Who will Buckle take with him?

General chat about anything else goes here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

BritishGAS wrote: What a load of(If you will excuse the pun) Cobblers.

Jake Robinson didn't come to Bristol Rovers, because we didn't want him, dont need him, and because he is not very good, its pretty simple.

The bitternesss regarding Paul Buckle is getting laughable now. The guy was a god to you 3 weeks ago.

Now stop your pathetic ramblings, it is getting embarrasing.

And all the garbage about Roberto Martinez is stupid too, He didn't show loyalty to Swansea did he? he was there about a season and a half, at least Buckle was with you for 4 years and gave you some success. Martinez walked and took Swanseas best players with him in Gomez and Scotland.

Martinez is no different to Paul Buckle or any other manager.

Yes, you are obviously upset that Buckle left you, but the nonsense being spouted about him is quite pathetic and laughable it really is.

re the highlighted bits -

1. to some maybe.

2. some are some most definately arnt.

its the manner in which he has left is the thing thats upset people.

i for one couldnt give a s**t. and im sure there are many more.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think some of the criticism of your club has been, as you point out 'laughable'. But don't misunderstand Bucks standing amongst our support. He did a decent job (though it was not the piece of miracle work he'd have you believe). But despite that relative success, Bucks was not popular amongst large sections of our support (and as you know, our support base isn't very big in the first place). He's a difficult character to like, and you will learn that. Unless he's a changed man now he's found a club to match his 'ambition'.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Fonda wrote:I think some of the criticism of your club has been, as you point out 'laughable'. But don't misunderstand Bucks standing amongst our support. He did a decent job (though it was not the piece of miracle work he'd have you believe). But despite that relative success, Bucks was not popular amongst large sections of our support (and as you know, our support base isn't very big in the first place). He's a difficult character to like, and you will learn that. Unless he's a changed man now he's found a club to match his 'ambition'.
Didn't realise he was ambitious Fonda?! Where'd you pick that up? :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Good point. I'm jumping to conclusions. He'd have mentioned it if he had real ambition i'm sure...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote:Good point. I'm jumping to conclusions. He'd have mentioned it if he had real ambition i'm sure...
im sure hes not mentioned it once shane........... 8/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Fonda wrote:I think some of the criticism of your club has been, as you point out 'laughable'. But don't misunderstand Bucks standing amongst our support. He did a decent job (though it was not the piece of miracle work he'd have you believe). But despite that relative success, Bucks was not popular amongst large sections of our support. He's a difficult character to like, and you will learn that. Unless he's a changed man now he's found a club to match his 'ambition'.
Why is he dificult to like? The best managers are normally the ruthless ones, who come across as being cold, and hard to warm to.

You just have to look at the very top, to the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Fabio Cappelo for examples. They did not get to top of their profession by being everybody's mate, and brown nosed arse lickers.

Now I am not saying Paul Buckle is some kind of special one, far from it. He is an average League 2 manager, but he is young and wants to improve.

I couldn't care less if Paul Buckle is difficult to like as long as he brings success on the pitch.

The way he left you, may leave a sour taste in the mouth for you, but he didn't walk out half way through a season, he stayed until the end, and could of got you into league one, had your team not froze on the day.

And your chairman obviously knew about our interest in Buckle, How come he hasn't come in for as much extremely harsh critisism? He should have already been lining up candidates?

You can slag off Paul Buckle all you want, but it takes 2 to tango!!!
Last edited by BritishGAS on 11 Jun 2011, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

What a load of(If you will excuse the pun) Cobblers.

Jake Robinson didn't come to Bristol Rovers, because we didn't want him, dont need him, and because he is not very good, its pretty simple.

The bitternesss regarding Paul Buckle is getting laughable now. The guy was a god to you 3 weeks ago.
he was not a "god" to us three weeks many tufc fans never really liked him. pretty bored with bristol rovers fans now. :red:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'm aware that successful people (not just football managers) tend to be very driven and can come across as cold. That is not why i personally wasn't his greatest fan. He isn't the managerial genius he believes himself to be. Tactically naive sometimes, and unable to influence games when his 'Plan A' isn't working. But of more frustration are his after match utterances. When we lost we were unlucky, or it was someone else's fault. He never once gave credit to those around him that have helped him on the way. And his constant whining about his lack of funds (even though he knew our board were bending over backwards to give him more than we could really afford). Whether you learn to appreciate him or not is of no concern to me. I didn't warm to him in his time here, so am not sorry he's gone. I'm frustrated with the way he behaved before leaving, but that's where my disappointment ends. We should be thankful he didn't leave half way through the season? Rest assured that's only because he wasn't offered another job at that time. He applied for several jobs i think - and was always destined to leave when successful. He's happy because he apparently has a club now which matches his ambition - something he (indirectly) never failed to tell all who'd listen, we couldn't. It should be a match made in heaven. Time will tell on that.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: im sure hes not mentioned it once shane........... 8/
I'm sure I've heard him mention it once or twice...? No?

:whistle:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I don't think he's ever said that has he...? ;-)
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

BritishGAS wrote: What a load of(If you will excuse the pun) Cobblers.

Now stop your pathetic ramblings, it is getting embarrasing.

And all the garbage about Roberto Martinez is stupid too, He didn't show loyalty to Swansea did he? he was there about a season and a half, at least Buckle was with you for 4 years and gave you some success. Martinez walked and took Swanseas best players with him in Gomez and Scotland.

Martinez is no different to Paul Buckle or any other manager.

Yes, you are obviously upset that Buckle left you, but the nonsense being spouted about him is quite pathetic and laughable it really is.

Nothing to do with Buckle, He was just a very lucky manager who had a great Tea Lady to advise him! :clap: :lol: I suppose Brixham Rovers will try to sign her as well!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Buckle wasn't and isn't a one man team. Here he had North, Milton and Veysey. He's taken North with him at least. It would be interesting to see him without any of the aforementioned with him to see what he can do on his own.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HRG wrote:Buckle wasn't and isn't a one man team. Here he had North, Milton and Veysey. He's taken North with him at least. It would be interesting to see him without any of the aforementioned with him to see what he can do on his own.
who cares.

TUST Member 468

usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Maybe BritishASS should spend time plodding back through the forum (shame we don't have yhe old forum) off the hate Buckle brigade over the years. I for one did not think much to him personally (bet you all hate Giggs at the moment nudge nudge) and I did not rate him as a manger either.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

allez mons wrote:Brucie,

Just in case they (BRFC fans) are continuing to log in here & not their own forums I will hit you with a Tyson-like right hook bombshell. There ARE BIGGER & BETTER CLUBS AND MANAGERS in League 2 than Bristol Rovers/Paul Buckle. Let us worry about ourselves and forget them.
Not every out of contract or current TUFC player would be interested in Bristol Rovers/Paul Buckle. Take Jake Robinson - decent player. My nephew plays for Northampton (no names please). Rovers/Buckle couldn't compete with the Cobblers and Gary Johnson who is a MASSIVE name at League 2 level and has/will continue to do better jobs than Paul Buckle can ever wish. Buckle is a legend in his own lunchtime. Do not forget this is a man whose mirror has love bites!! The man who was walking down lover's lane holding hands with himself!! Crewe will come again with Dario Gradi; Port Vale with Adams........I could go on. The fact is is that Buckle may find he has bitten off more than he could chew - or maybe take loyalty lessons off Roberto Martinez.

Here endeth the rant.

That just made me laugh non-stop for 5 minutes, COMEDY GOLD :clap: :clap: :clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com