Sour grapes?

General chat about anything else goes here.
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: paul buckle

Sour grapes?

Post by simonb »

Hello i sense alot of sour grapes towards buckle saying he wasnt that good after all...

PAUL BUCKLES BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Lets see how long he lasts at the 2nd club in Bristol!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simonb »

were the first actually were formed before them :)

no wonder you didnt have the finances to keep him seen as you only work in the summer and we dont get much of that these days! haha

and devons smallest club :)
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

We'll be laughing when we hump you next season.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Rather be Devon's smallest club than Bristol's biggest underachievers. Living in the shadow of City and playing in such a sh1thole stadium every other week (compared to their lovely digs) must really hurt!
Last edited by Richinns on 31 May 2011, 10:03, edited 2 times in total.
TUST member 328
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Simonb.....grow up
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simonb »

the only humping you will be doing is to your ice creams and lilo's u dafty ...

You will be relegated next season i think or down there anyway...

Get ready to lose alot of your players i would only take 1 or 2 as the rest are pants.

No need for sour grapes your manager has gone onto bigger and better things .... I guess he got his promotion even though you didnt after all :)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

his abilities are very limited simon, no sour grapes, just a fact. he's not as good as HE thinks he is, but the problem i/we have with him is his arrogance, and he does not learn from his mistakes - so is in effect is preventing himself from becoming a good manager. he may do very well for you, time will tell, but due to the way he handled his departure, showed a huge disrespect for our club, players and fans, and for that reason i hope he falls on his face, and i mean no disrespect to your club when i say that. give it a couple of seasons, if he last that long, and he'll be looking for something else, because as you'll hear on a regular basis, he's very ambitious. you and he, may feel he's making a step up, but believe me, you're just a stepping stone for paul buckle, the same as we were. good luck.

EDIT : tried to be constructive simon, but clearly that's not why you're on here. you think you've taken something from us that we wanted to keep ?? well that really is funny. sounds like you and buckle will get along just fine.
Last edited by Regiment on 31 May 2011, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

simonb wrote:the only humping you will be doing is to your ice creams and lilo's u dafty ...

You will be relegated next season i think or down there anyway...

Get ready to lose alot of your players i would only take 1 or 2 as the rest are pants.

No need for sour grapes your manager has gone onto bigger and better things .... I guess he got his promotion even though you didnt after all :)
hhmmm...how long will it be before they stop bailing out Rovers losses...earlier this year £1.7 million...
you may well be the next Argyle and see life in the BSP sooner than you think....
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simonb »

nope our chairmen has stated that our infastructure is more secure than ever... and there will be funds for the new manager.... our chairmen is a life long gashead supporter and wont stop bailing us just like if you had the money you wouldnt walk and let torquay go bust?

We will be there or there abouts next season as we still have good players at the club...

Get ready to be hearing "wheres your buckle gone!" when were beating you next season"

Tada goodluck..

Hello Tomlin and Branston... No o'kane thank you hes rubbish
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Ha, i'd say at least half our team could've walked into yours last season..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simonb »

really ?? you didnt have a better striker at your club than we did.. if u did please let me know who??... nor any better centre mid than gavin williams or even chris lines even tho he was poor .... we had a better goal keeper last season than you did ... better full back in gary sawyer who has played in the championship most of his career ... better centre back in tunnincliffe ... it was only due to managerial disaster we didn't challenge in the top half.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

simonb wrote:really ?? you didnt have a better striker at your club than we did.. if u did please let me know who??... nor any better centre mid than gavin williams or even chris lines even tho he was poor .... we had a better goal keeper last season than you did ... better full back in gary sawyer who has played in the championship most of his career ... better centre back in tunnincliffe ... it was only due to managerial disaster we didn't challenge in the top half.
You got RELEGATED by some distance with that team.

The whole of football was laughing at Bristol Rovers FC. Just like everyone on this forum is laughing at you!
TUST member 328
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

simonb wrote:nope our chairmen has stated that our infastructure is more secure than ever... and there will be funds for the new manager.... our chairmen is a life long gashead supporter and wont stop bailing us just like if you had the money you wouldnt walk and let torquay go bust?

We will be there or there abouts next season as we still have good players at the club...

Get ready to be hearing "wheres your buckle gone!" when were beating you next season"

Tada goodluck..

Hello Tomlin and Branston... No o'kane thank you hes rubbish
You're quite welcome to Tomlin if we're going to be keeping O'kane thanks.

Considering the noises coming from your Chairman is that you will "probably" avoid administration with your debts of over £4million, I don't think it's all that rosy. Life-long Gashead he may be, but I'm sure he's also a businessman and no businessman worth his salt is going to continue subsidising those sorts of losses.

You can tell it's half-term, can't you.........
simonb
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by simonb »

so man city are going to go bust because there in xxx amount of debt no there not and us on a much much smnaller scale are stable... mostly every club runs in the red... its how football is done these days.. its whether your borrowing to build or borrowing to buy... and i think we are borrowing to build with a new stadium hopefully being built soon as we have planning permission its exiting times to be a bristol rovers fan ... if were in the top 3 come christmas we will be gettin 10k plus crowds ... FACT