Welling v Torquay United Sat 7 Sept KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Skillsy
I hope you win maximum points in the prediction league today....
ShropGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ShropGull »

Welling United 1 Torquay United 3
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Summary - When you don't take your chances you get punished

Reset with an FA Cup game next week
TUFC67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TUFC67 »

Well, that was underwhelming. Frustrating use of long ball when we have skill and pace on the wings. Should have put that to bed before they scored. Grumpy. :@
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Despite hitting post, bar and having a goal ruled out, that was a pretty hard / dull watch. Not sure either side deserved to win.
TUST #324
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We were not beaten by a better side we lost because of our own shortcomings, 90 per cent of our attacks consisted of the long hoof ball, even a sunday league team would get wise to it and find a way to deal with it, and welling did. yes, we hit the post on several occasions but that was just poor finishing. I can understand why we played the way we did , hayfield out, hasani great going forward but is not a put your foot in midfielder and collins spent all afternoon trying to win a contract at welling he was that poor.
If there is any money in the budget we need a tough central midfielder and quick.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree with that , could say we were unlucky to lose re disallowed goal, post and bar hit but you could see that sucker punch coming. We were no real threat apart those isolated efforts, how many saves did Lovett have to make ? One ? Too much long ball I'm afraid and no cutting edge, forwards/ attacking midfielders need to do more to make things happen
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Agree with all that Collins was absolutely dire and we missed the imposing Hayfield big style.

Yes we should have won - the disallowed goal was ridiculous and we hit the woodwork twice.

For me the Craske substitution turned the game. Surely Mussa should have come on at that stage. We were playing a bloody awful team who hardly had 11 fit players.

Pointless giving Mussa 5 minutes to change the game with Hamon punting the ball over his head. Craske was such a negative change.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

No-one seems to know why that goal was disallowed. Either offside or more likely the linesman who was bloody miles away on the other side of the pitch thought it had gone out of play
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Ok seen it, given for offside - I'd have thought when Cody got the flick on the cross and Seymour was maybe 6 inches offside
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

Err, excuse me. Long throw comes in, therefore, not off side, Cooke heads backwards and Welling player passes back to Cooke. Goal.
Good pressure in first 15 minutes. Rest was a lot of effort with no incisiveness. Rhys Lovett got fingers to that Hasani shot too.
Another disappointing trip to the home of chicken shops and nail bars.
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

Bang average this team , will win a few lose a few , mid table end of season which is ok after all that gone on, first half against chippy out of 7 games was where we looked very good , the rest is just hoof ball and not good to watch, next thing I will be called negative by some! But still early put a run together you never know, would no want to go in the NL with this team
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We've taken an average of 2pts per game. Maintain that until the end of the season and we'll have 92 points. I'll take that average.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

We will see who’s closest
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

RedGull1902 wrote: 07 Sep 2024, 20:06 Bang average this team , will win a few lose a few , mid table end of season which is ok after all that gone on, first half against chippy out of 7 games was where we looked very good , the rest is just hoof ball and not good to watch, next thing I will be called negative by some! But still early put a run together you never know, would no want to go in the NL with this team
I wouldn't go nonsense

More like drivel