Scott bevan.. gone.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Again, nothing wrong with Rovers behaviour. It is our own incompetence that has caused this. Who's next i wonder? Are we being taken totally by sursprise, or have the white flags been raised above Plainmoor? Might as well have given Bucks an open invitation - 'we won't have a manager in situ for another week, so if there are any players you want to purge, get them in quick. We'll not put up a fight'.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What's the story with the story on the OS then?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

This is all going to get a bit Lionel.
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

BritishGAS wrote: Like I said Boom Boom, Bevan not telling his current employer that he has been in talks with us, is not very good, But I expect you purpously didn't read that bit.

Again you take it the wrong way, what is it with you? Next time I will come on here and say "What a joke club you are" What a sh*t chairman you have" etc, I am damned if I do, damned if I dont.

I was just responding to a post that said that Torquay should sue us!!!!!...All I stated was that nothing underhand or illegal had taken place.

[
dont come on the site then.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

The article didn't actually say that he had signed. He is signing 'this evening, subject to a medical'.
Of course it is now 'this evening' and it could be done and dusted, however, Bevan could have recieved an offer then used it to get a better offer from Torquay. In all probability he has now gone but nothing was certain at the time that article was put up, which is perhaps why the club knew nothing of it.
rodneyjackjackjack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by rodneyjackjackjack »

For gods sake we need a manager to come in right now and get behind our players!

They need to be protected against the claws of Paul Buckle, flying over Plainmoor like a vulture in the sky!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

ferrarilover wrote:What's the story with the story on the OS then?

Matt.
Probably means that Bevan hasn't yet told tufc that he's signing/has signed for Bristol.
TUST member 203
jonesy33tufc
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Scott Bevan

Post by jonesy33tufc »

Fonda wrote:Bevs has done well for us, but he's certainly not irreplaceable. Decent shot stopper, but considering his size, far too reluctant to leave his line. His kicking is Rayner-esque too. Cheers Scott, enjoy being second choice somewhere else.
Fonda he's gone to Bristol at first choice, also 4 other clubs came in for him. 2 of the 4 were Championship clubs, second choice but still an achievement. Also David James and Calvin Davis rate him highly not to mention winning awards from the FA, earning a place in the the South-West team of the season. He lost his confidence towards the end as he was suffering from a hip enjury. I'm not saying Beven is the best keeper we have had but he's good at want he does and he helped us achieve alot this season. Your suppose to be a fan! Maybe you should google him!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I call bullspit on the post above. Bevs clearly isn't the best keeper in L2, the idea that Pokey is 4th choice at a L1 club (promoted or not) and Bevs would be a genuine number two at a club vying to get into the Premier League.

On another note, he's definitely off, yeah?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

bixieupnorth wrote:no great loss, tall was about his only attribute!! good at pens, but kicking shocking, decision making gone to pot recently. keepers ten a penny, so dont panic just yet!!
I agree, the give away was the number of times that defenders belted the ball out of play, rather than risk a back pass........"dodgy keeper!".

More than likely the new manager will be able to sort this one out quite easily, but in any case it's all down to money & what the club can afford. You can't blame the players, at this level an extra £100.00 or so per week means a lot when your likely to be finished at 35.
One of the most important things is that the new manager should be able to get in good young loan players on the way up! Perhaps we may end up with a third choice Prem, keeper on a season loan, & only have to pay a nominal amount of wages.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

jonesy33tufc wrote: Fonda he's gone to Bristol at first choice, also 4 other clubs came in for him. 2 of the 4 were Championship clubs, second choice but still an achievement. Also David James and Calvin Davis rate him highly not to mention winning awards from the FA, earning a place in the the South-West team of the season. He lost his confidence towards the end as he was suffering from a hip enjury. I'm not saying Beven is the best keeper we have had but he's good at want he does and he helped us achieve alot this season. Your suppose to be a fan! Maybe you should google him!
I'm touched that of all the posts daring to criticise elements of his game, you chose mine to pick fault with.

He's a decent keeper, but like all at this level has weaknesses. We'll pick someone up from that list of free's that is his equal. I'm actually surprised Bucks didn't look at one or two others.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm still lamenting the loss of Terry Adlington, handy Andy Donnelly, John Connaughton, Mike Mahoney, John Turner, Neville Southall . . .
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Maybe Bevan shares the same agent as Kuffour and Akinfenwa. Would have been nice for him to inform the club that he was leaving. We have paid his wages for the last three years. But then 'being nice' clearly doesn't get you anywhere in this game.

Don't blame Bevs for going though. His wages have probably been doubled, he has better shot of promotion next season and our new manager may prefer to bring in his own first-team goalie. He would have actually been quite foolish to not follow Buckle. Talking of our former manager, just how important did you say it was to keep this squad together after the play-off final defeat?
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Rush goalies? jumpers for goalposts?? I don't think this will be the last raid on our players to be honest. Plenty more will be moving up the M5 with a promise of wages and terms we can't match so standby!! I'll get me coat. :-/
Oblivion!!!!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We do have a retained list then? Nice of the club to let us know.

I'll add the BRFC website to my favourites, it's where we're more likely to hear any news about us.

In the last week, the only things added to the website are an increasingly trivial list of events loosely connected to the club. There's been NO news about our retained list, NO news about our summer plan and NO news about our new manager. Without the Hearld, we'd have no idea we're looking to make an appointment next week and would have been sat in the dark for over 2 weeks since the PO Final wondering what was happening. At a time when frustration and pessimism is at a high, it's quite frankly pathetic that the only thing communicated to the fans is an announcement about the Skittles club. Meanwhile our goalkeeper and main transfer target have moved elsewhere and the club are none the wiser.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats