FAO forevertufc

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

QUOTE "I've got to say a lot of the negativity has been about his big headed personality, and how he bombed out certain players after he so called "fell out with them". Absolute crap. The people posting that nonsense have not got a clue what goes on inside the dressing room. Not a clue. Diddly squat. All speculation QUOTE"

Love that one lol I know it doesn't apply necessarily to Caryol but how many TQY supporters did he tell he couldn't stand Buckle lol, seem to remember him doing once after scoring!. Not that you'd expect Gas Heads to believe that now but it was widely reported on tinternet his reasons for signing for Lincoln.

I too have nothing against Rovers in fact pre Buckle I probably had a bit of a soft spot for them. But now you just want him to fall flat on his face, trouble is the innocents like always suffer.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

It took Buckle three years at Torquay before we saw the exciting football that the Rovers fans are after!! :lol:

Also, am I right in thinking that Brizzle share with the egg chasers? Considering how much he likes to comment on the state of pitch, the special one won't like that!! >:(
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

SteveDeckchair wrote:It took Buckle three years at Torquay before we saw the exciting football that the Rovers fans are after!! :lol:

Also, am I right in thinking that Brizzle share with the egg chasers? Considering how much he likes to comment on the state of pitch, the special one won't like that!! >:(

Well i'd imagine Buckle has more in the way of transfer fees and wages to throw at players than he did at Torquay. Only so far you can go on free transfers on a lowish wage??

Our pitch was better last year than recent years, still get a lot of games called off waterlogged though.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Well i'd imagine Buckle has more in the way of transfer fees and wages to throw at players than he did at Torquay. Only so far you can go on free transfers on a lowish wage??

Our pitch was better last year than recent years, still get a lot of games called off waterlogged though.

No wonder Buckle joined you - loves flooding water on the pitch!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Richinns wrote:
No wonder Buckle joined you - loves flooding water on the pitch!

Well there is a natural spring at one end of the ground which caused us no end of problems in bad weather but that has been sorted recently.

Hopefully the new stadium will have nice desso grass and the days of cabbage fields will be well behind us, well apart from the cabbages playing (quite a lot last season) !!
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

To be honest are pitch has been in fantastic condition for the whole season for the last couple of years now so I don't think buckle will have a problem with that. I can remember coming to your place for a pre season friendly I think it was 2 years ago and the pitch was yellow and looked dreadful think there was a row or something with the groundstaff or thay had been sacked.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, a pre-season friendly (held in high summer), at a club with no groundsman, and you're surprised the pitch didn't resemble the 18th green at St Andrews?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

ferrarilover wrote:So, a pre-season friendly (held in high summer), at a club with no groundsman, and you're surprised the pitch didn't resemble the 18th green at St Andrews?

Matt.
No there's nothing you can do if you got no groundsman I was just making conversation thats all :'(
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok, just wondered.

On your earlier subject, while you're winning, kudos to the ground staff who have done a wonderful job. If you lose, the pitch wasn't fantastic. You'll be getting used to that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

ferrarilover wrote:Ok, just wondered.

On your earlier subject, while you're winning, kudos to the ground staff who have done a wonderful job. If you lose, the pitch wasn't fantastic. You'll be getting used to that.

Matt.
Oh well I suppose it will be better than trollope's excuse which was " we were the better team we were just lacking in the final third" which he said after every match we lost which was quite alot. =D
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

gasman wrote: Oh well I suppose it will be better than trollope's excuse which was " we were the better team we were just lacking in the final third" which he said after every match we lost which was quite alot. =D
Lmao. What do you expect from Buckle.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

bc-gull wrote: Lmao. What do you expect from Buckle.

Not to lose many :bow:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

None so blind as those that won't see ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

I'm suprised you lot put up with Buckle as long as you did, I mean if it wasnt for his two promotions and a play off final i'm sure you'd have called for his head I really do....
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gashead1979 wrote:I'm suprised you lot put up with Buckle as long as you did, I mean if it wasnt for his two promotions and a play off final i'm sure you'd have called for his head I really do....
Two promotions????

I must have missed one!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/