If Torquay went bust.....what then?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

for what it's worth, probably Bristol City purely because they're nearest.

Season Ticket would cost more though :-(
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

thanks burnhamgull
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

i think for me id be looking a little further afield than most. my dad is from carlisle and subsequently ive seen them play a few times (including the fa cup game last year obviously, that was a highlight!), and followed them to millennium stadium, wembley, etc, so i guess id have more of an interest in what they were up to if tufc went under. although i dont really ever want to think about that.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I would be at the fore front of AFC Torquay, sorting out the lease for Plainmoor so we can continue to play there, banning the general public from the stadium, only inviting a designated guestlist, sacking the manager after every defeat and standing Julius Caesar style post match to give the thumbs up or down if the team has impressed me enough to survive. Bliss.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

royalgull wrote:I would be at the fore front of AFC Torquay, sorting out the lease for Plainmoor so we can continue to play there, banning the general public from the stadium, only inviting a designated guestlist, sacking the manager after every defeat and standing Julius Caesar style post match to give the thumbs up or down if the team has impressed me enough to survive. Bliss.
I'm right behind royal when he asks this question . . . .

"Et tu, Troj ?" :nod: :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

If Torquay were liquidated (as opposed to going bust/into administration) and there was no AFC United of Plainmoor (web address "afcup".com) and Plainmoor were demolished to be replaced with social housing/ a supermarket/ a mosque :O etc,

then I would be straight down the A38 to Home Park for reasons that'll become apparent later.

If Plainmoor remained as a football stadium but without an AFC Torquay playing in it, then I would consider watching prospective dual tenants Babbacombe of Babbacombe and Ellacombe of Ellacombe. :| Another consideration for dual tenancy would be Plainmoor of Plainmoor and Upton of Upton. :|

Maybe they could all combine and be called P.U.B.E. of TORQUAY. :devil:

What would make me :@ to the point of donning the hood and lighting a flaming cross on the hillside, would be anything called TORBAY :red: occupying the hallowed playing space called PLAINMOOR .
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"