If Torquay went bust.....what then?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

With the lack of any information coming from the club for the last two weeks , this has left us with not much to discuss. So i just thought i would post this question because a) i'm interested in all your opinions and b) i'm a bit bored!! I know a few lads who used to support Scarborough FC until they went out of business and they now support a newly formed club which i think are called Scarborough Athletic and they play in non league. I often wondered what fans of clubs who go bust would do in terms of finding another club to support. Obviously many would support a newly formed club as a substitute for their former club but what if a new club was never formed? If it were you guys and the gulls(God forbid) went for a burton, who would you support either way? I think if it were me i would support the new team but if there was never one to support i would support my local club( been here 10 years ) Matlock Town
and go down to Causeway Lane a lot for beers and a game.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would probably sit at the computer writing pointless threads on a football website.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Local team for me as well. Buckland Athletic as I spent my first 21 years being dragged up in Newton Abbot and my first club was a Buckland team playing in the South Devon Youth League at Sandringham Park, or IvybridgeTown where I have lived for the last 21 years (both in the South West Peninsula League Premier Division)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

brucie wrote:I would probably sit at the computer writing pointless threads on a football website.
You do! ;-)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Yet another pointless and negative thread.....

Love Brucie's response though ;-)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Yeah Brucies response was great wasn't it?!! It made me **** wet myself it was that great!!! Snort , snort!! Next time i want to post something pointless i will have to run it by hime first to make sure he is happy with it. It would appear that my OP WAS a bit too pointless for him though. Aaaaah. Thanks Burnhamgull for also pointing out the negative connotations of the post. I should have started by saying,' This is a theoretical question to which i am interested in the positive answers of fellow gulls to outweigh the negatives of the post. I do feel a partridge moment coming on here when talking about positives and negatives!! Anyway, can't stay and chat, just thought it would be funny to point out that i am being slagged for posting banal cack when the people who are doing the slagging are probably obsessed with twitter and facebook and are doing the very same thing at this moment in time.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Support Bristol Rovers
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

usagullmichigan wrote:If Torquay went bust.....what then?

Support Bristol Rovers
Good point :lol:
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stefano »

Burnhamgull wrote:Yet another pointless and negative thread.....

Love Brucie's response though ;-)
Brucie's responses are often hilarious and I am sure he does not know how funny he is! I would think though that no thread is pointless to the person who does the OP and if it seems that way to others then the easiest thing is to just scroll on by and find something that will stir your interest. I am interested in reading every thread as it gives me an idea of how other supporters of the same club are thinking, and I contribute to some and quite often the most quirky. A psychiatrist would have a field day with me, mind you he may think he had struck gold if he had a scan through the site as well! =D ;-)
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Thanks stefano. There are many posts that i consider pretty drab, even the ones speculating about the manager and players have run their course. In the grand scheme of things my post is pretty pointless but i was just interested in peoples opinions to my question. I just hope Brucie doesn't have kids cos they're gonna find it a bit tricky. Daddy what do you think would happen if the world was just sea? What a **** pointless question kiddo!!! What u asking me pointless shit like that for?!! We'd all drown anyway! Baa Humbug
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

brucie wrote:I would probably sit at the computer writing pointless threads on a football website.

you do that anyway dont you?
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Support West Bromwich Albion.....you can't go wrong with the baggies I always say!
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Boing! Boing! (Sh*t on the Dingles) wodger!!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Ok Andygull, to answer the question "If Torquay went bust.....what then?"

I'd support somebody else.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

Thankyou, just a shame it went round the houses in order to get a normal answer.