Time for the 2nd pink strap to go...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well thank god, a very constructive post above. Yes how kit colours look to the eye of fans and to a players wearing it, vision what am I on about, peripheral vision, decision making , a player on the ball hasn't spotted his team mate making a run on his outside because because (maybe not definitely) the kit colour doesn't stand out enough, so picks the wrong option and doesn't make the pass.

There's been studies done on this, and whilst I'd never, ever want to see a red away kit, I still think the shading on the pink is too light.

This one of many, look them up.
https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/ ... -football/
Formerly known as forevertufc
RedGull1902
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by RedGull1902 »

Well regardless of anything I would like to see the back of it, wouldn’t be out of place in an ibiza nightclub!!!!
TUFC67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TUFC67 »

desperado wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 16:00 Next it'll be the Bishops Cleeve team were in green so they blended into the pitch and our players couldn't see them
God preserve us !
:lol:
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

How about not wearing a kit at all , maybe it will frighten the opposition and give a new meaning to strong tackle and wins should be easy,no sales possible though.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Dave wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 17:07 Well thank god, a very constructive post above. Yes how kit colours look to the eye of fans and to a players wearing it, vision what am I on about, peripheral vision, decision making , a player on the ball hasn't spotted his team mate making a run on his outside because because (maybe not definitely) the kit colour doesn't stand out enough, so picks the wrong option and doesn't make the pass.

There's been studies done on this, and whilst I'd never, ever want to see a red away kit, I still think the shading on the pink is too light.

This one of many, look them up.
https://www.york.ac.uk/news-and-events/ ... -football/
I think I made this very point when the kit first surfaced..... Maybe the players could feed back to the management if they think it's an issue, though much of it could be at a subconscious level.
TUFC67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TUFC67 »

Taelee73 wrote: 16 Sep 2024, 16:38 Some people really think we’re not bombarded with subliminal messages and psychology that influences us every single day?

Governments, every major retailer selling cars to selling food, sports clubs, the armed forces, they all use methods to get us to think a certain way (the Labour leader continually using the phrase ‘I get it’ over using something more sophisticated to appeal to the masses) to vote for them, to excuse their failures, to believe one person over another, to buy one item over another or maybe an item we don’t even need at all (sweets next to the checkouts in supermarkets is an obvious one) and within sports, to give individuals and teams an edge, professional footballers are quite often seen as smug, superior, why do you think that Is? The clubs will have looked at every trick in the book to make them think they are amazing, better and also to cope with the abuse.

Big money is invested into influencing us all.

Within the context of this argument about a pink kit in a match, it may well be that an unintentional effect has occurred, no one on here could claim with certainty either way, you can have an opinion but unless it’s your field of expertise then you cant say it hasn’t. It will be interesting to see how often it is worn again though.

Last season, how many of you bought the home kit? Not many, why? It had the right colours, it was a similar style to ones from the 90s and it was awful. This years kit, the right colours, Similar style to ones from the 90s and everyone loves it. Why, what makes last years so bad and this years so good in your eyes? Can you articulate why you like one and not the other. I know I hated watching us in that kit last season, I can only articulate that it just looked tacky, I can’t explain it a more sophisticated way than that.

No one said we lost just because of that kit, we were terrible and would have most likely fully deserved to lose whatever kit was worn, and it’s nothing to do with the players not being able to see one another, no one ever said that. No one can deny that the kit resembles a pub sides strip or a kick around kit with your mates in Ibiza. Does it make you feel less professional when you wear it, maybe, even if just a percentage. it’s also the colour. Football is still seen as a masculine sport, pink is not normally associated with being masculine to the majority. If you want to accuse me of being a dinosaur, out of touch or accuse me of some form of bigotry then so be it, but that’s my opinion.
Multiple professional rugby teams have worn (very successfully) completely pink kit and become European Champions. Football isn't THAT masculine is it?!
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Whole team, needs to grow a pair and start a winning run, not be bothered by the kit.....although personally, I detest it. Blue& Yellow are our colours, which should be worn home and away unless there is a colour clash.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 07:12 I think I made this very point when the kit first surfaced..... Maybe the players could feed back to the management if they think it's an issue, though much of it could be at a subconscious level.
Firstly, relief finally someone actually understand the point I was getting at, for a while thought I was living in parallel universe :whistle:

You could be be right when you talk about an issue subconsciously, to be fair there's not been many studies done, but one did point towards white being a better colour for peripheral vision, however I was never saying the kit colour was 100% the problem, which sadly most who responded didn't seem to get.

I was never saying the away kit is a problem, was just asking if it is . I know a few fans who've brought the away kit, many have said to me, it's very tight on the neck and not overly comfortable to wear, this maybe the subconscious issue you refer to.

I'm just going to sit back now and look at results, if there continues to be big discrepancy as there is currently in results between the home and away kit, I'll re visit this thread.

Maybe the team just need to win a game in it.
Formerly known as forevertufc