Players

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Fletch wrote:
The majority of teams have two right-footed centre-halfs - i'm not convinced it's considered vastly different playing on one side or the other - unless you are being pulled out of position regularly!

As for Ellis, i agree. Certainly has potential, but is positionally weak and his decision making still presents problems.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

does anyone think buckle will try to get lee mansell. He was allways a regular in buckle's team. I think mansell is loyal to the club but if rovers came in with the right money would he go?
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

exmouthgull1 wrote:does anyone think buckle will try to get lee mansell. He was allways a regular in buckle's team. I think mansell is loyal to the club but if rovers came in with the right money would he go?
In my opinion, he's the one player i'm confident of keeping 100%.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Can't see that. If anything, he'll be hoping our new manager will put him back in midfield.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote:Could not care less if he signs Robinson or Tomlin.
If we have any chance of getting Tomlin, I would be delighted. Quality player.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Rjc70 wrote: If we have any chance of getting Tomlin, I would be delighted. Quality player.
Impressive two legs against Shrewsbury, but he was a passenger is certain games this season, not the sort of player you want when we're up against it in an away game. Couldn't really decide to be honest, so not fussed either way.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
MarineGull707
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MarineGull707 »

In tonight's HE it's says Beven, Branston and Stevens all to be offered new deals! Hope this is true not to fussed about Stevens but think we need to keep the spine of the team in place.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Good newz.

Think it's one last roll of the dice for Stevens, I'm confident of his ability just needs a right kick up the ass to be honest.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I've often wondered what "impact" Stevens makes from the bench.

Then it was pointed out to me at the last home game that when he's seen warming up in front of the grandstand, he is actually jogging on to the snack bar in the corner to get sweets for himself and his mates on the bench. :|
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Boom Boom wrote:Good newz.

Think it's one last roll of the dice for Stevens, I'm confident of his ability just needs a right kick up the ass to be honest.

And a few decent steaks down his neck, get some bloody muscle on the boy so he doesn't fall over when a seagull farts.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Fonda wrote: The majority of teams have two right-footed centre-halfs - i'm not convinced it's considered vastly different playing on one side or the other - unless you are being pulled out of position regularly!
Interested in where you get that from? Most of the visiting teams this season looked to have a left/right combination that I could see? Whilst most of the prem level players look as though they can play with either foot, you dont usually see that at our level.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

MarineGull707 wrote:In tonight's HE it's says Beven, Branston and Stevens all to be offered new deals! Hope this is true not to fussed about Stevens but think we need to keep the spine of the team in place.
This is the problem with dishing out contracts before a new managers in Place: players like Stevens get to take up a squad space when it's entirely possible that the next guy wouldn't want him, and can't bring in anyone to replace him 'cause we can't afford to pay anyone off.

Can't see the point myself. Stevens has had about an hour in total of decent football this season. I would much rather his 10-minute cameo performances were given to halpin as an aid to his development.
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

Ivar Ingamarsson has been released by Reading. Injury prone, and pie in the sky maybe but it would be nice to have him back.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Tomlin has ABILITY but did you note his ATTITUDE at Old Trafford? With his undoubted ability there is only one reason he will never play at the level he should and that is his ATTITUDE.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How wrong is it possible for some people to be?

Tomlin is class, plain and simple. He was ok in his first couple of games, adjusted well to the way we play, took his early goal REALLY well. Was absolute dynamite against Bradford, who were rubbish, but you can only beat what's put in front of you, and beat them he certainly did. Then against Shrewsbury he was magnificent and he was almost as good in the final, only a combination of a useless (on the day, caused by nerves from the looks of it) Zebroski and some excellent, last ditch defending from Stevenage.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Tomlin doesn't need to give it legs and hoof about and make a big song and dance to play well, he is too good for that. Think of him like Berbatov at Man Utd or Rendell for us last year. Doesn't appear to do much, looks a little lazy, but when they get the ball, and get it they do because they're always in the right place at the right time, because they're smart, good things happen.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"