John Milton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
houndtorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by houndtorgull »

Just checking .com and the Chief Scout position is now vacant. Was that John Milton, if so, has he also departed????
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Low and behold. It gets mentioned on here how out of date the OS is and then the very next day it gets updated.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Kenny Veysey stays, I know he's well-rated by Buckle, rightly so.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I am confused,has John Milton left our club did not see it annouced anywhere,on the subject of Kenny Vevsey he is indeed a top quailty keeper coach now that would be a big loss.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

This time last year I was so positive about the season ahead. Now I don't know what to think. No manager, assistant, goalkeepers, possibly the chief scout gone, player contracts uncertain and another big loss financially. I hope Kenny stays. I can't imagine him uprooting his family for Bristol.
I'm usually pretty positive, I like to think the best of situations. I am looking forward to the announcement of a new manager, which I hope will make things look a little brighter soon enough.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

John Milton . . . . . . Paradise Lost. :(
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Low and behold. It gets mentioned on here how out of date the OS is and then the very next day it gets updated.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Kenny Veysey stays, I know he's well-rated by Buckle, rightly so.
I agree it would be a shame if we lose Kenny who seems to have done a good job for us although can we really afford a speciallist coach in our current financial situation. With no goalkeepers he won`t have much to do anyway. On a serious note if we end up getting a cheap option in goal then the need for him staying would be greater.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

So anyone know if John Milton has gone???

From the official site it would seem that he has...
Trucker49
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Trucker49 »

Can anyone explain what Veysey has done that shows he is such a good coach?

I have never met the guy and have never seen him working but from the evidence on the pitch he doesn't seem to be particularly impressive. Beven has always had one very glaring weakness, his kicking. Yet this has never improved and over the last few weeks of the season has become even worse. Surely a half decent coach would have been able to make some kind of improvement in this aspect of his game over the last three years?

Also given our financial situation a goalkeeper coach seems a luxury we can do without. I wouldn't be too concerned if he left to be honest.

Much more concerned about John Milton leaving, however his leaving (if he has left) could be mitigated by the new management team. Will have to wait and see if this is a negative development or not.
Yellow isn't a colour, it's a state of mind
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

DavetheRave wrote:So anyone know if John Milton has gone???

From the official site it would seem that he has...

He's worked on a Consultancy basis and not as an employee so is free to go wherever he chooses. I'd hope the Board would do the sensible thing and try to keep him working on a similar basis but he's more likely to continue identifying players for Buckle.

Trucker, Veysey is a damned good goalkeeping coach, I think you'll find a long-term injury is responsible for Bevans lack of mobility and poor kicking. I would expect him to want to carry on working with Bevan if he's made an offer.

Edit: What you see from him on the pitch is purely warming a keeper up, not coaching him.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Trucker49 wrote:Can anyone explain what Veysey has done that shows he is such a good coach?

I have never met the guy and have never seen him working but from the evidence on the pitch he doesn't seem to be particularly impressive. Beven has always had one very glaring weakness, his kicking. Yet this has never improved and over the last few weeks of the season has become even worse. Surely a half decent coach would have been able to make some kind of improvement in this aspect of his game over the last three years?

Also given our financial situation a goalkeeper coach seems a luxury we can do without. I wouldn't be too concerned if he left to be honest.

Much more concerned about John Milton leaving, however his leaving (if he has left) could be mitigated by the new management team. Will have to wait and see if this is a negative development or not.
I have met kenny Veysey and have seen him coaching,what a lot people do not realise is Kenny last seaosn simply did not turn up do a bit of work with bevan/Potter and then go home,he also coached our youth team keeper,and centre of exellence keepers aswell from 8-up to 16 year olds think you will agree the future of the club,i have seen the response of these keeprs first hand and the way they improved no end under his training,trust me one and all when i say this ,kenny Veysey is "not" a waste of money ,and will be a massive loss if he goes.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It appears that dotcom has been updated yet again!

VACANT is now occupying the Sports Science/Analysis position once occupied by Vinny North (I never did work out whether he was related to Shaun?) ... anyway he has gone as well, I don't think I need to guess where!!!!

It will be interesting to see whether this position is filled - along with that of Chief Scout - when the new man is appointed. The departure of Paul Buckle and his "entourage" may well be seen by some on the board as an opportunity to shed one or two of these jobs in a cost cutting measure. You also have to wonder if/when the likes of Veysey and Davey will move on too.

I suppose it is a case of needs must given the disastrous (I don't think that's too strong a word for describing it?) set of accounts for y/e 30.6.2010 and the hugely expensive cock up over Colin Lee's contract .... I must admit I do now wonder whether we will see a return to the way the club was run under Mike Bateson ? I guess we will find out over the next week but I hope that the new man (hopefully men) will be given a decent crack of the whip and given something approaching the support afforded to Paul Buckle - although I seriously doubt it will be at the level that we have seen over the last couple of years (approved by Colin Lee) as I think that may now be a thing of the past in these austere times.

I also note that the Club Secretary is still listed as "Acting". Given that she has been doing the job since February (i.e. over 4 months now) it is surely time to either appoint her in the role properly or get someone else in. I wonder whether she is still on her "old" wage in her new role or is she being paid a wage commensurate with such an important role at the club?
Last edited by CP Gull on 07 Jun 2011, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

forevertufc wrote: I have met kenny Veysey and have seen him coaching,what a lot people do not realise is Kenny last seaosn simply did not turn up do a bit of work with bevan/Potter and then go home,he also coached our youth team keeper,and centre of exellence keepers aswell from 8-up to 16 year olds think you will agree the future of the club,i have seen the response of these keeprs first hand and the way they improved no end under his training,trust me one and all when i say this ,kenny Veysey is "not" a waste of money ,and will be a massive loss if he goes.
On top of that Kenny also performs the much more humble role of kit man. After the home game against Chesterfield I heard him say in the Gull's Nest that he couldn't stop as he had to get all the kit to the laundrette before it closed.
His work at the club should not be underestimated or undervalued.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

A shoe string budget by which it all hangs now.
rumurchap
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rumurchap »

Did John Milton join rovers or what happened here ?! anyone know
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

No he didn't.

He's considering other offers from higher up the food chain.
Dave