Without us - where would you be Buckle??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Without us - where would you be Buckle??

Post by Richinns »

You should have a little more respect.

At best - you would still be an 'assistant' somewhere if Torquay had not given you a chance.

Stop taking us for everything you can get and remember that.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Probably in bed with someone elses wife.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: LOL
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Don't forget, Buckle is an ambitious guy, without us he'd be in charge of Real Madrid now. We've held him back for the last 4 years don't you know!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

He is such a deserving guy him & Rovers are so well suited...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Really I have not got a problem with Buckle going to Bristol Rovers or indeed with the signing of Bevan and Stanley who after all were free agents. Love him or hate him - if you think he was lucky or not - it doesn't matter, he has done well this season and has pissed off at the first available opportunity.
My issue is with all the bullshit that he offered during the numerous press interviews leadin up to and around the play off final when if he was to be believed he was still considering staying at Plainmoor.
It was utter bullshit and lies. The bloke has absolutely no class whatsoever. He is a weasel, a rodent never happier than when he is scurrying down someone's toilet pipe and surfacing somewhere north of somerset.
Interesting that in the He recently he was taklking up Zebroski, and it appears has come back with a derisory offer for him since.
We all know the purpose of this - it is to unsettle the player, It is completely out of order.
Cheated in his private life and cheated on the fans here - just about sums it up really.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I feel much the same about Buckle but we knew what he was like and now he's gone. I have a problem though with people at the club being just a little bit too complicit with the whole saga. Why would they want to treat their customers in such a manner is beyond me.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Have to say i think his tenure was always destined to end in acrimony. Despite his reasonable acheivements, large sections of our support never took to him, and that was because of his manner. It was obvious from the moment he arrived that he was a man that was always going to do what was best for him, and him alone. His ambition and ego is such, he's interested only in where he's going, he gives no consideration or credit to those that have helped him on the way. He'll never be the manager he already believes himself to be. But there is a chance his single-mindedness will see him forge a decent career for himself. That, or he'll upset too many people, step on too many toes and come back down to earth with a bump.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

To be completely honest, as much as he was very selfish, he did do a very good job with us with the budget given. I'd actually like to thank him for what he did for us, built a team out of nothing and brought in many players who have more than coped in League 2.

Unfortunately, his actions in the last few months just lead me to say one thing... good f*cking riddance!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

That's it he has shot himself in the foot with his actions recently - so that rather than the heroes welcome he could gave got when he comes back to plainmoor (a la Leroy who didn't do much more) he will be vilified

To be honest we knew what he was like when he played for us - he had shortarse syndrome - very prone to pick a fight with people he thought had and advantage if they were taller and also very likely to try and make himself look taller in team photos!

Ah well he'll soon see what it is like in the real world when his team doesn't perform at rovers
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Sneapy »

at the end of the day this is football.
just because another manager moves to another club they are trators, and of course he will come back for players aswell, as he knows for a fact that they are reliable or good at there position, everyone starts someone as a manager, so i dont see everyones issue with him moving and him taking our players.
Yeah! dont get me wrong it is a shame that he left in my opinions and a damn pain in the ass that he is taking our players, but at the end of the day that happens in football
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Do you thibnk Buckle tells his telly mrs that he is ambitious and that he one day wants to bang Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

usagullmichigan wrote:Do you thibnk Buckle tells his telly mrs that he is ambitious and that he one day wants to bang Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock
He's not alone in doing that :)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

usagullmichigan wrote:Do you thibnk Buckle tells his telly mrs that he is ambitious and that he one day wants to bang Jennifer Aniston and Sandra Bullock
There is ambition and then there is delusion.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'll turn the original question ass about face and ask : without Buckle, where would we be ?

We is where we is and that's what counts.

Without Buckle we may well have had a first class right back (although Mansell and Robertson have done well in the position IMHO) and a consistent/competent left footed left winger who can get to the goal line and put across the killer ball.

I'm hoping the new manager isn't rightback/left winger blind.

It's also noted, that Buck's has been slow off the mark in signing Danny Stevens. :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"