Maidstone “Not Proper Fans”

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Maidstone “Not Proper Fans”

Post by Owlgull »

Maidstone fans who failed to stay behind and clap the team after another perceived poor performance this time against Hampton and Richmond, have been accused by manager George Elokobi of not being “proper fans”.

One of their fans posted :

George has really lost the plot here

No one was even moaning about him, yet now he's managed to turn a lot of fans against him 3 games into the season.

Even on Saturday games I can't be arsed to hang around and just head for the exit as soon as the whistle goes, to then have George claim people not clapping aren't proper fans is absolutely ridiculous.

Starting a manager against the fans' thing never ends well

Sound familiar? At least Elokobi had the decency to put out a statement apologising for his criticism. Sadly we never received any kind of apology from GJ……
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Not to sound mean, but why are we finding excuses to talk about GJ? Feels like that person who can't stop talking about how much they hate their ex, let's just move on and enjoy the positivity of the new setup.......
Abbotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Abbotgull »

I think it is worth putting up anyway since Maidstone are/were expected to be one of our main rivals. Maybe the point about Johnson is to illustrate that maybe Elokobi is starting to lose his grip.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

madgull wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 22:47 Not to sound mean, but why are we finding excuses to talk about GJ? Feels like that person who can't stop talking about how much they hate their ex, let's just move on and enjoy the positivity of the new setup.......
Agreed. :goodpost:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Abbotgull wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 23:11 I think it is worth putting up anyway since Maidstone are/were expected to be one of our main rivals. Maybe the point about Johnson is to illustrate that maybe Elokobi is starting to lose his grip.
True enough. Maidstone, Dorking, Slough, Eastbourne Borough, Boreham Wood are the fancied teams alongside Torquay. So from that perspective, it will be good to see us keep our heads, whilst some of those around us lose theirs.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Abbotgull wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 23:11 I think it is worth putting up anyway since Maidstone are/were expected to be one of our main rivals. Maybe the point about Johnson is to illustrate that maybe Elokobi is starting to lose his grip.
That was my point exactly