Branston going... NOW OFFICIAL !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

tufcbrett wrote: Amazing, 2 times better than Branno. :lol:
Well, I did say brief. :)
I only ask since his name has popped up a fair bit recently on here. Seriously or not though I am not sure. Still, was curious.
Last edited by HRG on 13 Jun 2011, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Good riddance, sigh of relief from me. Watch him get torn to shreds by any forward with a bit of pace. Thank God Torquay United weren't stupid enough to offer a two year contract. Ellis will be much better for us next season than Branston would've been.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It was widely stated that Branston was going to wait to see who the new manager was before he made a decision. Does signing for Bradford mean that he was never going to sign anyway? I don't blame him for going to Bradford. They are by far the biggest club in this division.

Or does it mean that the board have appointed a right numpty as manager and Branston couldn't wait to get out of here quickly enough.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

It's probably more to do with the contract on the table (length and salary) not being competetive. If Bradford have given him 2 years, they're welcome to him. I'd have been happy if we'd given him another year, but don't think 2 would have been sensible. We'll see where he is in 12 months time - my guess is Bradford reserves.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

flipping hell...people here have short memories of how good the Pickler was for the Gulls...
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

He was brilliant for the Gulls, but will he be brilliant for the next two years or did we get the best of him?!
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Fonda wrote:It's probably more to do with the contract on the table (length and salary) not being competetive. If Bradford have given him 2 years, they're welcome to him. I'd have been happy if we'd given him another year, but don't think 2 would have been sensible. We'll see where he is in 12 months time - my guess is Bradford reserves.

Absolutely spot on Fonda.

A 2 yr deal for someone approaching 33 and already bereft of any pace?

Only desperate clubs such as Bradford were ever going to give him that.

Not one to slag the club off for.........good chance we already had his best years anyway.

Good luck to him - he did us proud and his agent must be bloody good!
....aka jmgull.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Noooo....gutted.....my avatar has to go.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

He did a fine job for us and I thank him for that. I understand that now he is nearing the end of his career he wants a bit more stability and certainty and so I wish him all the best. Except of course, as it is with all former players, when he comes up against us.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I'm not too bothered with this- as long as we replace him, stanley was of more importance in my opinion.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Perhaps change the thread title to 'branston GONE' ?
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Yellow4life wrote:Perhaps change the thread title to 'branston GONE' ?
but he hasn't gone. it's not on the OS, so it seems obvious to me, they're just waiting for him and bev to pop in any time now and sign new contracts.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I'll never forget what an immense season GB had in terms of playing his part in getting us to the playoffs, but whoever gets the job we were never going to be in a position to offer a 2 year deal at guys age - neither it seems were BR. I thank him for his hard work and wish him well for the future. Happened to meet his family in Samuel Platts prior to the playoff final who seemed a nice bunch. Slightly surprised about the timing given that he said he would wait to see who the new manager was but in the end it was an offer he couldn't refuse.

Yet another former-gull who will be facing us next season - there won't half be a few spicy games!
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

when is the news about players ever on the OS, or at least correct!

Taunton- well perhaps the players do already know who the manager will be?
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

Branston was immense for us has helped some of the younger lads too lets not forget. I wish him all the best and do not want to comment if i think he will be shit or not next season because he deserves better than that. Sure he is no great shakes as a player but he did for us all we could have expected of him and he did not let us down. Thanks Branno and best of luck.