Mustapha Carayol

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Signing on fee?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

How much of a sell on fee are we due out of this?
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Confirmed on Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 52,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the sell on fee, I very much doubt Buckle paid much for him.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I would imagine it'll be around the 20k mark. Not sure what our sell on percentage was but I would imagine the 25k which was originally touted would include 5k going to us, meaning they don't lose any money on the deal.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Given that Carayol made it clear in interviews that he didn't like Buckle, I can only imagine that he was a bit desperate. Still, bit of an odd signing for Buckle: Carayol rarely showed any flashes of brilliance, and only seems to turn it on when it suits him. Good luck with him, Bristol. To be fair, the guy can perform some bloody good moves when he can be arsed, but he's pretty anonymous 99% of the time.
TUST member 203
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Quite funny how the Rovers fans were dancing and singing over this signing on their forum then by about the 3rd page, word reaches them that he's not that great and he had a history of injuries. Now they've found out that Muzzy and Buckle fell out.

The'yre not so happy now.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

We are all happy mate I think you should concentrate on your own troubles than worry about whats happening at our club or is it because nothing is happening at your club.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

gasman wrote:We are all happy mate I think you should concentrate on your own troubles than worry about whats happening at our club or is it because nothing is happening at your club.
Concentrating on your own troubles normally means being on your own forum so I think you are confused. I can't think of any 'troubles', new manager far more experienced than our last one and with an extensive range of contacts, new grandstand underway, the basis of a decent squad which just needs a bit of tweaking, a new 'run out' tune, I only have to think back 4 years to the desparate situation we were in then to realise these are indeed happy times and the future is most certainly yellow! =D
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

stefano wrote: Concentrating on your own troubles normally means being on your own forum so I think you are confused. I can't think of any 'troubles', new manager far more experienced than our last one and with an extensive range of contacts, new grandstand underway, the basis of a decent squad which just needs a bit of tweaking, a new 'run out' tune, I only have to think back 4 years to the desparate situation we were in then to realise these are indeed happy times and the future is most certainly yellow! =D
Glad to hear it seems to be so much doom and gloom in football these days its suppose to be enjoyable anyway I hope you have a good season and will be looking forward to the away trip to torquay all ways a good day out down there whatever the time of year.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Have to say that this move by Buckle has quite shocked me probably more than anything he's previously done to suprise me.

He wouldn't play an obvious talent due to a difference of opnion, or what ever whilst he was here. He then later signs that same player during his early days in a new job knowing the same thing could happen. Given his emphasis on "I'm the manager don't forget it" attitude I'm suprised he's done this.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yellowforever wrote:Confirmed on Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 52,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the sell on fee, I very much doubt Buckle paid much for him.

You've got to hand it to PB for his unashamed cheek : "I rather reluctantly sold him to Lincoln when I was at Torquay, but it will be fantastic to link up with him again."

And there's me thinking Muzzy was out of contract and the fee from Lincoln was settled by tribunal.

PB's time at TUFC and the success he brought to the club I've already acknowledged. The way he's massaged and manoeuvred his ego for his own ambitious (sefish) ends is however another matter. The little liar will come unstuck sooner rather than later. When it does it will be one almighty slap and one he should have had when he was a teenager.

If cheek isn't checked and remedied it forms into cockiness. If cockiness isn't checked and remedied it forms into arrogance. Believe me when I say that busting an arrogant b'stard down to respectful humility is not an easy task.

What happens at Bristol Rovers now is the concern of Rovers fans.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

When you are young and fall out with a boss at work you can make rash decisions.It could well be that Mustapha did fall out with Buckle but has had time to think about it. Perhaps at the time if Buckle was not playing him regularily he was unhappy,perhaps he realises that Buckle was right at the time. Perhaps Buckle didnt want to lose him. Whatever he is now two years older ,has probably learnt a lot in that short time and maybe will provwe to be an excellent signing.We must give him every chance as a wi8nger is never going to be in the game all the time and can be the most frustrating players. By the way,you played Shrewsbury many times last season.What did yopu think of Mark Wright? Was he any good? He was bloody awful for us!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It is perhaps the oddest signing that you are likely to get. Like most other lower division signings Carayol is inconsistent. However on his day Carayol is brilliant. Most fans could never understand why Buckle froze him out during most of his time here. He hardly ever played, went on loan to Kettering and looked for all the world like he would never get another game.
Towards the end of the season before last we looked to be going down - Buckle was absolutely clueless. Without any reason Buckle then bought Carayol back into the team along with Nicholson (another player Buckle froze out for six months).
Both players played out of their skin. Noone could cope with Carayol at all - he appeared to have morphed into George Best.
Buckle then offered him a contract at the end of the season but given that they did not get on at all its no wonder Carayol went elsewhere.
I would completely ignore his form last year - he was in a struggling side. I would have him back here like a shot.
He is a risk signing but probably well worth the risk - if he plays to his form he will be the best winger in the division.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

With Bristol Rovers having lengthy away trips such as Accrington, Southend, Gillingham & Hereford during cold winter months, you can almost count on Carayol having a mysterious illness around then.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

friendlygas wrote:When you are young and fall out with a boss at work you can make rash decisions.It could well be that Mustapha did fall out with Buckle but has had time to think about it. Perhaps at the time if Buckle was not playing him regularily he was unhappy,perhaps he realises that Buckle was right at the time. Perhaps Buckle didnt want to lose him. Whatever he is now two years older ,has probably learnt a lot in that short time and maybe will provwe to be an excellent signing.We must give him every chance as a wi8nger is never going to be in the game all the time and can be the most frustrating players. By the way,you played Shrewsbury many times last season.What did yopu think of Mark Wright? Was he any good? He was bloody awful for us!!
I can see why you'd ask a Shrews related question on here, but sadly, this is the worst place in all the world, because you'll only get one answer. We beat the living crap out of Shrewsbury every single time we played them last year. In the 360 minutes between us, they scored 1 and conceded 8, they had, maybe, 5 shots on target and looked totally and utterly hopeless. Not cannon fodder in the manner or Barnet or Stockport or Lincoln (Carayol :rofl: ), just totally devoid of ideas as to how to beat us. Not a single player stood out, except their new guy Nicky Wroe, who was even more anonymous for them than he had been for us for the last 18 months.

As for Muzzy, he's good for one 45 yard screamer/season (Dag 'n' Red, first away game of the season two years ago, finished something like 5-3 to them. They scored with every shot they had and as crazy as it may sound, we should have got a draw. From memory it was Carayol who missed a sitter to make it 5-4 having already scored the aforementioned 45 yard dipping drive which was clear of the best goal I have ever seen. He's still shit though.)

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"