Bishops Cleeve FC v Torquay United Sat 14 Sept KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Passed the argyle team bus on the M5 at weston super mare in walking pace traffic not realising we had hired it, I was in the ground and had my food from the slowest buffet staff ever before our team arrived, I think it was 2-25, and not the first time our lack of organisation didnt help the plan.
In 50 years plus of supporting I can count on one hand the amount of times I wanted to leave early and this was one of them.
Cleeve could comfortably have been four up by half time, they had a simple game plan, tackle anything that moved, after a 2 hour journey home we still havent worked out if we had a game plan at all.
We played pretty inefective going no where passes across our back line and cleeve just said ok, you can have your own half which seemed to throw us completely.
To date I thnk our results have flattered to deceive ,I know we are a new squad but we have more than a couple of players that would not make cleeve's first team on todays showing, ash and seymour were walking most of the game,when not walking they were moaning or shouting at each other, cleeve's first two goals were simply down to moxey and palmer being done for pace, Palmer seems to have put on weight since the start of the season mainly his waistline.Mussa tried valiantly but more often ended up with him giving the ball away. No one deserved their salary today.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

How can you move players on when we're only 4 weeks into the season? Wooton signed them all!!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Anyone know the starting 11 today .
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

The last week or so I’ve been called negative talking about our results 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, but we still have a club no matter what happens this year, as I’ve said before I will be happy with midtable and keep the best players and build for next year !! If playoffs come happy days
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I'm still in shock from that result.
The very least I expected from a Paul Wotton team was one hundred percent commitment, running, working , fighting for every single minute of every game. I wasn't there today but obviously we didn't get that against a team at a lower level than Buckland Athletic !
We've been badly let down today, I thought we were over these sort of performances this season but obviously not.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bishops Cleeve are Southern league tier 8 Buckland Western league tier 9.

Bishops Cleeve are 2 divisions lower than us, don't think this is the first time we've been knocked out of the cup by a side two levels below us.
Formerly known as forevertufc
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Thanks for the correction.
That makes me feel a lot better !
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

None of us are happy with today's performance, it's not the defeat more the manner of it, just saying it's not first time we've been here.

This season was always going to be one of transition, I've said it right from the start, they're going to be downs as well as ups along the way.

The important thing is to put it right next week, then today can be forgiven.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

Well it’s the lowest league we’ve ever been in and it the lowest team we’ve ever lost too ! But I get what you mean👍ah me being neg again🙄
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

You move players on by loaning them out, I’m assuming we can do that?

Wotton did sign these players, as per every squad, some work and some don’t. If they haven’t the capability or refuse to do what he tells them, then there is no point in them being here. Will he give those fringe players today another chance when the other 3 players are back, or will he use the money available to get loans in. I can’t imagine he’s the type to give too many chances if there are other options.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Taelee73 wrote: 14 Sep 2024, 21:11 You move players on by loaning them out, I’m assuming we can do that?

Wotton did sign these players, as per every squad, some work and some don’t. If they haven’t the capability or refuse to do what he tells them, then there is no point in them being here. Will he give those fringe players today another chance when the other 3 players are back, or will he use the money available to get loans in. I can’t imagine he’s the type to give too many chances if there are other options.
I think the team picked itself today with three starters injured, cooke's wife giving birth,booth, not this season, collins ,less said the better, crosbie a wild punt but defo not up to this league and the likes of craske being brought back slowly but I see where your coming from, ash and seymour havent done it once this season unless paired with cooke.Tomlinson well everyone in the lifeboat would have to have died before wotton gace him a seat, so his choices were very limited today.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

I wonder whether Wotton might start or at least bring on Tomlinson next week as I don’t think he’s actually played this season
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Wotton said it, we should have been 4-0 down at HT. Only witnessing that first hand today will bed in how shockingly bad we were. He’s angry and I’m all for it, that was probably the worst Torquay performance I’ve ever seen.
Green Rory
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Not important in the scheme of things. Promotion is the key. We will be up from Plymouth on 2nd November against Chelmsford. Argyle/ Liverpool /Norwich/ Torquay fans but all yellow for the day and loud!
Green Rory
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Not important in the scheme of things. Promotion is the key. We will be up from Plymouth on 2nd November against Chelmsford. Argyle/ Liverpool /Norwich/ Torquay fans but all yellow for the day and loud!