Chairmen's Chat No2

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Chairmen's Chat No2

Post by Southampton Gull »

So refreshing to listen to such positive ideas and it just emphasises the transformation that's already taken place.

Clarke who???
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote: 06 Sep 2024, 18:06

Clarke who???
Hunt?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I didn't see the first one, but watched this and am so impressed with M and M's positivity, enthusiasm, vision and open communication. Oh, and their tops, when are they going to be in the Club shop?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I've got the t shirts, very good quality.
Dave

AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Tops available on the VX3 website 👍
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

All very positive stuff and a great listen.
OUR Chairman
OUR Club
What a transformation !
We have OUR football club back
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Quite the double act these two are becoming, Michael Wescott strikes me as the father figure, trying to stop Mark Bowes-Cavanagh from bouncing off the walls after he's been in the cookie car. Heard a few suggest we may end up with a club bigger and better than before, taking the passion and drive our new owners have, we really do have a club run by fans for the fans, what more could any of us want or ask for.

The co-chairs talk about dips in the road ahead, I accept as an individual that will happen of course, and I can only hope the fans backing the club now will accept that also, the more we back the club the quicker success will come. As the fan base, the wider community and the business community see just how genuine this whole thing is, I hope the gates grow out from the current 3,000 mark, rather than sink back into the same old same old.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Fantastic stuff, they are doing what had been needed for decades, trying to make us sustainable. Player sales and Cup runs should be seen as bonus money, not vital.

Crowds haven’t been averaging 3000 since Leroys’ time in charge 20 years ago, I expected 2,500 on Tuesday so it was amazing to get 3000. I hope we can keep it around the 2800 - 3200 mark all season. If we get back to the FL then maybe the crowds would grow again?

That £160,000 is fantastic, but it is likely to be a one off chance for investment unless we get that cup run. I was a little concerned when they said they’d look to see where it could be spent on in a few weeks, glad Mark said Christmas, we’ll have a better idea then on injuries or building renovations needed.

I know the club have said there will be no further comment on Booth, I saw him at the opening game and not since, will he be quietly moved on in May or given the chance to reintegrate? It is important, we are missing one player and one players salary for the season.

I like Wotton, he is knowledgeable and passionate, always organising and pushing the players, it’s fun sitting behind him in matches and watching, so much better than Mr ‘come on’ from the last few seasons.

All in all though, it feels the club is doing everything right, so I am very happy.

I do feel these interviews could be every two or three months though, there’s only so much to say if too often.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

For me it was so refreshing to listen to their positivity around Plainmoor. I've never understood the clamour for a new ground, and listening to them talking of exploring all possible avenues of exploiting revenue is such a change from the unrealistic calls for a move. Plainmoor holds lifelong memories for me and I've always felt it could be made fit for purpose with just a little of the financial backing a new ground would take. I've watched my old club (Eastleigh) develop their site year on year and seen it become a hub of activity 7 days a week while they build infrastructure to sustain forward momentum. There's no reason Plainmoor can't be improved in a similar way. Eastleigh have a larger footprint to work with but they have competition all around them whereas we don't. I gleaned nothing but positivity from those two and the regular updates are a joy in comparison to the secrecy of previous regimes. Quite why anyone would be bored already by just the second episode is totally bewildering to me. This interview was crammed full of information and ideas, can't wait for the next one and the updates that will no doubt follow. Brilliant!
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree with Southamptongulls post. I will say in the spirit of honesty, I have stated in the past, I would back the idea of moving away from Plainmoor, never under Clarke Osbourne however, my reasons for that were simply, there is a very limited footprint at Plainmoor and the location isn't the best, also we've seen the likes of Shrewsbury and Burton as prime examples of clubs who've grow and gone from strength to strength after moving to out of town locations.

I've already talked about positivity, drive and passion of our new owners along with so many others, it's second to none, and it's so visible on matchdays also. The one thing to add, is the Bryn Consortium has brought real business acumen with them, they're indicating there is the capacity and opportunity to build a 7 days a week events, hospitably business right here at plainmoor, so with that in mind there is no need to move from Plainmoor, until as they stated the ground became too small for our needs, and that will be along way off.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out, my family and I, often go out to eat on a Friday night, if we're going to spend the money, I'd rather spend it in the Cove at TUFC than anywhere else.
Formerly known as forevertufc
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

A very interesting video with enormous positivity on pretty much every level.

All a bit too good to be true??
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Never said I was bored, I just said once a month (9 videos or 12 if it carries on after the seasons ended) and there will only be so many things to talk about. How the team is doing, how the manager is doing, how the ground updates are going, how much money has been raised, how great the attendances are.

Just feel they will need to keep it fresh and be careful talking about the results etc, it’s all ok when we’re getting good results, but if we have a bad spell (longer than the 3 defeats in a row) and fans start moaning, they’d have to chose their words carefully. Like them, I’m thinking beyond September 2024, next season and into the beyond. That’s just how my mind works.

I personally felt one at the start of the season, one after the magical 10 game mark, one at Christmas, one with a couple of months to go and one at the end of the season and maybe one in the close season would be perfect (6). Any new ideas, initiatives, emergencies, a big cup match, player sale can of course be posted when needed, as smaller sound bites.

Not bored, as I’ve enjoyed them Just thinking long term.
Unitedtillidie
New Signing
New Signing
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Unitedtillidie »

These two are like a breath of fresh air , so passionate for our club and talk as fans rather than owners and we are in very safe hands off the pitch . On the pitch I think we have a problem after watching yesterday and most of the games this season where let’s face it we have got lucky . We are very very direct and yesterday was hoofball and a tough watch , there is no way we will continue with 3000 attendances playing like that and to be honest if that was Johnson he would of got pelters for it . I appreciate its very early but we do need to play some football and why does Hammon just keep smashing it long to Cooke bypassing the midfield completely, I hope we have a plan B to keep our supporters interested and continue to ride the wave of optimism.