whos gonna be his first signing?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Miss Golly Gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by Miss Golly Gull »

Assistant Manager should be his first signing... ^.^
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Miss Golly Girl wrote:Assistant Manager should be his first signing... ^.^

welcome to the site!

i know you are new.................

but do keep up (see page1) =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Anyone with two legs who can play football!! Excluding Danny Stevens obviously.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I just hope that Martin Ling came to the club with a list of players in his head the way Buckle did and has done for Bristol Rovers.

I would hate to think that Ling is thinking 'right we need some players, let's see who we can get in' and then we end up with Bateson-style trails in July and just build a team from who turns up.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Buckle has literally inherited a situation of having no squad at all again. So whilst we definitely need work they need it more and Bucks has been there a couple of extra weeks. Last week was going to be Ling settling in, sorting out his accomodation and all that sort of stuff. I expect to see us starting to make moves both in naming a new assistant and new players towards the end of the coming week.
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

Gary Twigg - a good target man if you're looking for one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Twigg#Shamrock_Rovers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

ROI2Gull wrote:Gary Twigg - a good target man if you're looking for one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Twigg#Shamrock_Rovers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like he's been about a bit, but scored too. He's likely to demand a fee isn't he?
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

If it is the same Gary Twigg who played on loan for us a few years ago then I would be very surprised if he is a targetman. I believe he was either a full back or a winger for us and came to us on lo0an from I bel;ieve Derby. He was a tidy player for us and most wanted to sign him. May not be the same player and I really cant say how many years ago it was !
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I seem to recall he scored his one and only Rovers goal against us, 2003-4 in a 2-2 draw at the Memorial Stadium?

EDIT - No scratch that, he never scored for Rovers! Oops! Turns out it was Sonny Parker who scored the goal I was thinking of. Twigg did play in that game though
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

The very same Gary Twigg. Sounds like he was played out of position friendlygas. The legend that is Michael O'Neill (current Shamrock Rovers Manger) brought him with him from Brechin City. Good on the deck and decent head. The Shams are going to win the League of Ireland again this season and alot of this is down to the talents of Twigg. Would be gutted if he ever left us but would be delighted if he went to Torquay.

Reckon He would cost in the region of £80K but you might be able to get him on loan during the League of Ireland off season.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

ROI2Gull wrote:The very same Gary Twigg. Sounds like he was played out of position friendlygas. The legend that is Michael O'Neill (current Shamrock Rovers Manger) brought him with him from Brechin City. Good on the deck and decent head. The Shams are going to win the League of Ireland again this season and alot of this is down to the talents of Twigg. Would be gutted if he ever left us but would be delighted if he went to Torquay.

Reckon He would cost in the region of £80K but you might be able to get him on loan during the League of Ireland off season.
Really don't think we'll be breaking our transfer record in the current state of affairs.
passatgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: mark ellis

Post by passatgull »

wanted

two goalkeepers
right back -getting mans back in midfield
centre half
centre midfield-creative would be nice
two out and out wingers left and right
no offence to billy but hes not a winger
striker-target man maybe
and an out and out goal scorer

total =eight
for a new manager coming in;small budget or not this is a major problem but hopefully he has a plan
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Just seen Martin Ling at Tesco in Clevedon, so there could be some Bristol based players on the way.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

they selling them in supermarkets now then?? whatever next. i think he needs to look at BOGOF offers as the clock to 2011/12 is ticking !
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

monkeyboy wrote:Just seen Martin Ling at Tesco in Clevedon, so there could be some Bristol based players on the way.
Would hope he would be too busy to go shopping!

Are you sure it was him or not someone that looks like him???????
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/