whos gonna be his first signing?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

If you do get Campbell he would be an excellent signing and to be honest if we are going to lose him I would prefer he went to a decent club like Torquay. Campbell gives 100% every game and unfortunately last season we didnt have many like that. I get the feeling he wil leave us as cant see Buckle playing him.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:assistant manager?

:nod: :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

My ding a-Ling- My ding - Ling

I want you (some one!) to play for My -ding -a Ling :clown:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Having read and listened to Martin Ling's interviews - (we really need something to call him, it feels too early to go with the personal 'Martin' but 'Ling' just doesn't feel right!) - it seems that he wants to play 4-4-2 with a squad containing two players for each position. And also have the players to change to a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 when necessary.

I have come up with this list, I'm not sure about the positions of Palmer and Yeoman, someone may correct me on them. I've put Zebroski on the right, I know some prefer him up front but I would like to see a proper target man there.
As I see it we need at least 8 players, more depending on how much the manager thinks he can depend on the youngsters.

GK
x
x

DR
x
x

DL
Kevin Nicholson
Lathaniel Rowe-Turner

DC
Chris Robertson
Mark Ellis
Ed Palmer
x

MR
Chris Zebroski
Lloyd Macklin

ML
Saul Halpin
x

MC
Lee Mansell
Eunan O'Kane
Damon Lathrope
x

ST
Billy Kee
Ashley Yeoman
Ray Spear
x

This is quite exciting really, always fun welcoming new players :scarf:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Where have all our players gone?!! HA HA. Looking at that list i think Mr Ling should get using his contacts, and pretty sharpish because when most of our confirmed squad is down in black and white in fornt of you, it looks quite worrying.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Are Palmer, Yeoman and Spear ready/good enough for first team football? Apart from Yeoman's brief 30 mins against Oxford about 3 years ago now, they don't have any first team experience at all.

Also, I thought Palmer and Yeoman had 6 months deals that are running out now?

The squad's looking very thin, but in Ellis, Robertson, Nicholson, Mansell, O'Kane, Zebroski and Kee we have 7 very capable players, so there's something to build on. 8 new players is a minimum really, and they all need to be ready to go straight into challenging for a place.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Gulliball wrote:Are Palmer, Yeoman and Spear ready/good enough for first team football? Apart from Yeoman's brief 30 mins against Oxford about 3 years ago now, they don't have any first team experience at all.

Also, I thought Palmer and Yeoman had 6 months deals that are running out now?

The squad's looking very thin, but in Ellis, Robertson, Nicholson, Mansell, O'Kane, Zebroski and Kee we have 7 very capable players, so there's something to build on. 8 new players is a minimum really, and they all need to be ready to go straight into challenging for a place.
I wasn't sure about the kids but without them that list was just too scary!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I do hope the board brings in a number 2 in soon because we need to start signing some players!! The pre season friendlies are only a month away and now the fixtures are out it seems that the start of the season is closer than ever! But one thing we need to do is try and believe in Ling and have a little more patience.
Last edited by Colorado Gull on 18 Jun 2011, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

The thing is there isn't going to be much competition for places as at least 4 or 5 of the new boys will probably go straight into the first 11 meaning we need to sign a good few more than that number to keep things competetive on the bench. That worries me. We don't want a bench just with the likes of Palmer, Yeoman and Halpin on there ( promising youngsters though they are).
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

The thing is there isn't going to be much competition for places as at least 4 or 5 of the new boys will probably go straight into the first 11 meaning we need to sign a good few more than that number to keep things competetive on the bench. That worries me. We don't want a bench just with the likes of Palmer, Yeoman and Halpin on there ( promising youngsters though they are).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Ling is the Anti-Buckle :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Southampton Gull wrote:Ling is the Anti-Buckle :)
As along as he is not Buckle's anti ,we will just be fine :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:I do hope the board brings in a number 2 in soon because we need to start signing some players!! The pre season friendlies are only a month away and now the fixtures are out it seems that the start of the season is closer than ever!
Well, essentially it is... ;-)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

naturally there are a lot of TUFC fans (myself included) getting a bit anxious about the lack of players coming into the club. we all know buckle has signed 7/8 players already, but lets be honest, he's been compiling his shopping list since January, and having been in the 2nd Division for the past two years, has been in a good position to see who's about, and potentially players he would've liked at torquay.

so to question why Ling hasn't signed anyone yet, compared to "buckle's 8 signings in 2 weeks", is not really a fair comparison.

i'm sure the club appreciate that we need to bring people in, but it's got to be the right people, so no need to panic buy/sign. there are a LOT of players available.

don't get me wrong, i'm feeling impatient, and am eagerly anticipating new signings, and expect things to start happening, many players are still on holiday, but i'm confident Ling is on the ball, so lets just remain patient for a bit longer !

exciting times ahead, i'm sure.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Great post regiment. I for one am feeling impatient and anxious, but I'm with you we all need to be a little more patient and believe in Ling!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.