Branston going... NOW OFFICIAL !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jon The Templar
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Jon The Templar »

To Bradford......

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... n/?ref=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
adveho in vos crocus
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: That would be my guess too.

I would imagine he has been given a fair idea who is "in the frame" and decided he's OUT.

Really worrying news as we seem to be in the process of losing the spine of the team that took us to the Play Off Final .... Bevan, Brano, Stanley and most likely Zebs. Whichever way you look at it a pretty major rebuild job is needed and the new Manager will really need to hit the ground running. Let's hope he has a good contacts book .... 'cos he''ll need it!
.....and all this rebuilding with no budget - hard times ahead.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I assume Branston was on a hefty wage and should leave a bit. Ellis is good enough to come in I think. Echo the statements about the manager though, this deal with Bradford I assume was lined up should he not want to work with the new guy down here.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 16,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Gutted....a firm favourite.

regarding his wage...would GB really have been on one of the higher wages considering he was in and out of clubs and non-league for a while I am not so sure
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

yellowforever wrote:I assume Branston was on a hefty wage and should leave a bit. Ellis is good enough to come in I think. Echo the statements about the manager though, this deal with Bradford I assume was lined up should he not want to work with the new guy down here.
While both Ellis and Robbo, alongside Brano, seemed very good at times - whenever they have been paired together it just hasn't worked .... the only time he(Brano) was missing in the league last season was when we lost 4-3 at home to Oxford .... and the only other time we conceded 4 at home (v Bury) he was subbed at half time!

Worrying times.
Last edited by CP Gull on 13 Jun 2011, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Curse of the 'Player of the Season' award strikes again.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

So it's Forster then, and he's bringing Ingmarsson with him...

Just trying to lighten the mood.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Oh cock.... I am getting VERY fed up with all this.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Note To Myself : NEVER believe ANYTHING a footballer/manager/anyone involved in football says EVER again. they're all full of sh*t.

why can't any of them just say "they've offered me sh*t loads more money, so i'm f**kin' off". we might not like it, but at least it'd be honest.

would never question his honesty and commitment on the pitch, but this just sucks ar$e. he was going regardless, just waiting for the right offer, and used our current managerless situation as an excuse. i look forward to reading about it on our OS in November.

rant over. o:)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Fonda wrote:So it's Forster then, and he's bringing Ingmarsson with him...

Just trying to lighten the mood.
I know nothing of this Ingmarsson. Could someone give me a brief description?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not surprised in the slightest, what I was getting pi**ed off about a few weeks ago when I realised what was going on. As someone else has said, our spine has been removed and that is never an easy thing to replace even if you have a good budget.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

HRG wrote: I know nothing of this Ingmarsson. Could someone give me a brief description?
Amazing, 2 times better than Branno. :lol:
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I have really been expecting this.

It was obvious he was going and I was so resigned to it that I am almost really pleased because he has not gone to Bristol Rovers.

Just what sort of team are we going to have, especially if O'Kane or Zebroski follow Buckle.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

I have it on good understanding that the BR offer amongst others were all 1 year deals. GB was never going to renew a contract on a 1 year deal (I even think he went on record saying that) I also feel it was very unlikely TUFC would have offered him a 2 year deal so I guess he was always going to go.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!