Zebs

General chat about anything else goes here.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Zebs

Post by DavetheRave »

Bit of an odd question but how come Zebs never seems to do interviews???

Don't ever recall seeing or reading an interview with him..touch of the Scholes about him!!
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Check on the Bristol Rovers site in a day or two and I'm sure you'll find something.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

DavetheRave wrote:Bit of an odd question but how come Zebs never seems to do interviews???

Don't ever recall seeing or reading an interview with him..touch of the Scholes about him!!
It's cause he can only speak Polish! :clap: :lol: :lol:
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Zebs lets his fists.....oops I mean his boots do the talking.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Why pick on Zedders, very few of the squad do interviews. In fact, only Pickles seems to be a regular in front of the cameras.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Zebs certainly managed to be interviewed more than most when we were in the BSP. Every game we were on TV it seemed he was interviewed!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Manse has stepped up lately, Nico too. I enjoyed listening to them prior to the OT game, both good solid pros who I genuinely feel like they belong here. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned down a move if offered.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Manse has stepped up lately, Nico too. I enjoyed listening to them prior to the OT game, both good solid pros who I genuinely feel like they belong here. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned down a move if offered.
they are two class acts
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... and-vergo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Rovers fan on there seems to think it is a done deal and they've signed him, of course you always have to take BR fans with a pinch of salt but according to this one it will appear on their official site later. Very disappointed if true, although not surprised. I just hope the board have been able to hold out for the best price although I wouldn't be surprised if we have been mugged off again! Without doubt one of the most consistent and exciting players of the last few seasons, so I guess it can be expected that PB has gone in for him given that he pretty much was first on the team sheet every week. I wonder if ML has had a say, I hope some of the funds are given for replacement(s) if he has been sold.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

taunton_gull wrote:http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... and-vergo/

A Rovers fan on there seems to think it is a done deal and they've signed him, of course you always have to take BR fans with a pinch of salt but according to this one it will appear on their official site later. Very disappointed if true, although not surprised. I just hope the board have been able to hold out for the best price although I wouldn't be surprised if we have been mugged off again! Without doubt one of the most consistent and exciting players of the last few seasons, so I guess it can be expected that PB has gone in for him given that he pretty much was first on the team sheet every week. I wonder if ML has had a say, I hope some of the funds are given for replacement(s) if he has been sold.
Just found this myself and was about to post the same link. I guess they knew they were getting Buckle. Hope the poster is wrong but it has felt nailed on that Zebroski would go...if it is indeed true then let's hope the board did not give him away.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

would seem strange after what Martin Ling said about keeping the contracted players. hopefully just hot air from the Gas (?). we haven't heard from them for a few days, so it's overdue for them to come on here and remind us how wonderful they are and how all our players want to join them.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Very disappointed as it seemed Zebs was happy and settled here but I guess PB has had a lot to do with that and it means just moving a bit further up the westcountry for him. I think he's from the Swindon area anyway isn't he? A massive loss for us though.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

:lol:

Interesting description of Zebs by one of the posters on there ...

He has a brilliant turn of speed,a great first touch and can finish as good as anyone in the lower leagues.

Now, I'll give him that he's pretty quick but "a great first touch" and one of "the best finishers in this league"?

Much as I love Zebs and desperately want him to stay, one of the things that often lets him down is his first touch and he isn't a very good finisher!

His attributes would more accurately be described as quick, strong, athletic, incredibly hard working and determined and a great knack at being able to get crosses in from the by line when it seems almost impossible! True, he does weigh in with his fair share of goals but he isn't a natural finisher by any means - he tends to score more spectacular goals than ordinary tap ins. Amazing how others see him so differently!

One thing's for sure though he would be a huge miss and would create a big hole in our squad. It would also increase the pressure massively on Martin Ling as with the departures of our TWO BEST PERFORMERS (POTY nos 1 & 2)from last year - he has a heck of a lot of work to do to replace them ... and finding goalscorers at this level doesn't come easy or cheap either!!!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Im not sure if he is going if im honest. Last i heard Rovers had 2 bids turned down. 1 was laughable and the other was acceptable but doesnt want the player to leave.

So inless they have come in again with a bigger fee which was to good to turn down i cant see the truth in it?

Btw before anyones askes i have no idea what the amout was for the bids, all i know i was told by a close family friend who is on the board.
Im for one just hope this is not true as the summer would be really hard for ling to rescure.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The guy that posted this on BRFC forum has only made 13 posts so not the most reliable of sources really. I am not worried currently.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/