Who will Buckle take with him?

General chat about anything else goes here.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Fonda wrote: Has a 'right'? Are you for real? They are TUFC players, not Paul Buckle players.
But Bevan and Stanley were not Torquay players were they?

If Buckle does come in for more Torquay players, which I sincerely hope he doesn't, then Torquay will be compensated with a fee.

I am sure if you lot completely disagree with the fee that would have been agreed, then Paul Buckle will get slaughtered again? despite the fact it will be down to your chairman?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I honestly believe that if we had a manager in charge 2 weeks ago who wanted Stanley (Buckle or whoever else), he would be a Torquay player. The same can be said for Bevan and maybe Robinson. I see these as our players because in any normal circumstance, they would've been offered a contract and were likely to accept it. In Bevan's case, if a manager wanted him, he would've been offered a decent contract.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Fonda wrote: Has a 'right'? Are you for real? They are TUFC players, not Paul Buckle players.
Not TUFC players, out of contract players so far
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

BritishGAS wrote: But Bevan and Stanley were not Torquay players were they?

If Buckle does come in for more Torquay players, which I sincerely hope he doesn't, then Torquay will be compensated with a fee.

I am sure if you lot completely disagree with the fee that would have been agreed, then Paul Buckle will get slaughtered again? despite the fact it will be down to your chairman?

No point wasting your breath BG. If it rained all summer that will be Buckles fault as well.

If Buckle did all these dealings with us ages ago (as they seem to think) they should have had a manager lined up to take over earlier than this surely.

Hell even the commentator on their play off final game mentioned Buckle might be heading here, the worlds worst kept secret
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

A question regarding Bevan..

Don't contracts run until June 30th? Or is that just Football Manager?

If that's correct, which I think it might be, then technically he wasn't yet a free agent.

Still, no point grumbling on things in the past now though, eh.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Usually the transfer window begins on July 1st, this year it seems to have started on June 1st. For that reason, I'd imagine the contracts ended on 31st May.
Luke.

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

BritishGAS wrote: But Bevan and Stanley were not Torquay players were they?

The original point suggested a right to 'Torquay players as he built the team from scratch', or something equally idiotic. There was no clarification that he was referring to out of contract players. I've said countless times he's done nothing wrong by signing players that didn't have a contract with us. If he, using his knowledge of our financial situation, comes back and offers derisory figures for our contracted players, he will show himself to be completely lacking in scruples.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Gashead1979 wrote:

No point wasting your breath BG. If it rained all summer that will be Buckles fault as well.
If Buckle did all these dealings with us ages ago (as they seem to think) they should have had a manager lined up to take over earlier than this surely.

Hell even the commentator on their play off final game mentioned Buckle might be heading here, the worlds worst kept secret

If rain came from a hosepipe you have no idea how close that would be to the truth :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahaha, a pitch watering joke, brilliant.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Right i have some rather intresting information.
I hate writing "my source" that just sounds anouying.

Someone may have already said but Guy Branston HAS been offered a new contract by the club, Branno also said he has offers on the table from Rovers and a few other clubs. From what Branno said he is waiting to see who the new manager is first but he wants to stay at Torquay.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

It would be nice if that were the case, he seems settled in the bay, and the fans appreciate him, he's on the higher side of 30, so one would hope that his club hopping, 'go somewhere for an extra few quid' days are behind him.

On the other hand, he is probably negotiating what could be his last playing contract, and as he seems to hold the power here, will be looking for a 2 year deal minimum I would think.

Can we afford to offer him 2 years? Will he still be at the same level of performance in 2 years time?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Depends which league we're in. In all likelihood, we'll still be in League 2 for the next couple years and I think Branston is more than capable of competing. He is only 32, thats not exactly grandparent age and there are plenty of players who play until their 34. I'd definitely put a clause in there that at any time, he can become a player/coach, with that clause alone, I reckon he's worth 2 years.
Luke.

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

My own view is that Buckle doesn't want him. I reckon he would have signed for Rovers by now otherwise.
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by allez mons »

Brucie,

Just in case they (BRFC fans) are continuing to log in here & not their own forums I will hit you with a Tyson-like right hook bombshell. There ARE BIGGER & BETTER CLUBS AND MANAGERS in League 2 than Bristol Rovers/Paul Buckle. Let us worry about ourselves and forget them.
Not every out of contract or current TUFC player would be interested in Bristol Rovers/Paul Buckle. Take Jake Robinson - decent player. My nephew plays for Northampton (no names please). Rovers/Buckle couldn't compete with the Cobblers and Gary Johnson who is a MASSIVE name at League 2 level and has/will continue to do better jobs than Paul Buckle can ever wish. Buckle is a legend in his own lunchtime. Do not forget this is a man whose mirror has love bites!! The man who was walking down lover's lane holding hands with himself!!
Crewe will come again with Dario Gradi; Port Vale with Adams........I could go on. The fact is is that Buckle may find he has bitten off more than he could chew - or maybe take loyalty lessons off Roberto Martinez.

Here endeth the rant.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

allez mons wrote:Brucie,

Just in case they (BRFC fans) are continuing to log in here & not their own forums I will hit you with a Tyson-like right hook bombshell. There ARE BIGGER & BETTER CLUBS AND MANAGERS in League 2 than Bristol Rovers/Paul Buckle. Let us worry about ourselves and forget them.
Not every out of contract or current TUFC player would be interested in Bristol Rovers/Paul Buckle. Take Jake Robinson - decent player. My nephew plays for Northampton (no names please). Rovers/Buckle couldn't compete with the Cobblers and Gary Johnson who is a MASSIVE name at League 2 level and has/will continue to do better jobs than Paul Buckle can ever wish. Buckle is a legend in his own lunchtime. Do not forget this is a man whose mirror has love bites!! The man who was walking down lover's lane holding hands with himself!!
Crewe will come again with Dario Gradi; Port Vale with Adams........I could go on. The fact is is that Buckle may find he has bitten off more than he could chew - or maybe take loyalty lessons off Roberto Martinez.

Here endeth the rant.
What a load of(If you will excuse the pun) Cobblers.

Jake Robinson didn't come to Bristol Rovers, because we didn't want him, dont need him, and because he is not very good, its pretty simple.

The bitternesss regarding Paul Buckle is getting laughable now. The guy was a god to you 3 weeks ago.

Now stop your pathetic ramblings, it is getting embarrasing.

And all the garbage about Roberto Martinez is stupid too, He didn't show loyalty to Swansea did he? he was there about a season and a half, at least Buckle was with you for 4 years and gave you some success. Martinez walked and took Swanseas best players with him in Gomez and Scotland.

Martinez is no different to Paul Buckle or any other manager.

Yes, you are obviously upset that Buckle left you, but the nonsense being spouted about him is quite pathetic and laughable it really is.