FAO forevertufc

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

FAO forevertufc

Post by Gashead1979 »

Big fail with that post on our alternative forum.....

http://z15.invisionfree.com/bristolrove ... opic=17525
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Rubbish, we need to be logged in!

What did he say?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gashead1979 wrote:Big fail with that post on our alternative forum.....

http://z15.invisionfree.com/bristolrove ... opic=17525
Can't read this without registering. What does it say?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Not a lot of point in posting up a link that nobody can read without registering but knowing 'forever' he would have hit the nail firmly on the head which probably somebody took exception to. Oh well .... let's move on .... Burton first game I'd rather think about them ;-)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Essentially, forever made quite a large post showing some home truths about Buckle, the signings who were Torquay players last season (contracted or on loan) and the BR fans who have come onto this forum. The BR fans, understandably, will want to make their judgements as time goes on.

forever has mentioned about the constant stream of "you're a small club" type comments and the BR fans are now making judgements on him with seemingly no idea of the conversations on here.
Luke.

Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Sorry didnt know you couldnt view as a guest.

He said:

"Sorry this might not seem relevant now,had to wait however for permission to post,i still have not got permission to post on your other forum ,this post has been inspired by the large number of gasheads visiting our site,i have tried to be as honest as i can.

Seen a lot written on our forum by gas heads about Buckle /gulls fans et all, first of all us gulls fans are not acting all precious over this, nor are we trying to play the victims role in this, yep we do get annoyed when we get this “sorry but you are a small club” chucked at us, this might amaze you, we know, we worked it out all on our own.

Will the penny ever drop with those gas heads who keep coming over to our board giving it the “Paul Buckle s barmy army” ,we really are truly not bothered he left us for your club, he was never roundly popular with sections of Torquay supporters, some are even happy despite all that he has gone.

An insight into Buckle, he will constantly play, players out of position, if this has a negative effect on a player and your team, this will not worry Buckle, he will not change it for at least 10 games or more, he will never at any point admit he got it wrong,he will fall out with some of these players who will leave whether they want or not.

Buckle has no problem taking the glory when things are going right, and to be honest I have no problem with that, however will never at any point take responsibility when things are not going so well, he will point to every reason under the sun why its not his fault.

Buckle will never drop or substitute his favourite players no matter how tired or out of form they are, and do not expect any honesty if your team has an off day, he will go on about how unlucky you were not score despite not having shot on target, and blame the ground staff for not watering the pitch enough.

On to some of his signings, trust me there has been no sour grapes, or jealousy here, and to prove this you will find that all Torquay fans will agree Craig Stanley represents a very good signing, he is not a creative player do not expect him to play a spectacular pass, he will add a engine room to your midfield, he will drive forward, and track back and never stop running.

That s the good news, Bevan and Carayol just bizarre these signings, Bevan, Buckle was so worried about his form and confidence he dropped him for 6 games and tried to bring in Paul Jones on loan, who went to Peterborough, I challenge Buckle, .North, or any one else to come out and say this is not true, believe you me it is, no sour grapes.

Carayol, Fall outs have nothing to do with this, however Carayol again no sour grapes is injury prone, he signed for Torquay in 2008 and had an injury lay off, he came back whether he was short of confidence I don t know, however was truly awful, to the point Buckle packed him of on loan to Kettering, 5 games in he got injured again and came back, Buckle did not bring him back into the first team until forced by an injury to Wayne Carlisle. Carayol then went to Lincoln were he did miss 15 games through injury last season, to get the best out of him, your club will need to keep him fit, and above all massage his confidence, you may well find your club has chucked 25k down the drain with this lad.

Hopefully this has straightened out a few things ,and your fellow fans will longer feel the need to come along to our board, informing us of your delight at asset stripping our tiny little club."
Last edited by Gashead1979 on 24 Jun 2011, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

How long does it take for the mods to let me post?!
Luke.

Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Some replies:

"So these large number of Gasheads you mention must actually be one... possibly two? Either way they are best ignored.

So there's no need to come onto this forum (where I guarantee you will not find one of the aforementioned wind-up merchants) and tell us that we should no "longer feel the need to come along to our board, informing us of your delight at asset stripping our tiny little club."

As for the rest of your post, I guess we'll find out soon enough "

"Let's just Buckle on his merits here not a previous club who only look for the bad. Despite so many short comings (according to Gulls fans), he was still there must successful manager in history if you base that on win %.

You don't count as credible when you come on here and not even point out 1 good point. "

"Younger fans ribbing other fans, shock.

Fans with sour grapes, shock.

Departing manager not as good at former club as new fans would like to think, shock.

zzzzzzzzzzzz, shock.

As for strange subs, players out of position, picking favourites regardless, taking the glory but not the responsibility. Seen that so many times with so many other managers, what's new?

Take the chip off your shoulder and you might enjoy this forum"

"Quite frankly some of the comments on the Torquay forum are embarassing. Some of the worst sour grapes i've ever seen.

I've got to say a lot of the negativity has been about his big headed personality, and how he bombed out certain players after he so called "fell out with them". Absolute crap. The people posting that nonsense have not got a clue what goes on inside the dressing room. Not a clue. Diddly squat. All speculation. Could it now be that he got rid of players like Timothy Sills because he was crap? Oh i think so. Afterall Torquay fans would be really surprised if Mustapha Carayol ended up joining us after he "fell out" with Buckle. Oh look, Carayol is our player. How strange.

I've got to say all this bitterness has made me want to stuff them even more when we play them at the mem. And to add a bit of extra spice they've gone and appointed that sh*thead scum Shaun Taylor as assistant manager.

It is only fair to judge Buckle on what he does here, nothing more nothing less."

"Couldn't have put it better...

F**k off, you're a nobody team. Nobody cares about you. You've got sh*t support. We're taking about as many to Wimbledon as you took to Old Trafford for your playoff final. And gutted, we took Buckle. Now you're doomed. Martin Ling haha.

... Oops, maybe I just did"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

so it would appear that some gasheads have taken issue with a gulls fan posting on their forum, the very thing we're being accused of on here ??

bloody hell, it's like listening to my teenage daughter and her friends squabbling - i come on here to get away from that sh*t !! ha ha. :lol:

there will always be those who don't care for the opinions of others, particularly football related, when on "opposing teams", so i do wonder if an open forum is the place for them. perhaps standing in front of the mirror is a better option.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

regiment wrote:so it would appear that some gasheads have taken issue with a gulls fan posting on their forum, the very thing we're being accused of on here ??bloody hell, it's like listening to my teenage daughter and her friends squabbling - i come on here to get away from that sh*t !! ha ha. :lol:

there will always be those who don't care for the opinions of others, particularly football related, when on "opposing teams", so i do wonder if an open forum is the place for them. perhaps standing in front of the mirror is a better option.

It not that, it came across as a kid telling another lads parent to tell their kids off.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can't see what their problem is, forever is as honest as they come and gave his views on our previous manager.

I did find it funny reading some of those responses though, pot kettle black anyone?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

regiment wrote:so it would appear that some gasheads have taken issue with a gulls fan posting on their forum, the very thing we're being accused of on here ??

bloody hell, it's like listening to my teenage daughter and her friends squabbling - i come on here to get away from that sh*t !! ha ha. :lol:

No Gashead has taken issue with Forever's post whatsoever.

If he would of posted that on our other forum, then he would have got some pelters because that is full of kids loving the wind up.

I was the one who gave him the link to post on that forum, but what he wrote is garbage really and got the responses it deserved, All tongue firmly in cheek. He was made welcome and is welcome to come back whenever he likes.

It just sounded like sour grapes. We dont think Paul Buckle is the messiah, he is a lower league football manager, all the mistakes he listed that Paul Buckle made, are what lower league managers in general make, Ian Holloway made the very same mistakes you claim Paul Buckle made, yet he has learnt from them and became a Premier League manager.

All the responses bar 1 or 2 were very complimentary about Torquay United, no Gashead had anything bad to say about your club, A big difference to what you have had to say about us.

That forum is fantastic for debate.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The funniest thing is the fact they have come on here to whinge about him posting on their forum!

The guy has made over 70 posts and forever has made 1!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

BG, to be fair, Gashead1979 has copied over some of the replies so it kind of conflicts with your assessment somewhat.

Like I said previously, Dave (forevetufc) is as honest as they come, I agree with most of what he says, some of the comments relayed by Gashead1979 show a different story to the oe yuou would have us believe.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

BritishGAS wrote:
No Gashead has taken issue with Forever's post whatsoever.

If he would of posted that on our other forum, then he would have got some pelters because that is full of kids loving the wind up.

I was the one who gave him the link to post on that forum, but what he wrote is garbage really and got the responses it deserved
And how do you know that what Dave wrote is garbage, exactly?

We've had 4 years of experience with PB; you've had 4 weeks.

As has been said by other Gulls on here, what Dave has said is true, and I hope you all find the home truths about Buckle sooner rather than later.