Mustapha Carayol

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

he actually said muzzy is "singing tomorrow". maybe there's a karaoke on in lincoln or something ? :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

I like Muzzy. Sure he's hit and miss, but the same can be said for most wingers. Robinson in another.

He struggled to make an impact in his first season, although spent most of the campaign on the bench. However, he was still a kid at 19 - the same age Macklin and Halpin are now. I think a few expected too much too soon.

He scored a cracker at the start our first season back in the Football League at Dagenham and was then shipped out to Kettering on loan in September. He came back injured and his next game for us was in February. From then on, he looked like a new signing. Ripped defenders apart and chipped in with a handful of goals (the one against Grimsby was superb). I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Will be shocked if he joins you because of his sour relationship with Buckle.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

regiment wrote:i think it's all been said already. i must've seen him play many times, but can clearly remember a couple of things he did that were fantastic, but other than those flashes, he was VERY anonymous. Frustrating, because those flashes of brilliance (great goal after coming on as sub at D&R in our first season back up, and like others have said, the final 6 games of that season) suggest he can play, but when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. i remember in the BSP, we were at woking, and he was up against a full back who looked about 85, no pace, but he got stuck into Muz, and Muz just bottled it. He was right in front of me and i said "run at him muz, i'm faster than him" and he just looked at me as if to say "i don't want to, he might hurt me". if he signs for you, will be interesting to see which Muzzy turns up, but i think it's fair to say no one really lost any sleep when he left plainmoor.
I beg to differ.

I did lose sleep when Muzzy left. It may have only been a few minutes, but I was disappointed when he left for Lincoln.

I thought that he could build on that sensational period at the end of the 2009/10 season when the boy was on fire.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

I didnt post that on Facebook, I had work when that was posted anyway's
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

He played well at Bideford in the Devon cup!
exmouthgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: zebs

Post by exmouthgull1 »

MidDevon wrote:He played well at Bideford in the Devon cup!

:clap: :lol:
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

... has signed for Bristol Rovers.

I make that their SEVENTH signing since Paul Buckle took over - pretty good going in less than three weeks!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

He's just doing what he did for us. Sign everyone early.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I am delighted with this news Buckle panicing already ? This suggest's to me Buckle missed out on his no1 target which probaly was Zebroski so has switched to second best.

desperate signing.looking at all the players he has pulled in so far i am no longer worried about Rovers now,yes they will do well,but no where near top3 in my genuine opinion.
Last edited by Dave on 17 Jun 2011, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

forevertufc wrote:I am delighted with this news Buckle panicing already ? This suggest's to me Buckle missed out on his no1 target which probaly was Zebroski so has switched to second best.

desperate singing.looking at all the players he has pulled in so far i am no longer worried about Rovers now,yes they will do well,but no where near top3 in my genuine opinion.
Agree completely forever they will have done well if they are top ten and there are certainly many teams in League 2 to be concerned about before Bristol Rovers. It is commonplace for supporters of clubs just relegated to believe that they will bounce straight back up again but it is misplaced as statistically it is not the norm for that to happen.

Just ask Stockport County! =D
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Buckle maybe ambitious but he's still signing small time players really. Carayols nowhere near good enough to consistantly play in a side intending on a promotion push.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

AlexGulls wrote:Buckle maybe ambitious but he's still signing small time players really. Carayols nowhere near good enough to consistantly play in a side intending on a promotion push.
I disagree. In a good team that's looking to involve him rather than isolate him, he's an impressive attacking outlet. Pace, tricks, when in a team high in confidence (unlike lincoln and us 80% of the season he was with us) he's pretty unstopable in this division.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

He isnt that good though. Buckle will still play like he did with us and that didnt suit Carayol till his contract was close to expiring. Like I said he isnt consistant. On his day he's very good but he doesnt have enough of them. Besisdes didnt him and Buckle fall out when he was here? Sure I heard somehwere they had...Must be wrong unless they are offering good money!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Gill, Stanley, Harrold and Carayol decent players at this level. Buckle has done some good business.

Had Rovers opted for a different manager, he might well have looked at players released from Championship and League 1 clubs. Untried at this level. Buckle has done what he did with us - signing players he knows can play at this level of the game. Carayol is better than many here are giving him credit for. If he plays regularly, he'll be an asset for them.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

CP Gull wrote:... has signed for Bristol Rovers.

I make that their SEVENTH signing since Paul Buckle took over - pretty good going in less than three weeks!
don't you mean three months ?? ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There