Time for the 2nd pink strap to go...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jamestee67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Time for the 2nd pink strap to go...

Post by jamestee67 »

Our away kit is awful. Time to get rid of it.
Abbotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Abbotgull »

Everybody loved it a couple of months ago.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Perhaps someone will put me right but have we won playing in this strip.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't think so, it's played 3 lost 3 in pink ( can't remember what kit was used at Bath/Chesham) Yes we all loved it, is it causing a problem, that's up to the players to speak up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
jamestee67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by jamestee67 »

We didn't all love it. It is time to get rid of a stupid concept kit. Stop wearing the thing. GTA. It's a crime.
Abbotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Abbotgull »

Dave wrote: 14 Sep 2024, 20:58 Don't think so, it's played 3 lost 3 in pink ( can't remember what kit was used at Bath/Chesham) Yes we all loved it, is it causing a problem, that's up to the players to speak up.
It might be worth noting we wore our home/first choice strip at Bath and Chesham.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

OK, using the word 'we' is mistake on my part, however the overwhelming majority on TUFC related platforms were in favour of the pink kit, it also won the fans vote my a big margin, problem getting rid of it, the kit has been a commercial success.

I thought the team had worn the home kits at Bath and Chesham, so it seems there could be an issue with it, so to repeat, it's up to the players to speak up.

Maybe use it only when there's a real kit clash.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its not an excuse for being beaten by a park side.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Who said it was an excuse, facts are we've lost every game with out scoring a single goal whilst playing in it, suggests there could be an issue.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Who knows if it’s psychological?

I’m sure you could do a study on players and how they respond to playing in certain colours, we all remember Man Utd and their grey kit, they said at the time it was because they couldn’t see each other, but grey isn’t exactly an inspiring colour is it?

There’s a difference from fans loving a strip to players enjoying playing in it. I quite like it tbh, however to me it also doesn’t have anything to do with Torquay Uniteds traditional colours. I am a dinosaur, but 30/40 years ago, a pink football strip just wouldn’t have happened.
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

Of course it’s the pink kit!!! Nothing to do with the team playing shite in those games? Really!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ok, so lets look at the records;

Home Yellow/Blue kit.

Played 6, won 5, drawn 1, lost 0 goals for 12 against 5 difference +7

Away Pink kit.

Played 3, won 0, drawn 0, lost 3 goals for 0 against 6 difference -6

We can look at this and analyse the pure facts in front of us, or we can simply tell a good story either is fine by me. Is it psychological as asked in a post above, is it just nothing other than coincidence, I don't know, what I do know is this warrants a discussion at the club as to whether this kit is an issue before it festers.

All three defeats listed were away from home, so is there an away from home mentality issue in the squad, when you consider the team have worn the home kit twice away and won both match's I would say not.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

People really thinking psychology doesn't come into football?

Diet, changed the way the game is played.
Cutting out the beer, cigarettes changed the game.
Statistics, how many miles run, heart rate etc have changed the game.
Money, unfortunately/fortunately has changed the game.
Playing on a decent pitch as opposed to a mud bath or artificial will have an effect on a players mindset

Small crowd, big crowd, same again. How many teams raise their game coming to Plainmoor? Some are intimidated to start with, then improve very quickly.

TUFC once painted the away changing rooms in pastel colours as they thought it would give a calming influence over an aggressive one, that one was short lived.

Some players need an arm around them, some need to be shouted at.

Some of the above is way OTT for me, you can go to deeply into miles ran, pass completion etc etc.

The kit you wear will have an effect, especially if its awful or has an association, then even if it's a slight affect and subconscious, it will change your mindset. That kit looks like something you'd wear abroad on holiday and not the kit of a professional football team.

Hopefully they'll ask the players, they'd obviously be happy to have an excuse
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

Just putting this out there, we have home kit, away kit, home and away games, we have tactics,we have new squad, hasn’t gelled has gelled, good luck bad luck, BUT what if this is just not a good team? All I hear is that it’s a new squad which of course it is,but in this league where players move around like hot dinners almost every team has a new squad!! I have watched most games and can honestly say that chipped in the only game we played well. ( first half ) what we see now might be as good as it gets( might not) our manager was in charge of Truro he did well there tufc are a different animal, he seems honest and hopefully strong , we have some good players( good only) and some that even now need to be gone, anyway there are loans to be had! We have our club back we need to reset hopefully get a win sat and who knows, onwards and hopefully upwards
Fozziefan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fozziefan »

We beat Tavistock 4-0 with the pink kit so the theory that if we wore a different color we would have smashed the mighty Bishop’s Cleeve doesn’t necessarily hold.

Could it be that we’re not a great team?

I like Wotton in interviews but he does always say “we have a lot to learn/improve on” and “we’re nowhere near where we want to be yet”. I have worked with a boss like this in my own profession and although I did agree sometimes I also often felt that celebrating we were doing well was more motivating.

I was not at the match but it’s not like it was a last minute winner. We lost 3-0!!