chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well if teeboo does not give us the name,he can not claim the scoop. :-/
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

CP Gull wrote:Steve Kabba?

Played for Sheffield Utd for large part of his career, but with Barnet in L2 last year.
Sheff.u were not league 1,although Kabba has played for a number of league 1 clubs.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Fonda wrote:Personally not fussed how comfortable Ling is in front of the cameras. Buckle was comfortable, but seemingly nothing he said could be trusted. I d rather have a man struggling to find the right words, but acting with some integrity. Paul Scholes didn t like being interviewed, didn t stop him doing his day job rather well.
100% agree with this.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Mcphees a central midfielder - This is a joke signing. Can't believe it.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Andy Parkinson? He certainly has very short hair, is quick, has played in the north and at League One level. Hope it's not him, and I suspect Accrington released him because he is well past his best rather than their inability to afford him.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Looking at the excellent work Brett has done compiling all the ins and outs, then Ian Thomas-Moore is the one who fits the bill the most but I would be amazed if it was him, although he is getting on, so perhaps it is not that wild a signing. Would be happy with that signing if it is him.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You must be a BR fan brucie, either that or your life is just not worth living.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

well teebo u certainly got me thinkin the only one i can think of is Wade Small released by aldershot and used to play for sheff wed. Small by name small by nature am i right????
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

cambgull wrote:You must be a BR fan brucie, either that or your life is just not worth living.
Pretty certain it's just tradition, i can not remember a single signing Torquay have made that has had anything other than the brucie seal of disapproval.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

teeboo100 wrote:i understand that what ive posted will be frowned apon however it is correct or i stand to be shot down in flames the right back is daniel leadbitter i also have 2 more that will sign but i will wait until they are confirmed to me or on os site

join the club mate! :@ =D

and welcome to the forum. :clap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:Not surprised like i said, he wanted a move back to the south west. We are the only realistic option. 18 goals from 43 games last season. Used at right back, centre half, wide midfield and through the middle. I actually think this is a decent signing. Welcome back Chris, lets hope it's better 2nd time round.

whats he like in goal??? 8/ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

better than you by all accounts!!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Real interesting developments today.

When I first heard that McPhee was back, my first reaction was probably similar to what most of ours was - one of disappointment. Unfortunately McPhee will always be one of the people closely associated with that shameful season - the striker who could only score 1 goal (and even that was against Leatherhead!).

Its also a risky signing by Ling. Lets be honest, if we get off to a poor start its going to be easy for the fans to turn on McPhee - or on the other hand take a while to warm too him. You'd have thought it would be easier to get in a marquee signing, or a respected old boy like Alex Russell to get the crowd on side.

But then consider the other side of the argument. If someone had come on here and said we were getting an 18-goal a season attacking midfielder/forward from the BSP, we'd be pretty enthused. If I remember correctly the only player we ever had who scored more than 18 in the BSP was Sills (am I right in thinking Zebroski/Benyon topped out at 15ish?), so we know how difficult a league it can be. He's been decorated in the National Game XI as well, which surprisingly few of our players did IMO.

Having seen a number of McPhee's appearances in the BSP against us, I'm well aware that he's certainly no mug and can perform in a variety of positions. I also would wager that he's not costing us the earth - certainly not a relocation fee! The amount of travelling he's had to do over the years has probably allowed us to negociate favourably.

FWIW I think he comes across well in his interview (mainly that he acknowledges that his first spell wasn't the best), and I really hope this time it works out.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Excellent post Jeff, pretty much sums my feelings up.

Just putting the first spell down to right place utterly wrong time + him being a bit naieve as a footballer. His record since speaks for itself. For me it's just worth a go. He ticks the boxes, already settled in the area, really versatile player, good age, free transfer on the back of an excellent season.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:better than you by all accounts!!

f**k off! :@ =D

TUST Member 468