Time for the 2nd pink strap to go...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

We could have worn the home kit yesterday or even the black and white stripes, neither would have clashed with cleeve.
Looking out from bristows each week the yellow and blue outnumbers the pink top by a good 10 to 1, so its not that popular, Perhaps for contractual reasons we have to wear it away to try and improve sales. Players are superstitious, they read this forum, they will see the win ratio when wearing the shirt, it shouldn't, but can have a negative effect on them.
TUFC67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TUFC67 »

Rediculous notion that a specific kit colour makes a team play shite.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The theory that we're just not a very good team doesn't stand up either, as already sated 5 wins and draw wearing the home kit, also no one actually has said it's the pink kit making the team play shite.

Some of us are suggesting the pink kit maybe causing an issue around vision, and this something that Sir Alex Ferguson himself had looked into after Man U back in 1996, after his team had failed to win any of 5 games wearing their then grey kit, so it's nota ridiculo0us notion at all.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/w ... on-in-1996
Formerly known as forevertufc
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

The idea that if our kit wasn't pink we would have scored more points is laughable.

Plus this kit was voted in by the fans and has sold well.

The bottom line is that attitudes and tactics need to be looked at, especially on the road.
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

The point of looking out from Bristow’s Bench and seeing 10:1 blue and yellow v pink is a bit obvious as purchases probably favour buying home kits. Also if people have bought both (me included) then they are more likely to wear the home kit at home and the away kit away from home.

When Man Utd got beaten by Southampton wearing their grey kit, I believe we were beating Swansea City at home…. A big cheer going up when the Man Utd result was announced!

COYY!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It's been same set up tactics in every game, 16 points in home kit including 2 away wins 0 in the away kit.

SAF reconisined globally as one of the best managers to grace the game, along with a university profesor looked in issues with kit colours causing issues with vision, but hey the TUFC fans from popside say that's laughable.

OK some of us must be mad then 😂 OK let's hope they pick up a win in it soon. Doesn't matter who voted for it, I voted for the pink kit, if there's an issue with it, ditch it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair the kit used by Man Utd in question was grey. Obviously a light pink is the polar opposite of grey but I prefer to put the blame for this poor performance squarely on the shoulders of the players. Some of the 'highlights' make it abundantly clear that the players showed atrocious levels of ability which I suspect is the cause of Paul Wottons wrath. Let nobody be under the illusion the kit was responsible for schoolboy errors committed by professional players.

If the manager is at fault it's on the back of his statement that no side under his leadership woukd produce a performance lacking 100% effort. Well that was it so over to him to address that situation.

All that said, I'm still happy with the job he's doing and not too bothered we no longer have the disruption of FA Cup games where the inclination is to tinker with the line up. Play offs is the bare minimum expectation I have but promotion is what we need to be aiming for, this league isn't too strong for us to believe it's unobtainable.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUFC67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TUFC67 »

Does the pink shirt somehow stop players tackling?
Does the pink shirt somehow make players 'not bother'.
Does the pink shirt make our players randomly spoon their shots over the bar?
Does the pink shirt make Mussa aimlessly run at players before being (repeatedly) dispossessed?
It was a lack of application and poor preparation and nothing more. Does anyone actually think our manager thinks that the choice of shirt colour was the cause?
Other sports teams have famously worn similar shirts and won European Cup competitions.
Ironically, no one mentioned a betting scam. Once upon a time I'd have been more concerned about that....
Last edited by TUFC67 on 16 Sep 2024, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Can't believe I'm reading all this about pink shirts and results, what utter tosh !
Looks more white to me anyway with a few splashes of pink.
TUFC67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TUFC67 »

desperado wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 08:12 Can't believe I'm reading all this about pink shirts and results, what utter tosh !
Looks more white to me anyway with a few splashes of pink.
Totally agree.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

At no point in any post have I said or suggested the team would have had more points if they'd have not worn the pink kit. I clearly and fairly obviously was not suggesting the pink kit stops players from running, tackling or doing any of the basics in a correct manner, nor at any time in any post was I referring to the pink kit as a reason for Saturdays FA cup defeat.

I will just stick to quoting facts. The same manager, same training, same players, playing the same way, 16 points in the home kit 0 points in the away kit, facts that can't be argued with with.

What I was obviously asking, is there a problem with the pink kit (referring to all 3 defeats) I along with others are questioning is there vision problem with the light shade of the kit colour, someone else on the thread talked about phycology.

Sir Alex Ferguson didn't sit on his arse when his team hadn't won any of 5 games in a grey kit or make statements like 'excuses' ' ridiculous' or 'tosh' he sought to find what the problem was, our club has to do the same thing, because if there is a vision problem, or the players aren't feeling comfortable in the kit, it needs changing.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Vision problem? What on earth are you talking about ? It's a white shirt with splashes of pink
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Next it'll be the Bishops Cleeve team were in green so they blended into the pitch and our players couldn't see them
God preserve us !
AdrianC
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

desperado wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 16:00 Next it'll be the Bishops Cleeve team were in green so they blended into the pitch and our players couldn't see them
God preserve us !
Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Some people really think we’re not bombarded with subliminal messages and psychology that influences us every single day?

Governments, every major retailer selling cars to selling food, sports clubs, the armed forces, they all use methods to get us to think a certain way (the Labour leader continually using the phrase ‘I get it’ over using something more sophisticated to appeal to the masses) to vote for them, to excuse their failures, to believe one person over another, to buy one item over another or maybe an item we don’t even need at all (sweets next to the checkouts in supermarkets is an obvious one) and within sports, to give individuals and teams an edge, professional footballers are quite often seen as smug, superior, why do you think that Is? The clubs will have looked at every trick in the book to make them think they are amazing, better and also to cope with the abuse.

Big money is invested into influencing us all.

Within the context of this argument about a pink kit in a match, it may well be that an unintentional effect has occurred, no one on here could claim with certainty either way, you can have an opinion but unless it’s your field of expertise then you cant say it hasn’t. It will be interesting to see how often it is worn again though.

Last season, how many of you bought the home kit? Not many, why? It had the right colours, it was a similar style to ones from the 90s and it was awful. This years kit, the right colours, Similar style to ones from the 90s and everyone loves it. Why, what makes last years so bad and this years so good in your eyes? Can you articulate why you like one and not the other. I know I hated watching us in that kit last season, I can only articulate that it just looked tacky, I can’t explain it a more sophisticated way than that.

No one said we lost just because of that kit, we were terrible and would have most likely fully deserved to lose whatever kit was worn, and it’s nothing to do with the players not being able to see one another, no one ever said that. No one can deny that the kit resembles a pub sides strip or a kick around kit with your mates in Ibiza. Does it make you feel less professional when you wear it, maybe, even if just a percentage. it’s also the colour. Football is still seen as a masculine sport, pink is not normally associated with being masculine to the majority. If you want to accuse me of being a dinosaur, out of touch or accuse me of some form of bigotry then so be it, but that’s my opinion.