Support

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Southampton Gull wrote: Typical response from you Fletch. He didn't say these fans weren't welcome, he didn't make the point you're inferring he made at all.
Get back in your box Dave. WTF does
I don't want these people on a regular basis
mean to you then? Welcome and come to the games whenever you can perhaps?

How unfortunate that people that didnt want to shout and sing, and be up and down out of their seats all afternoon ruined his "experience".
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Get back in my box? Haha.

Calm down little one. He was stating his opinion, stating it on here isn't going to affect the casual punter is it?

Like I said, typical response from you. Try putting your own views forward for once instead of seizing every opportunity to belittle others for theirs.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

So Yellowsmiffy your whole day was spoilt by "daytrippers". Your week was spoilt by ticketing arrangements, speculation about a manager that most were already aware was leaving; spoilt yet again a bunch of daytrippers who "visibly" didn't care (what does "visibly don't care mean" in the context of 11,000 people in a stadium the size or Old Trafford?); and a terrible performance. I really suspect your day was only spoilt by the result. Even though the performance was not as we wished had we won I do not think you would have posted any of this.

It is posts like this and the general attitude of so called fans as yourself that put off any "daytripper" or potentially additional fans from attending games on a regular basis.

I personally have been attending matches since the 1950s and hope to keep attending until it is physically impossible for me to do so. I regularly try to bring visiting friends and football followers to the matches. I buy season tickets even though I know through business and family reasons I will not attend every game I have paid for. I do not sing and shout if the performance is such that there really is nothing to sing and shout about.

What are you doing to bring in additional supporters or are they all too much of a "daytripper" for you to want them anywhere near you at Plainmoor.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Southampton Gull wrote:Get back in my box? Haha.

Calm down little one. He was stating his opinion, stating it on here isn't going to affect the casual punter is it?

Like I said, typical response from you. Try putting your own views forward for once instead of seizing every opportunity to belittle others for theirs.
You want my views putting forward? I think KlinK summed them up at some ungodly hour this morning. The various chods on here whining about daytrippers ruining their day can really just f**k off to be honest. Plenty of people are happy enough to go to and watch a match because they want to go and watch a match, not because they want to shout for 90 minutes or keep standing up in the seated areas. They are quite happy to watch the football, throw in a few cheers, applaud trickery on the field and even join in the odd yellow army chant. That certainly doesnt make them any less fans then the likes of smiffy and his "The daytrippers fu*ked me off all day and ruined my day. I would obviously take them regularly because we need the income, however I do feel they ruined the atmosphere at old trafford and contributed massively to the sh*t atmosphere".

Shit atmosphere? Nothing to do with 11k fans in a 75k seat stadium then? Or the fact that the three front blocks behind the goal were doing different chants at the same time?

If you want to jump up and down and shout for 90 minutes then fine, be my guest. Just dont start bitching at people who prefer to watch the match.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

So, your opinion is that fans who regularly attend Plainmoor can "**** off" just in case they upset daytrippers by wanting to be amongst fans with a similar liking for singing at football? Fair enough. With fans like you, Plainmoor should be fun next season :)

Do you feel better for having got that off your chest?

I was vocal about setting up a singers section, after reading your opinions and those of Klink and others, would you not agree that it is important to have that singing section?
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The next time we have such a big game maybe all the "Yellow Army" should pool their money and have one person buy all their tickets for them, thus ensuring they are all sat together.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Jerry wrote:The next time we have such a big game maybe all the "Yellow Army" should pool their money and have one person buy all their tickets for them, thus ensuring they are all sat together.

Jerry, it would be far easier and more practical to do what was asked, set up a singers section. Personally I love seeing daytrippers attend these games. Speaking to people who were attending their first game, seeing fans that have been mostly absent all season, it was a great chance to attract them back to the club on a more regular basis but the fact is we blew it.

If Alex Rowe was back in the chair I fully believe he would have seen it as an important thing to arrange. Some of the sleepers on the Board need to wake up and realise what a fiasco they've created more than once this season.

It was obvious early into the game that the singers were so spread out it was ridiculous. I spoke to fans around me and most had no idea they were in a "Singing Section" some were asking those singing to be quiet, to sit down etc. Singers have no more rights than anyone else attending the game but when given the chance can create something special as witnessed at Shrewsbury, is that such a bad thing to try and recreate?
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

A singing section at the big grounds though is always going to be bigger than the number of "hardcore" singers so they will always be spread out to some degree. If the "Yellow Army" are intending to be an actual group (as seemed to be the case when they were the "Ultras") rather than just the generic term for people who support the club, they I can see no reason why they couldn't sort it so all their tickets were bought en-masse.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Do you really think that was possible with the way the club handled the ticket allocation?

I don't disagree with you and one of my first thoughts when I got into Old Trafford and realised what happened was that things need organising. I've already made that view known to people connected to the Club and will be following it up.
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I forgot to add, the sections at OT were less than 500 fans to each, at Shrewsbury there were over 800 singing continuously, if it had been arranged properly we could have filled one with ease.
Dave

Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

That's good to hear. Our support can be absolutely phenomenal at times, I would say up there with the very best in the country away from home. However, it isn't consistently so. With someone like yourself organising it in some way, I think it has the potential to become really special.
chafford100gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: kevin nicholson

Post by chafford100gull »

I must admit that watching it back on the tv,the stevenage fans were a lot louder than ours..whether this was mic placing ,i'm not sure,but seeing as their section was more organised than ours then i think that did the trick for them..regarding day trippers.i had a season ticket for 10 years at stamford bridge and gave it up 3 years ago because of the so called day trippers.they add nothing to the atmosphere but add loads to the coffers of a club..i'm afraid they are a needed "evil" to make a club successful..not my cup of tea granted but chelsea fc would be playing in front of 20,000 fans every other week and i think this goes for every other club in that division !!...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to add my opinion here,i think one or two have completely got this wrong,the general sentiment is not people bitching about the day trippers themselves of course they are welcome,however i do not see anyone's attitude here putting them becoming regular fans,saturday was our 6th such high profile match and attendances have never risen after any not the two the club have won or the four that have been lost,nor after the forgern play-off final agianst Swansea that was played before the likes of wembley was used.

The general sentiment behind the moaning and complaining is not being aimed at any day tripper,it is being aimed at the club and rightly so,it is not about being pro or anti club,i can assure all readers of this site that certain members of our board and employee's of the club read this site every day,the reason for that is because they get a total honest veiw on how fans really feel,which is what they want,they want honest feed back from us the fans so they can put right and get things done better for us the fans,they do want to read opinions from people where tey fudge things and leave out the negatives because they do not want hurt the feelings of the board or beacuse they do not want to seem some how anti club.

I am in no way anti club, i am a season ticket holder this does not make me a better fan than anyone else just trying show how i do support the club,however am i going critise the club for the way they sold tickets,yes i am.

I went and brought my ticket and was told the club ahd to sell them from the corner in,at the time i just took that to be and brought my ticket,then a popside signing section was organized,i enjoy joining in jumping up and down shouting and nmaking a prat of myself,as a follower rather than leader,so ideal i will go and chance my ticket for block 103 so i could be in with like minded fans.

I knew the lady serving,she said to me"i dont know why the club did not do this from the off"my reply "yes Stevenage did from Saturday"and angry voice from the back of the office piped up,"yes well they broke the rules and were not supose to do that",i did not say this maybe i should have,"well if the cap fits wear it"

So i am happy now i have my tickets for the siging section,i take up my seat,the yellow chant starts i join in so deos my mate and the bloke next to me,we soon relaise that the two rows behind are just sat there looking glum faced and silent,the point is here...what were they doing there...they clearly did not want to be there,i tell why...the club have sold tickets for the signing section to all and sundry....and this is the point.

Those day trippers have ended up in signing section bacuase no one at the club informed them that buying a £26 ticket,in block 103 is excatly where they would end up ,and it is this rather than the attitude of any diehard fan complaining about it that will put them off coming again.

The club clearly does have a promlem in its office,there is atleast one in there that is not up to the job,maybe thats a good place for them have a look,a good look at int he summer just incase we get some profile matchs next season.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

So are you suggesting Dave that anyone that didn't want to sing, should have been told to sit in the corner? Because if you wanted a £26 ticket those were the options - in in the middle with the singers, or in the corners. So why should these 'day-trippers' have been forced to sit in the corners, just to keep the 'singers' happy? We need to attract more fans, and as i alluded to earlier in this thread, our 'ultras' or 'popside singers' or whatever they want to refer to themselves as, are in danger of creating a clique - and that is not a good thing if we want to increase numbers. If certain people consider themselves 'better supporters' than others - based only on the fact that they want to sing and jump around, we're never going to appeal to more casual supporters. And we need to start appealing to casual supporters, because there simply aren't enough regular supporters. What annoyed me most was not the people not singing, it was that people trying to start chants, only to be drowned out because the more regular group of singers starting a completely different chant moments later.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No no suggesting that for one minute Shane,when asking for a £26 ticket each person should have been informed (which would taken a second)that block 103 is allocated as a singing section thus given poelpe who clearly did not want to be in there,and by looks on some faces there were more than a few who did not,a chance to buy a ticket in another block if they wished to ,that way 103 may not have sold out so quick,and we might have had all those who wanted to sing toghether in 103 rather than 102,103,104 all starting different chants at the same time.
Formerly known as forevertufc