(TUST) "Yellow Army Share Issue" NOW LIVE!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

It's an incredible response.
Shows the love for Torquay United.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Where's the money going? All fully explained in Chairman's Chat 2.
sandowngull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sandowngull »

YELLOW ARMY SHARE ISSUE - HALF-TIME UPDATE

As at 10th September (9.30pm) we are delighted to confirm the total of £152,781 has so far been pledged to our Crowdfunder Community Share Issue with 17 out of the 35 days still remaining. However, in addition to this sum we have also received a further £8,750 from direct “manual” subscriptions which gives a grand total of £161,531.

To date there have been 364 subscribers contributing to this total with an average contribution of approximately £443 each.

Membership of TUST as at 10th September has reached 1083 which is fantastic.

As mentioned in our last update, the higher the capital raise from the community share issue, the greater TUST’s ownership stake in the Club will be and this will allow it to go further and faster in its rebuilding programme and its journey towards its stated ambition – a return to the Football League. For anyone who has yet to subscribe, the details are available here www.tust.co.uk/yellow-army-share-issue

By way of an example, if the current sum of £161,531 raised was used in its’ entirety to purchase a stake in Torquay United Association Football Club Ltd ("the club"), TUST would own 23.75% of the club when coupled with the £50,000 already subscribed through the TUST Forever Yellow Fund.

Achieving our stretch target of £250,000 would take this ownership stake to over 30%.

The TUST board would once again like to take this opportunity to say a “huge” thank you for your support so far.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

A fantastic effort to be honest, it was always going to fall away a bit once the most eager had paid in. My salary (and maybe a few others) is due on the 25th, if this is still within the timeframe, there may be a late boost of latecomers paying in then.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Great effort from great fans for a great club!

£100k for an additional seat on the board 👍

From Chairmen’s Chat No. 2, we heard that the floodlights and CCTV needs upgrading (£48k & £20k) and the big screen needs replacing at a cost of £30k. Given the likelihood that grant money would be available to cover part of the costs of the floodlights, we aren’t a million miles away from being able to cover these capital expenses from the excess >£100k. The big screen is a great vehicle for advertising so in theory it will pay for itself over a period of time, which I’m sure the board would budget for.

Hopefully a few more donations to come.

COYY :scarf:
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Must have been years ago, but I remember a floodlight upgrade we had and the club said they were now Championship standard!

TBH does anyone look at the big screen? It’s something that’s not utilised, especially at halftime. If not advertising, then maybe highlights from our history could be shown?

I think they said they’d hold onto the money until Christmas and see how the squad is doing, injuries etc.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Taelee73 wrote: 13 Sep 2024, 08:16 Must have been years ago, but I remember a floodlight upgrade we had and the club said they were now Championship standard!

TBH does anyone look at the big screen? It’s something that’s not utilised, especially at halftime. If not advertising, then maybe highlights from our history could be shown?

I think they said they’d hold onto the money until Christmas and see how the squad is doing, injuries etc.
The big screen has NEVER been used to its full potential,....it is a great communication tool ie 50/50 winning numbers displayed. Also why are birthdays not shown? For £50 a mention (twice) "Happy Birthday Peter Pan, 70 today, with a photo and extra tenner....Easy money, just needs someone to action it.

Other areas that are brilliant facilities but never exploited are the Restaurant (Sunday Lunches /Carvery) and the gym.

I would use BOTH if available.

Over to The Bryn Consortium for action please.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

After attending Plainmoor for over 70 years I have this week joined TUST and become a Platninum Member having bought into the Community Share Issue.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to TUST for all the hard work which must have gone into this Share Issue which as Shareholders grow will see TUST Members and Supporters holding in excess of 25% in TUAFC Ltd.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Thankyou portugull-8 days left and nearly £160k invested via the Crowdfunder-with other donations the amount is c.£170k,plus the £50k already invested from the Forever Yellow Fund. 379 investors to date ,taking current TUST membership up to 1,100.

8 days left to get the CSI investments up to £200k. If you haven't invested yet and can afford to do so, please help us to reach that target figure, which would be a tremendous achievement.
Last edited by torregull on 19 Sep 2024, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
sandowngull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by sandowngull »

portugull wrote: Yesterday, 13:59 After attending Plainmoor for over 70 years I have this week joined TUST and become a Platninum Member having bought into the Community Share Issue.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to TUST for all the hard work which must have gone into this Share Issue which as Shareholders grow will see TUST Members and Supporters holding in excess of 25% in TUAFC Ltd.
Good Morning portugull..

On behalf of the TUST Board, thank you for your kind words and welcome aboard!

Best Wishes

Matt Gorman
TUST Board Member
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Thank you Matt and torregull and I look forward to meeting you at some time in the near future.

torregull I lived for many years just off St Michaels Road above Torre Station and I always think of those far off days when I see your chosen name of torregull.