Zebroski

General chat about anything else goes here.
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

Tbh I'm going to give posting on here a break as can appreciate they probably don't want to hear from us right now (even though I may add we have Torquay fans posting on our forum). I just thought I should correct a few people who are stating things falsely regarding the finances of our club.

As I've said I've always had a soft spot for Torquay and going to give posting on here a break. I can understand why they don't want us posting on here all the time at the moment and would rather move on and discuss the future of their club, not the past.

Cheers,

Josh
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

ferrarilover wrote:Ok British, properly bored with you now, consider this your first and last warning. We are a tolerant bunch on here. We do virtually no moderating at all because the place is self governing, but I for one am getting to the point with you, where nothing you say is relevant to the threads in which you post, and most of it is just the same old rubbish, repeated over and over.

I don't care if you have a lot of time for Torquay, I don't care if you 'mean well', be funny, be interesting or go back to your own board and be boring over there. You've had your say, no one cares now.

Matt.
Fair enough.

I am just repeating what Josh has just said, I think its best we left for a while, and let you grieve at your own pace and let you come to terms with it.

I will have to disagree with you somewhat, as most of the threads on Zebroski(not about Zebroski) were indeed started by Gulls fans having a pop at Rovers, so being fans of that club felt it was obliged to stick up for them somewhat.

The nonsense about Rovers being close to administartion couldn't be further from the truth and could be classed as slander and was bismerching our club, I think you will find that was very much off topic, yet nothing was said about that and wasn't moved to the banter section?

I also stuck up for you, when the bellend Simonb started spouting his b*llocks.

Of course I may have repeated myself, it is only natural when the nonsense being written about my club is just repeated left, right and centre.

We both support the clubs we do and nobody likes to see their club being badmouthed, I was just sticking up for them, which is part of the course when you are a supporter.

I just found it quite odd and highly amusing that some Gulls fans were complaining about Gasheads taunting, belittling, being disrespectful, call it what you will, yet on the other hand they were doing the exact same thing to BRFC.

I apologise if I have caused any offence, I will leave you alone for a while and leave you be, and maybe come back when the fixtures are announced to see when we will be playing eacthother.

Peace Out and Much Love <3
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

BritishGAS wrote: Fair enough.

I am just repeating what Josh has just said, I think its best we left for a while, and let you grieve at your own pace and let you come to terms with it.

I will have to disagree with you somewhat, as most of the threads on Zebroski(not about Zebroski) were indeed started by Gulls fans having a pop at Rovers, so being fans of that club felt it was obliged to stick up for them somewhat.

The nonsense about Rovers being close to administartion couldn't be further from the truth and could be classed as slander and was bismerching our club, I think you will find that was very much off topic, yet nothing was said about that and wasn't moved to the banter section?

I also stuck up for you, when the bellend Simonb started spouting his b*llocks.

Of course I may have repeated myself, it is only natural when the nonsense being written about my club is just repeated left, right and centre.

We both support the clubs we do and nobody likes to see their club being badmouthed, I was just sticking up for them, which is part of the course when you are a supporter.

I just found it quite odd and highly amusing that some Gulls fans were complaining about Gasheads taunting, belittling, being disrespectful, call it what you will, yet on the other hand they were doing the exact same thing to BRFC.

I apologise if I have caused any offence, I will leave you alone for a while and leave you be, and maybe come back when the fixtures are announced to see when we will be playing eacthother.

Peace Out and Much Love <3
No it couldn't, for all kinds of reasons, chief among which is that the offence no longer exists.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

1) I for one couldn't care less about Rovers finances, I'm sure you don't care about ours.
2) Yes I wanted Buckle to stay although it was unlikely and yes he did a decent job here, it is the manner of his leaving that has caused so much anger for many of us.
3) It does feel like you're lording it over us and rubbing salt into the wound when you come on here enquiring after our players.

4)If Rovers fans (not all) come on here to belittle us are we not entitled to defend our club as you claim to be Britishgas? We're used to being called 'little', but it gets boring after a while and I'm sick to death of fans of other clubs going on about attendances. It wasn't so long ago that Northampton fans were doing the same. It ain't big and it ain't clever. You accuse us of 'crying like babies' (several times by the way, you need some new material) then say we're on the verge of slander. Really? That's being a bit touchy don't you think? I think I'm getting a bit tetchy because every time I log on to this forum I see the same Rovers fans saying the same stuff and I'm bored of it. I want us as fans to move on. The era of Buckle is over. Finished. We've had our say about the rights and wrongs of it and are now waiting to see who our next manager will be and you lot keep dragging us back. I have no problem with rival fans on here, MattSTFC was always reasonable, however, Britishgas I find the tone of your posts quite aggressive and patronising. I'm sure this is not your intention, but to be honest this gets my back up and devalues any good points that you may make in my mind. Tone that and the repitition down and that would be great, I'm sure you'll be back for a bit of pre-match banter when our teams meet up and that you will be made to feel welcome. We're quite a nice bunch really. :)

I think that covers it for me. And breathe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It was getting tedious.............."with the greatest of respect"...............having to read all about Rovers and their finances on our Main Board, who of us really gives a toss?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I've purposely kept out of these discussions as I'm the type that never lets anything drop until I've won the argument (I'd probably make a decent football manager one day!).

From what I've seen so far, it is very much 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. At a time when we've lost our manager we're obviously going to be discussing the subject and I don't think anyone has a problem with a few BR fans coming on and asking some questions about Buckle, as long as it's done in an sympathetic way. Some BR fans have decided that rubbing our noses in it and harping on about being a "bigger club" is the way forward, then wonder why we get p*ssed off about it. Whether this was done intentionally or not, it doesn't matter.

I won't start by mentioning names here but I've seen 2 BR fans effectively call us "little old Torquay" in their first posts on the site. Not a good way to introduce yourselves or represent your club. The threads (all 4 million of them) all seemed to tail off and turn into some slanging match between Torquay and BR fans.

I think it's about time the BR guys go back to their own forum. As much as some have been good posters and have contributed fairly well, the timing of your presence is always going to get people's backs up, which is why there have been quite a few out-of-character posts by our own users. If BR do end up signing Zebs or any other Torquay player, just bare in mind that they will most likely be a popular player, one which we do not want to lose (or wanted to sign) so be very careful if you do decide to come on here and ask a few questions about them.

Of course, when the 2 Torquay v BR games come around this season, the red-mist will have died down and you guys will be more than welcome back on the forum, but for now, thanks very much for your input, but the welcome is becoming slightly outstayed now.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

cambgull wrote:I've purposely kept out of these discussions as I'm the type that never lets anything drop until I've won the argument (I'd probably make a decent football manager one day!).

From what I've seen so far, it is very much 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. At a time when we've lost our manager we're obviously going to be discussing the subject and I don't think anyone has a problem with a few BR fans coming on and asking some questions about Buckle, as long as it's done in an sympathetic way. Some BR fans have decided that rubbing our noses in it and harping on about being a "bigger club" is the way forward, then wonder why we get p*ssed off about it. Whether this was done intentionally or not, it doesn't matter.

I won't start by mentioning names here but I've seen 2 BR fans effectively call us "little old Torquay" in their first posts on the site. Not a good way to introduce yourselves or represent your club. The threads (all 4 million of them) all seemed to tail off and turn into some slanging match between Torquay and BR fans.

I think it's about time the BR guys go back to their own forum. As much as some have been good posters and have contributed fairly well, the timing of your presence is always going to get people's backs up, which is why there have been quite a few out-of-character posts by our own users. If BR do end up signing Zebs or any other Torquay player, just bare in mind that they will most likely be a popular player, one which we do not want to lose (or wanted to sign) so be very careful if you do decide to come on here and ask a few questions about them.

Of course, when the 2 Torquay v BR games come around this season, the red-mist will have died down and you guys will be more than welcome back on the forum, but for now, thanks very much for your input, but the welcome is becoming slightly outstayed now.
well said fella :-D
Brady

I Wish I Was There