Craig Stanley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

royalgull wrote:Money > No Money.

Our website is telling us all about a skittles event.
ooh, the little fruity sweets ??

is that what we'll be paying our players with ?? :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Devastating. Buckle has really f**ked us over.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

royalgull wrote:Doubt the last bit.

They've still got a lot of work to do. It's a bit similar to when Bucks first joined here, decimated squad and he's got a relatively reasonable budget now to buiild a new one. Just like when he took the TUFC job he's starting off with people he knows. Expect Branston next, that's going to be the one that grinds my gears.
Matt Gill & Craig Stanley = best centre midfield partnership in League Two, easy.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

So? They haven't got a striker to score goals in this league (yet).

I expect them to go up after Buckle's finished **** us over, but they won't piss the league for a minute - Crawley, Swindon and Oxford will all be up there.
Sammyappz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'kane

Post by Sammyappz »

As much as I think stanley would have been a great signing, as long as we can keep hold of o'kane for next season I think he is more than capable of filling the role of what stanley would play. If we keep him in the middle with a stronger ball winning midfielder (maybe manse) then we will still have a very strong central midfield. This does rely on a big IF we an keep him. Now would be the time for the board to be strong a reject any advances and show some ambition! Also im sure whoever the new manager is will have contacts of new midfielders available.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Cannot see Eunan being here in August.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

NickGull wrote:So? They haven't got a striker to score goals in this league (yet).

I expect them to go up after Buckle's finished **** us over, but they won't piss the league for a minute - Crawley, Swindon and Oxford will all be up there.
And as 'hilarious' all the AC jibes are, i fully expect the Cobblers to be there or there abouts also, Port Vale, Rotherham, Shrewsbury won't be too far away either.

Bristol Rovers won't 'piss' the league. I do expect them to be top 7 though.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Interesting to see what the Paul Buckle fan club members have to say about this one - I know what it feels like to be shatfted now! - many will say good business - I say it is testament to what everyone else has previously said. When I am remembering what Paul Buckle has done for Torquay. I am afraid this will far outweigh any positives on my part!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
gashead josh

Post by gashead josh »

Did he not do the exact same thing when he came to you and **** over Exeter?

How did you all feel then?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

A huge loss for us. I know he was never our player, but without Buckle moving, it was almost certain he'd have been here next season. He gave us his all, did a lot more for the club than he needed to (coming to games after he left and when he was suspended), but having joined Bristol Rovers it's hard to wish him well for the future. God knows how we're going to replace him.

I don't think this will be the end of our 'outs' either. Hopefully we can get them done with sooner rather than later so we know what we're dealing with. Mansell and O'Kane is just as good as Gill and Stanley, but I doubt O'Kane will still be here and Mansell might be at right back.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Point taken. That also is a warning to you guys too! - It's ok to be ruthless and ambitious - but at all costs? - Karma will catch you in the end!
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i can't help remembering PB's quote about "leaving the club in a better state than when he took over". Well, he's wasting no time in f**king it back up and pushing us back to where he found us is he ?? ****.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

denspad wrote:Interesting to see what the Paul Buckle fan club members have to say about this one - I know what it feels like to be shatfted now! - many will say good business - I say it is testament to what everyone else has previously said. When I am remembering what Paul Buckle has done for Torquay. I am afraid this will far outweigh any positives on my part!
He's not our player and there's no evidence we offered Stanely anything. Why would he come to TUFC for less money when one of the main reasons he came here in the first place was because of Buckle.

Hasn't shafted us at all.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

gashead josh wrote:Did he not do the exact same thing when he came to you and **** over Exeter?

Yep, and he'll do it to you in a couple of years too.

B*****d.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

gashead josh wrote:Did he not do the exact same thing when he came to you and **** over Exeter?

Perhaps the board should've known better since he has previous. I think many of us expected it but it doesn't stop us feeling angry.
How will you feel when he does it to you?