this
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

North Curry House wrote: 26 Aug 2024, 16:01 Why did not you enter before? We were all told before the start of the comp, that we had to enter by one minute to kick off. Therefore I would support the organiser in dismissing your appeal....Sorry! Get your prediction in NOW for Saturday v Aveley.
Bet you're fun at parties
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

RedGull1902 wrote: 26 Aug 2024, 16:27 This is as bad as it gets!!! Not a good standard at all, even at this early stage I expect way better than this
Lots of people seemingly just can't wait to be negative

All coming out the woodwork at 1-0 and 2-1, it's really bizarre how people think a brand new squad, manager and ownership we will win every game with ease

Let the silence commence at 2-3 🤫
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Great result in the end. Listened on the radio and didn't sound good but a real resilience now in a proper squad being used to its full. Chesham might not be a scalp but these results will be important at the end of the season if we are looking at any sort of play-off and above finish. Well done boys.
COYY
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Great result. Not too bothered about performances at such an early point in the season. 12 pts from the first 5 games with 3 of those games away from home is a tremendous return. Onto the next game.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

According to the few negative nellies! We are pretty poor! We start bad look like we have not got a clue! Ect Ect
Correct me if I am wrong! But haven't we just won 3 in row? 2 of those away... When is the last time we did that...
Come on Negative nellies cheer up. Torquay rising!
Imagine what going to happen when we start playing well...
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Oooh Forgot to mention we are joint top...
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

That winner was I think thanks to a trademark Dean Moxey ball in low from the left , he does it time and time again and what looked like though couldn't be sure from the stream a very good diving header from Ash, if someone behind the goal could confirm?
Two poor goals given away thus we made hard work of it, but dominated possession in the second half as we should against 10 men and a team who had made 7 changes from Saturday.
I had just said to myself how has Hayfield managed to play every minute of every game so far as he has been ok but not brilliant and he goes and hits a strike like that !
We looked a bit tired understandably after Saturday and travelling so a tremendous 3 points - all that matters !
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Great result - but not pretty to watch. However, if the team grind out results to put us top of standings I'll take that all day.
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 26 Aug 2024, 17:02 Lots of people seemingly just can't wait to be negative

All coming out the woodwork at 1-0 and 2-1, it's really bizarre how people think a brand new squad, manager and ownership we will win every game with ease

Let the silence commence at 2-3 🤫
Can’t wait to be negative , you talk crap!! I see it as it is and talk fact!! Stunned we got the result and over the moon, I will be happy with midtable with what’s gone on and on the way at the moment to hopefully better that! But the football today was not good at all and I said it as I saw it,so please as said don’t talk crap👍
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

desperado I have only seen Hayfield twice but he is one of those players who has a kick like a mule and if he gets it on target its going in!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Only able to follow part of the game due to work commitments today. I can see the team haven't played well today, but I don't see this as any reality check, no team at any level is going to play well in every game, no team can be expected to win every game, just because we have new owners and are in the NLS doesn't mean a thing, our team still has to earn the right to win.

I'm sure there will be games where we'll witness a much better performance and see our team lose, the only thing that matters when 46 games are done, is results.

Fantastic win.
Formerly known as forevertufc
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We won ,but just as easily could have lost and badly. We were very poor and looked tired, but I am putting that totally down to two games in 48 hours, for those that say do not be negative, we are a new team learning to play together, but so were chesham, 11 new players, 8 of which started today. So that excuse holds very little water. Our defence including the usually reliable Hamon who dropped the ball for chesham's first, invented a new game today, everytime they attack lets shoot ourselves in the foot and panic like first year youth players, Palmer who last saturday was a stand out , today could do nothing right, and chesham ran him evey chance they could. Midfield, still not sure , Hasani's work rate against Moussa skill factor, not sure both could play together.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Good result but not the best performance, especially against 10 men who did well to break up play and slow things down.

Happy to have the points, particularly with a last minute winner, and no injuries or cards picked up.