A statement to send shivers down your spine?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

A statement to send shivers down your spine?

Post by Richinns »

Martin Ling from the Herald today:

"If everything is in place by the start of the season, it would be better, but I'm prepared to wait a little longer if it means we get the right people."

Cannot believe having a settled squad before the big kick-off could possibly be an option. He seems not to have a plan in place and players identified - almost like he was not expecting to get the job. :-/

Full story here
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/LING- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems we are trying for an assistant and a player coach.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Hopefully he's just trying to allay any fears about panic buys/signings, which is a good thing, but you would hope that wheels are in motion on the more pressing issues, so that the backroom staff and major signings are well and truly in place before the season starts. he's then got til the end of august to make any final additions/adjustments. at least i hope that's the case !!

still not panicking just yet ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

That'll be in terms of certain loan players. No side at our level shuts for transfer business on the opening day of the season with their squad 100% finished for the year. We'll wheel and deal all season, it's a non story.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Richinns wrote:Martin Ling from the Herald today:

"If everything is in place by the start of the season, it would be better, but I'm prepared to wait a little longer if it means we get the right people."

Cannot believe having a settled squad before the big kick-off could possibly be an option. He seems not to have a plan in place and players identified - almost like he was not expecting to get the job. :-/

Full story here
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/LING- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems we are trying for an assistant and a player coach.
Im pretty sure he will have most of his players in by then, i doubt any manager/club will have finished all there signings by the first game of the season. We can all remember some decent transfer deadline days, even if they didnt involve TUFC.
No need to read to much into this as every manager will look to buy more people after the first games, as they will see what else they may need to add after playing a few competitive matches.

Ling will have brang in enough players by then to have a good side to play burton. He may wait a little longer and couple more players but thats football for you. :keepie:
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Not really. It is good to know that he won t be panicked into the wrong decisions (Danny Stevens excepted).

Although it might just be code for this ain t going to be easy on this budget and I m trying to manage your expectations.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

Really needs his assistant in place as of yesterday. More hands light work !!

It's understandable that He's looking at potential targets but to mention a nucleus of 40 does send a shiver down your spine - should have kept that on the QT if it is the case.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Quality takes time to assemble. I'd rather the right player came to us on 31st August, rather than 3 wrong players join us today.

It's refreshing to get the honesty of the guy telling us he has 10 targets and will probably get number 3 or 4.

Anyone who genuinly thinks he's not trying to get players in, and doesn't have any targets, knows less about football than Steve McLarens umbrella.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

He certainly likes having his "fingers in pies" doesn't he!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

CP Gull wrote:He certainly likes having his "fingers in pies" doesn't he!
Maybe he is an American Pie fan.... :scarf:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com