League 2 Odds 2011-2012

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

League 2 Odds 2011-2012

Post by MidDevon »

From Bet365

Each-way 1/4 1-2-3

Crawley Town 5/1
Swindon 10/1
Shrewsbury 12/1
Northampton 14/1
Rotherham 14/1
Oxford Utd 14/1
Plymouth 16/1
Bristol Rovers 16/1
Torquay 16/1
Gillingham 18/1
Port Vale 20/1
Dag & Red 20/1
Bradford 22/1
Southend 25/1
Aldershot 25/1
AFC Wimbledon 25/1
Crewe 28/1
Accrington Stanley 33/1
Barnet 40/1
Burton Albion 40/1
Morecambe 50/1
Cheltenham 50/1
Hereford 50/1
Macclesfield 80/1

First thoughts

- Macclesfield far too long, perhaps a good handicap bet when those odds emerge
- First time Bradford City have not been favourites sicnce joining league 2
- Shrewsbury and Port Vale (with Micky Adams back) look generous
- AFC Wimbledon, I fear, could bounce straight back down, 25/1 should be closer to 50/1 in my opinion
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Interesting early odds from the bookies there.

Regarding Wimbledon, i don't have any stats to back me up but generally when teams get into league 2 from the conference they play without fear and have a freedom about their play which could see them safe. Infact, as Exeter and Stevenage have shown, BSP clubs can go on straight away and get up the league.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oxford and Northampton do not stand a better chance of winning the league than we do. Swindon were as bad last year as Stockport were the year before and could well go the same way.

Anyone who backs Crawley needs their head read, they could be bust by Christmas.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote: Oxford and Northampton do not stand a better chance of winning the league than we do. Swindon were as bad last year as Stockport were the year before and could well go the same way.

Anyone who backs Crawley needs their head read, they could be bust by Christmas.

Matt.
I think they stand a much better chance than we do.

Much higher resources than we possess, good managers, much bigger budgets and three weeks on us in getting started with their arrangements for next season. I'll have a wager with you right now they both finish higher than us.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Oxford have added a few good players for next campaign & as have Crawley, who've bolstered their squad with John Akinde.

Port Vale at 20/1 (they were top when Micky Adams was there) are brilliant odds, definitely worth £10 maybe £20. Were quite impressed with them at Plainmoor.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I'd be careful of Port Vale - something very fishy seems to be going on in the backroom at the moment. Even if a much needed take over occurs, their current board have put clauses in all their debt contracts stating that the club would be liable to pay all outstanding debt (which is an awful lot) immediately if a new board take over so I hear.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

I fancy Rotherham to win the league with Shrewsbury and Swindon behind. To go down, Barnet and Daggers.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

andygull wrote:I fancy Rotherham to win the league with Shrewsbury and Swindon behind. To go down, Barnet and Daggers.
Really? Someone more like Hereford or Burton Albion, I dont think Daggers will go down, I think they'll get mid-table/bottom half.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

There will be at least one surprise down there - there always is - this year we had 2 in Northampton and Bradford. I think Bristol Rovers and Swindon should look at these teams and be wary of what happens when fans become too demanding and having too higher expectations in this division though. In fairness - Bradford seem to have been humbled a bit, however many AC fans don't seem to have learnt and reckon they will have won the division be christmas.

I think Cheltenham have work to do over the summer - they only picked up about 15 points since Christmas.

No one seems to be predicting Macclesfield to go down anywhere - unlike every other season they've been here. For this reason alone I think they're doomed - sods law / irony and all that.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: I think they stand a much better chance than we do.

Much higher resources than we possess, good managers, much bigger budgets and three weeks on us in getting started with their arrangements for next season. I'll have a wager with you right now they both finish higher than us.
Indeed, they have. They have both made some interesting signings already, Oxford brought in Deane Smalley, who was a key player for Chesterfield at the end of last season. NTFC have resigned Bayo from Gillingham which is a good signing again.
GullsFan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by GullsFan »

MidDevon wrote:From Bet365

Each-way 1/4 1-2-3

Crawley Town 5/1
Swindon 10/1
Shrewsbury 12/1
Northampton 14/1
Rotherham 14/1
Oxford Utd 14/1
Plymouth 16/1
Bristol Rovers 16/1
Torquay 16/1
Gillingham 18/1
Port Vale 20/1
Dag & Red 20/1
Bradford 22/1
Southend 25/1
Aldershot 25/1
AFC Wimbledon 25/1
Crewe 28/1
Accrington Stanley 33/1
Barnet 40/1
Burton Albion 40/1
Morecambe 50/1
Cheltenham 50/1
Hereford 50/1
Macclesfield 80/1

First thoughts

- Macclesfield far too long, perhaps a good handicap bet when those odds emerge
- First time Bradford City have not been favourites sicnce joining league 2
- Shrewsbury and Port Vale (with Micky Adams back) look generous
- AFC Wimbledon, I fear, could bounce straight back down, 25/1 should be closer to 50/1 in my opinion
Just to add to that, I feel that Bristol Rovers would be a good bet, maybe more of a 12/1. I think that with the money they have got they could be a real trouble to play against, they also get reasonable crowds, which also helps.

Wimbledon won't go down Imo, or be close to the bottom, they are too big of a club, with too much on the line to go down, they can't afford to go down into the conference again, as I'm sure all of you know it's a bitch to get back out of. Just the Prospect of being 1 league away from MK Dons must spurr them on a little bit? I can't wait to see that match ;-)
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

big diff in price on plymouth at victor chandler, half the price there!! still money wasted whatever tho i imagine

http://www.victorchandler.com/vcbet/en- ... _id=123000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by allez mons »

Northampton to win. Under acheived for far too long and got a good manager in Gary Johnson who has freed the dead wood. They have a few quid and a few more signings seem to be in the offing as well as Bayo.....
With my racing head on - if you are looking at "Course and Distance" winners - then a tenner each way on Paul Sturrock's Southend might be worth it as I feel they are a decent price. His wheeling and dealing and track record is impressive at this level and he worked wonders to get them where he did last season considering the mess they were in when he took over (3 contracted players, open trials etc...).

In the "do not touch with a barge pole" category are surely Crawley and Bradford. Living a champagne lifestyle on brown ale wages will catch up with Crawley eventually (hopefully anyway!) while, despite being a reasonably big City with recent premiership history,Bradford really are crap!!

John
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by allez mons »

Would like to add Plymouth to the "do not touch with a barge pole" category. 8 /1 with Victor Chandler/William Hill - WTF!!! They haven't even got a squad! The 2 best players they have left - Bolasie (to Charlton) and Zubar - are on their way out
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Not sure where you view the odds on bet365, however be interested to see what has happened to our odds for next season