Bishops Cleeve FC v Torquay United Sat 14 Sept KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Overreaction? Did you travel? They’re 8th tier on a school pitch ffs, embarrassed
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 14 Sep 2024, 16:39 Dark days returning? A bit of an overreaction I would say.
[/quote

Ok things are looking good as we are embarrassed by a team no one has ever heard of. After being beaten last week by a team with half there first team out.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

Basingstoke was bad, this is next level
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Ok two bad results and 1 particularly bad performance. Sorry if I don’t equate that to being close to extinction at the hands if osborne and Co.

I watched the Welling game and it was as much bad luck as a bad performance. Cup shocks happen it’s how you react that matters. No time to lose our heads.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh come on - you cannot dress this up. Its humiliation. Hammered by a park side.

The squad is nowhere near good enough. Seymour and Ash are hopeless. Crosbie is so far out of his depth its untrue. Palmer and Moxey at the back have all the pace of a pair of tortoises.

Doesnt get any worse than this.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 14 Sep 2024, 16:48 Ok two bad results and 1 particularly bad performance. Sorry if I don’t equate that to being close to extinction at the hands if osborne and Co.

I watched the Welling game and it was as much bad luck as a bad performance. Cup shocks happen it’s how you react that matters. No time to lose our heads.
I was there last week and agreed could if gone either way. I listened to radio Devon and it's the manner of this defeat which is alarming. By all accounts they deserved it. It was too depressing once we went 3-0 down so I turned it off. I understand the euphoria of new ownership. But we still have to question make no mistake this is a embarrassing defeat.
How we bounce back next week is very important.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 14 Sep 2024, 17:05 I was there last week and agreed could if gone either way. I listened to radio Devon and it's the manner of this defeat which is alarming. By all accounts they deserved it. It was too depressing once we went 3-0 down so I turned it off. I understand the euphoria of new ownership. But we still have to question make no mistake this is a embarrassing defeat.
How we bounce back next week is very important.
Agreed
Kingswear Gull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Kingswear Gull »

Just returning from the game.
What a shocker
It was a disastrous display from everyone
It was such an humiliating show from the team.
Probably it’s the lowest point ever.
We possibly got carried away at the start of the season but sadly on this showing we are anything than a very poor team
So sorry for the wonderful travelling gulls.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

I love where the club is, the ownership, the feel-good factor, but regardless of that or Osborne or whoever this is one of the most embarrassing results in our history.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Bad loss. A) for losing 3-0 to who? and B) it’s a financial disaster. This team isn’t as good as the initial results. Arrigo Sacchi said football in August is a liar. Well, September is showing our true level.
TUST #324
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I love how 'the magic of the Cup' quickly disappears when it goes against us.
I appreciate the money from a Cup run would come in handy but, honestly, the league position is more important.
Well done to the Bishops, they obviously were well up for this game and we weren't by all accounts
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

It still early days in the Wotton regime, and so we shouldn’t go overboard, but there is no denying this is a terrible result. Like the last few seasons our first 11 are decent enough, but beyond those we look very weak indeed. Moxey I thought would be a regular this season, but it does look at the moment that he has become a weak link. Without a tall hold up player upfront we look toothless. Mussa has at times looked really impressive, but has also been a liability.

It would be a shame if we have a run of poor form as you feel the attendances and feel good factor may dip. Next Saturday will show how much faith our new/returning supporters have.

The FA Cup also brings the excitement in the opportunity of playing a ‘big’ team over the course of the season, and most definitely the added bonus of added income.

It sounds as though we should have two players back from injury for next Saturday, hopefully it’ll help steady the ship.

I think the question needs asking as to whether we prepared all week with the expectation Cooke would be playing, if so what a silly gamble as it seems less effort was made to prepare for having two small strikers upfront instead.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

We offered nothing and probably deserved 5-0.
The magic of the cup was clear to see with the reaction of the locals but maybe the biggest humiliation/laugh was being surrounded by the Bishops Cleeve Ultras, the Cleeve under 10's team who were having a great time singing and chanting. They'll remember the day which is good news for 'smaller' teams by which I mean non premier teams.
I have nothing to compare as I haven't been able to get to see Torquay this season until now but what I saw was a well organised Cleeve team who all pull d together and stuck to their jobs. I did not see anything close today to that from Torquay...they looked like a group of players meeting for the first time, and who didn't seem to be able to work out how much a ball bounces on a plastic pitch or that when the wind is blowing in one direction that you change your tactics.
When a defender is 6 feet 7 then maybe crossing to the head of a sub 6 footer isn't going to work either.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Manager is fuming.

Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

He’s clearly incredibly angry and rightly so, trying not to swear, he’s trying to choose his words, trying not to destroy them but wow, the anger. Players that don’t listen, or can’t, need to be moved on. There’s several players at the moment that if they don’t listen/ do what he wants, then have to go.

i was all for not over reacting, but unfortunately Moxey has never been a loud voice, as player coach though he should have been a leader today. I’m not sure Wotton gives many chances, you feel if he can get players in, several of this lot will be out the door.