Zebs

General chat about anything else goes here.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Agree with CP, Zebs hasn't got the greatest first touch nor is he a natural finisher. He's a very good player at this level, one of the best in our squad, but for me his ability is simply because he's strong, quick and a hard worker like you say. My thoughts about him are that he's not got the greatest footballing brain, takes a second too long thinking about what he's going to do, which is why he hasn't made the grade at a higher level because he'll be found out too easily. His dribbling technique is also very much knocking it past the player then believing that he's quicker and stronger than the guys he's beating. That said however, at this level he's a very good player, and I hope the board do everything they can to keep hold of him as in the space of a few days we'd have lost our two best performers last season which would leave Ling with an even more difficult rebuilding job.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

if there was any truth in it (at this stage) you can GUARANTEE that the merry band of rovers kn*bheads would be here now gloating (again).
Last edited by Regiment on 15 Jun 2011, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Zebs is going nowhere else IMO
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Just saw the last post on the rovers forum, 'has a great first touch'

:rofl:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

In all honestly, I dont think Zebroski will come here.

IMO Rovers are looking at better players than Zebroski.

Plus we have already bombed out our very own scumbag David Pipe who glassed somebody outside a Bristol nightclub, Nick Higgs(Our chairman) has said that he doesn't want people like that representing his football club, So signing another scumbag who thinks it's clever to shove glass in peoples faces and be an all round c*nt in general, would be very hypocritical to say the least.

It wouldn't surprise me though knowing Rovers.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You once said you didn't know much about him, I asked you once how you then formed an opinion of him and you didn't reply.

Now you say you're looking at better players? Don't kid yourself, there aren't many better at what he does in this division.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

BritishGAS wrote:In all honestly, I dont think Zebroski will come here.

IMO Rovers are looking at better players than Zebroski.

Plus we have already bombed out our very own scumbag David Pipe who glassed somebody outside a Bristol nightclub, Nick Higgs(Our chairman) has said that he doesn't want people like that representing his football club, So signing another scumbag who thinks it's clever to shove glass in peoples faces and be an all round c*nt in general, would be very hypocritical to say the least.

It wouldn't surprise me though knowing Rovers.
Just when you thought thay had gone - like a bad smell it would seem!!!

Zeb is not a bad boy. He is a decent bloke but has had a couple on unfortunate incidents from which his actions have been well over the top in retaliation to provoking.

BritishGAS - we know far better than you how good a player Zebs is and for this league he is far better than average so stop with the belittling put downs - it is not appreciated.

I also hopes he does not end up with you as it will weaken us and could only improve you lot.
Last edited by Richinns on 15 Jun 2011, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

BritishGAS wrote:

Be honest with yourself please, I dont really know much about Zebroski, but I am sure a guy like that would like to live in the bright lights of Bristol rather than in Torquay/Torbay where it is pretty misrerable until a few months in the summer, also he will earn more at Rovers. I admire your loyalty but why would you deny a player the chance not only to better himself but earn as much has he can also? Like you said he is 24 and might have a young family to support, playing for Bristol Rovers will give him better financial rewards, and also a better chance of playing at a higher level, No disrespect intended.

There you go.

Now you're an expert on Zebroski?
Dave

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
There you go.

He is doing what he has intended to do since he came on here Dave - which is poke fun at us (however much he claims his intentions are true).
TUST member 328
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It does rather appear that way, unfortunately.
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:
There you go.

Indeed.

But I have since done some research on him.

Smashing glass over a teammates head, and giving a soldier a beating outside a nightclub. Very nice.

And I have looked at his goals to game ratio, which is average at best.

Why would we want to sign somebody like that when we have already bombed out a scumbag who did the same? And we already have a player like Jo Kuffour who's record is better than Zebroski's.

What I said still stands, If he can earn more, and have a better standard of living in Bristol then obviously it would intice him, but with a very good and vibrant nightlife, and plenty of quality drinking establishments and nightclubs, somebody who seems to like cowardly attacks using glass, probably wouldn't fit well down here.

Of course he isn't a bad boy is he? :red:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

BritishGAS wrote: Indeed.

But I have since done some research on him.

Smashing glass over a teammates head, and giving a soldier a beating outside a nightclub. Very nice.

And I have looked at his goals to game ratio, which is average at best.

Why would we want to sign somebody like that when we have already bombed out a scumbag who did the same? And we already have a player like Jo Kuffour who's record is better than Zebroski's.

What I said still stands, If he can earn more, and have a better standard of living in Bristol then obviously it would intice him, but with a very good and vibrant nightlife, and plenty of quality drinking establishments and nightclubs, somebody who seems to like cowardly attacks using glass, probably wouldn't fit well down here.

Of course he isn't a bad boy is he? :red:
Scumbag??? - you need to wind your neck in.
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

You really don't have any of the facts so should keep you mouth shut on things you far from understand. Oh - and if you worried about 'morals' then you really have the wrong manager!
TUST member 328
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Well thats fine, if you don't want him, we'll keep him!

Be sure to tell that to Bucks won't you? He won't listen to you, but worth a go!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Wow, you did "some research"

LAUGHABLE !!

You might not be able to judge a good player by your "research" but we sure as hell can after watching him over the last 3 or 4 seasons. As for his transgressions, you can try taking the moral high ground but the truth is you know absolutely zilch about him as a player, which was my point before as well as now.
Dave