skybet next manager odds

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Think Forster would be a cracking appointment, bit of experience although not a lot, loads of contacts, and probably in the same mould as Buckle, which is what we want.

Good players move on and so do good managers, and if we could get a few good years out of Forster then I'm all for it.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

another snippet of info, kinda related to Nicky Forster. the reason he probably applied for the Hayes and Yeading job, is naturally, for a bit of experience, but they've just sold their ground, so have probably got a good few quid kicking around, so as a prospect, could be looking for promotion from BSP. would be a good start to someones CV (sound familiar ?!?!?!)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Jerry wrote:
Perhaps Jane could give us the low-down on him from a Bees perspective?
It's like regiment says, Jerry, the majority of the Bee's fans love Forster and would be happy to see him get the job at GP, however his lack of experience doesn't fit in with the Club's ambitions for the coming season. If they were to be a club looking to just consolidate in L1, I'm sure Nicky would have been taken on permanently. Truly hope he doesn't get the H&Y job as it's a thankless task, crowds of around 400 for a London-ish based BSP team is not sustainable, no matter how good the manager is. I'd love Fozzy to get the job here, not sure what his contacts are like but there again, we don't have the budget to go and make lots of signings. If we keep the majority of our squad, reckon he'd do a brilliant job.
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

G W L D Win %
Brentford (3 February 2011-7 May 2011) 21 9 7 5 42.86

Forster's record as boss (and a Wembley final in the Trophy). Could he bring his shooting boots as well? :goal: Cracking goalscorer in his day and could be a great addition as manager.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Also Forster looks like a slightly older and less weird Matthew Bellamy. From those named I feel most positive about him.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

vinny wrote:For what its worth, ive just put £10 on Nickey Forster at 20/1 !!!!
Think you've given Mr Chandler a restless morning. Forster in to 10/1 now!! :O
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

I reckon Nicky Forster with Alex Russell as player coach would be a bloody good combination and could produce a team to surprise quite a few next season, even with budget constraints.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Nicky Forster and possibly Milton to step up?

Somebody with experience to back him up would help.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

If we're going for a 'duo', it'd have to be one experienced alongside one novice. It'd be pointless and expensive to have two 'coaches' learning their trade. The idea of the 'older-head' is to offer help and advice. Two 'coaches' trying to make a name for themselves would be doomed to failure, as there would naturally be a degree of competition and disagrrement between them.

Either Forster or Trollope on their own, or Rioch alongside Russell/Hargreaves would work.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I would say Forster is inexperienced whilst Milton is experienced (although not in management) so should work well?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Richinns wrote:I would say Forster is inexperienced whilst Milton is experienced (although not in management) so should work well?
Yep would agree. But would like to think that Milton will stick around in some capacity anyway. Forster has done the job on his own (briefly) previously, so might not require much of a guiding hand.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

just thinking aloud here, having seen speculation about Mark Hughes and the vacant Villa post. Got me thinking.

some managers seem to be at their best when they are limited with regard to budget etc, and I think Hughes is one of those. whilst he was treated badly at Man City, it started to go wrong for him when he was given money to spend, and the superstars started turning up. clearly he's pretty good though, when he just concentrates on what he's got at his disposal, but i don't think he'll ever hold down one of the "top jobs".

getting to the point - i'm wondering now, how Mr Arrogant will cope, now he's gone to this "massive" new job of his, with more money and resources available, because HE made the point (many times) at what a wonderful job HE did at torquay with such limitations. having all that extra money, gives more scope for mistakes in the transfer market, so just another reason we might see him fall on his face.

and i think for this same reason, Forster could do a good job for us. he did well at Brentford at a time where he couldn't bring in new faces, just got the same set of players playing better.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

John Milton is not a manager, he maybe good at what he does (scouting for players) however giving him free reign to run TUFC would be a dissaster. Let him continue to do with the new manager what he did with Buckle. And please can we concentrate on looking forward and not what/how Buckle will do somewhere else. He used to be our manager, he ain't anymore I persoanlly I don't give two hoots what he does at Rovers.
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

As much as I like Chris Hargreaves I do not think that now would be the right time to appoint a complete rookie to the manager's post. He may already know the club but he has no experience at all and if we found ourselves rooted to the bottom of the table at Christmas and he was acked then it would put a significant dent in his reputation with us.

The person that has been mentioned on here but not whose name has not really been shouted aloud is Bruce Rioch, the man who bought Dennis Berkamp for Arsenal. I would sign him in a second, he has more experience than the rest of the candidates put together and has managed at virtually every level in different countries. Perhaps we would see some continental flair coming to Plainmoor if he was appointed......

I just know it will be Hargreaves though. :(
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Bruce Rioch has not managed since being sacked by Aalborg BK in the Danish Superliga in 2008, a job he held for just four months. I really do not think he is the answer.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084