skybet next manager odds

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

For what its worth, ive just put £10 on Nickey Forster at 20/1 !!!!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

vinny wrote:For what its worth, ive just put £10 on Nickey Forster at 20/1 !!!!
20/1? Those are some pretty good odds actually..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

vinny wrote:For what its worth, ive just put £10 on Nickey Forster at 20/1 !!!!

If you know where the deals are, you can get a pack of 24 Forsters for £10 (D) ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Bradford_Gull wrote:i think that mcillroy would be a quality signing. he has a proven track record at both macc and morecambe both on a shoestring budget and with the quality of players in our squad then he could do more than a decent job. :)
Can't see him moving south though.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

McIllroy had a 1.2m pound playing budget - hardly shoestring.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What did Alex Ferguson know about English football?
What dd Alan Sugar know about consumer electronics?
What did Richard Branston know about transatlantic air travel?

We all have to start somewhere and I like the idea of KP/Nicky Forster for a couple of reasons.

I always think strikers make better managers, not really sure why there is a correlation, but there appears to be.
Secondly, they are both recently out of the game, so hopefully they will have a good affinity with the playing staff given their proximity in time between playing ending and managing beginning (this is terrible phrasing, sorry).

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have said all along i will be happy with paul Trollope or Chris Hargeaves,however did not think of Nicky Forster and when i heard his name linked, got say he has gone to the top of my wish list.
Formerly known as forevertufc
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

My reservation with Forster is why haven't Brentford taken him on permanently - he seems to have a good record there and why does someone with a good record at L1 apply for the post at Hayes and Yeading. It makes me question just how much influence he truly had there.

It feels like there's a piece of a puzzle missing here - I'm just not sure what the piece, or even the puzzle is.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

basil75 wrote:My reservation with Forster is why haven't Brentford taken him on permanently - he seems to have a good record there and why does someone with a good record at L1 apply for the post at Hayes and Yeading. It makes me question just how much influence he truly had there.

It feels like there's a piece of a puzzle missing here - I'm just not sure what the piece, or even the puzzle is.
was wondering that myself. just been talking to a mate of mine who's a season ticket holder at brentford, and he seems to think the players and fans wanted him to stay, had them playing some decent football, but the club want to, at least, be in the playoffs next season, and apparently don't think he's experienced enough to get them there. their loss could be our gain ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote:I have said all along i will be happy with paul Trollope or Chris Hargeaves,however did not think of Nicky Forster and when i heard his name linked, got say he has gone to the top of my wish list.
I'm with you there Forever, Forster is the stand-out name so far for me! (And the bonus is, he definitely wants the job!)

Perhaps Jane could give us the low-down on him from a Bees perspective?
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I not overly worried about some of the names on that list, but for the love of god, please not Sammy Mcllroy :red:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

basil75 wrote:My reservation with Forster is why haven't Brentford taken him on permanently - he seems to have a good record there and why does someone with a good record at L1 apply for the post at Hayes and Yeading. It makes me question just how much influence he truly had there.

Interesting question. Maybe they want a more experienced name, I don't know.

I'm struggling to find a black mark against Forster at the moment though. Mountains of contacts, already a bit of league experience.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Sorry if this link has already been posted elsewhere (didn't see it) but it backs up Jerry's point that Forster would like the job.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 72,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I've warmed to Forster getting the job, certainly the right credentials i'd be looking for when appointing a manager.

If McIlroy get's the job, I will not be renewing my season ticket next season.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

yellowforever wrote:I've warmed to Forster getting the job, certainly the right credentials i'd be looking for when appointing a manager.

If McIlroy get's the job, I will not be renewing my season ticket next season.

agree on both points. he would be an interesting choice.

of course there are othes in the frame.........

and on the bbc site it states that "sturrock is not interested" never considered him to be honest.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468