chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Too McPheeasy.
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

I always thought Chris McPhee was a better player than he was given the opportunity to show in our poor team at the time.

So I am glad to see him back and hope he will step up to the plate and prove it for us!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

royalgull wrote:Too McPheeasy.
thats a shocker. :no: :slap:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Not a signing that excites me to be honest, but he must've improved since he was last here and it sounds like Ling has faith in him, maybe that's what he needs. I'll give a chance.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just for the record, if teeboo tells you anything you can take his word for it, he's a perfectly reputable guy ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are all in denial. One of the WORST players ever to wear the tufc shirt. Mansell was here in that season but he did not morph into a bad player overnight.
Mcphee is a terrible footballer. Sorry but thats the truth. Its nothing personal but the likes of Mcphee,Maclin,Rowe-Turner,Stevens - it has the look of relegation written all over it.
Great if Mcphee proves me wrong - but he won't - he is awful. Sorry but there it is.
Nonsense about being a Bristol Rovers fan won't alter a reality check. i hate Buckle but he has signed decent pleyers.
I havn't seen the other player obviously but hasn't he been out with a back injury for a year and has not played for anybody.
Are these two signings seriously going to improve the quality of the squad? - its bloody doubtful I'd say.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote:You are all in denial. One of the WORST players ever to wear the tufc shirt. Mansell was here in that season but he did not morph into a bad player overnight.
Mcphee is a terrible footballer. Sorry but thats the truth. Its nothing personal but the likes of Mcphee,Maclin,Rowe-Turner,Stevens - it has the look of relegation written all over it.
Great if Mcphee proves me wrong - but he won't - he is awful. Sorry but there it is.
Nonsense about being a Bristol Rovers fan won't alter a reality check. i hate Buckle but he has signed decent pleyers.
I havn't seen the other player obviously but hasn't he been out with a back injury for a year and has not played for anybody.
Are these two signings seriously going to improve the quality of the squad? - its bloody doubtful I'd say.
Gosh, a negative post from brucie. Would you believe it?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
shepchenko10
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by shepchenko10 »

teebo can u at least tel us if this potential signing wud be a gud signing or not
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Buckle has signed 'decent' players because he has a decent budget - just as he had when he was here. Comparing his signings to ours is pointless - we don't have the money/appeal that they do. McPhee comes across well in that interview. He didn't show much in his last time here, but there were circumstances which made it difficult for him. And he's unquestionably become a better player since he was here before - everytime we've faced him since he's been the best player on the pitch. Let's at least give him a chance to prove he's a better player then he showed previously. I'm personally more disappointed we're keeping Danny Stevens than signing Chris McPhee.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Chris McFree has my full support. :clap:

The same support is not offered to fanny Stevens, as I know the hallmarks of a player who "hides" not only from his team-mates but also from the crowd when the stick gets dished out.

Fanny Stevens has more liabilities than his diminutive stature. Starting the hobbit against the likes of Crawley will be like starting a game with one short. Pun definitely intended.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Fonda wrote:Buckle has signed 'decent' players because he has a decent budget - just as he had when he was here. Comparing his signings to ours is pointless - we don't have the money/appeal that they do. McPhee comes across well in that interview. He didn't show much in his last time here, but there were circumstances which made it difficult for him. And he's unquestionably become a better player since he was here before - everytime we've faced him since he's been the best player on the pitch. Let's at least give him a chance to prove he's a better player then he showed previously. I'm personally more disappointed we're keeping Danny Stevens than signing Chris McPhee.

I agree Fonda :~D

The past is the past and we need to see how he does before we start having a go at him. I personally was not a McPhee fan. Actually I thought he was useless one of the worst I saw in a TUFC shirt if I'm honest. But 6 years has gone, he was 23 I think when he was here last. He's spent a good few years in non league, done pretty well there. Maybe it's now his time at aged 28 to start his football league career properly. I do hope he does well and has a better time than he did before.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair to Brucie on this occasion, he's no more "underwhelmed" than most of you who are basing your reaction on his previous stint here. To me that is totally out of context and he's shown a number of times against us he's a far better player than the one we saw here. I'm happy to sign ANY midfielder who can score the number of goals he did last season.
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:You are all in denial. One of the WORST players ever to wear the tufc shirt. Mansell was here in that season but he did not morph into a bad player overnight.
3/4 of these players were here last season, when we came so desperately close to relegat..... Oh wait, that's not right, is it?

Nothing quite like offering a well reasoned argument, is there?

He scored 18 goals in a pretty bad BSP team last year, and he's not even a proper striker. Zebroski got half that number in a team which was destined for promotion in the same division not that long ago.

Judging a footballer based on one season in THAT Torquay United team is about as relevant as judging a man's ability in bed by making him shag his granny.

Matt.

Consider your pointless argument thoroughly and comprehensively defeated. Next.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Also thought Rowe Turner showed massive improvement from when i first saw him play, i'd have no problems if we needed to start with him on a regular basis due to a Nicho injury/loss of form or whatever.
gulliver
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mcphee

Post by gulliver »

Mcphee is a top class signing for us and will be ranked in the top three players of the season for this year with us. I am willing to bet on this.

People can not judge him on his spell when he was young, played out of position and played in a awfull team. Another other player with his stats would be considered to be a huge signing for the club.