chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The clue with the word 'another' is that it contains the word 'other'... :rofl:

I, like most, was a little disappointed by the news on the OS. Not for anything specific he had done previously (see lewd analogy, above), but more because I saw it as regression, rather than progression of the club.

Time will tell, but 18 goals in the Conference last year, in an average team, given that he's not really a striker, will do for me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

The cautious reaction to this signing is to be expected, and McPhee has spoken very well about his previous stint at the club. Thinking about the way he was singled-out at times by our fans during a catastrophic season, you have be impressed with the character he's shown to rebuild his career (not least because he's been at few more clubs in dire straits).

He may not have proven himself yet in the Football League, but this is his opportunity. And if it doesn't work out, I reckon he'll be able to take his pick of the BSP sides (plus a couple in L2). Our fans are often quick to notice a player regress in performance levels, but are unwilling to accept players can improve as well. I just hope McPhee, Stevens, LRT (MOTM at Cheltenham, and ever-improving, incidentally) et al. are given a fair chance to impress in 2011/12.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Although I wasn't massively please about this signing earlier, having had a bit more time to reflect, I don't necessarily see it as too bad a signing. He wasn't great first time around for us, and i actually included him in my worst ever XI, but looking back it was an awful team he played in at the time, and it's been several years since that time. In those years he's performed very well, admittedly at a lower level, but scoring 18 goals last season is still an achievement, especially as he wasn't used as a striker in all those games. At 28 he's got more experience now, and he clearly wants to be at the club which in my eyes is only a good thing.

As someone else put it earlier, if we had signed another player who had scored 18 goals for an average BSP team, having played predominantly midfield, we'd have been saying what a promising sign that was. Lets give McPhee a chance to repay Lings faith and atone for his earlier poor spell. Welcome back Chris.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I wasn't a "member" of the "Unforgiving Side" (Popside) when Chris McFree was a TUFC player.

I've since seen the damage he's done to us as an opposition player. :(

Now I'm back as a full paid up member of the said Side, I will "cajole" (offer "encouragement") to any player who is hiding and/or not giving it 100%.

My observations of fanny Stevens are accurate from my viewpoint and when the little runt doesn't give it 100%, or worse, "hides", then I'm on his case.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
YellowM25
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by YellowM25 »

One of the most frank and open interviews I've read from a player. He didn't have to go to the trouble of highlighting his previous failings and it shows both his integrity and desire to succeed at the club.

Let's be honest, if he hadn't been here before we'd be considering him for the potential non-league gem so many are crying out for. Difficult not to anticipate this as a good signing.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

YellowM25 wrote:One of the most frank and open interviews I've read from a player. He didn't have to go to the trouble of highlighting his previous failings and it shows both his integrity and desire to succeed at the club.

Let's be honest, if he hadn't been here before we'd be considering him for the potential non-league gem so many are crying out for. Difficult not to anticipate this as a good signing.

I agree. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Depends where he plays, of course, but what's the betting he gets a greater number of goals next season than a certain R. Hannah?

Matt.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Depends where he plays, of course, but what's the betting he gets a greater number of goals next season than a certain R. Hannah?

Matt.
Or Matt Harrold who Rovers have paid for. History says Harrold will get 9 maximum, I reckon McPhee will get more than that.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

He may have played for us before and been sh@t, he has also improved and matured as a player, he scored 18 last season playing for a crap side, hang on just working all this out on my abacus.

Yes, im confident that there is enough information in my brain to tell me this is a good signing! :keepie:

I just hope this is not Zebs replacement :'(
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Actually, that's not what I meant, I mentioned Hannah specifically...... Oh forget it, I give up.

Perhaps though.

Matt.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

teeboo has been out and dont live beside his pc like the comment though bixie lets bombard teeboo with pms lol actually the name of the forward has been mentioned by a poster on here tonight so u wont have to look hard to guess who he is well done to one of you and my oppinion is it isnt what we need and we need to shell out some cash for at least 2 named quality players mcphee mite be a shrwed signing but we are very short on strikers and b4 i get shot down i would be extreamly suprised if zebs is with the club next week also ide keep urselves around tomorrows os cos i think a goalie will be signed tomorrow and me thinks it will be a very decent signing
Last edited by teeboo100 on 28 Jun 2011, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I, like many was underwhelmed with the signing but i would like to add this argument to the fray...

Would such a negative reaction have been possible if he hadn't before been at the club?

If we look at it on face value, we have signed (for free) a midfield player from the conference who scored a hat full of goals last season and had options to go to other league 2 clubs. Seems like a very good signing to me!

Give the lad a chance, as i'm sure many will.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

teeboo100 wrote:teeboo has been out and dont live beside his pc like the comment though bixie lets bombard teeboo with pms lol actually the name of the forward has been mentioned by a poster on here tonight so u wont have to look hard to guess who he is well done to one of you and my oppinion is it isnt what we need and we need to shell out some cash for at least 2 named quality players mcphee mite be a shrwed signing but we are very short on strikers and b4 i get shot down i would be extreamly suprised if zebs is with the club next week also ide keep urselves around tomorrows os cos i think a goalie will be signed tomorrow and me thinks it will be a very decent signing
teeboo, has that goalie been mentioned tonight? ;-)

Blimey about 50 forwards were named just name him pal!!
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

page 7 that will narrow it for ya
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Kabba, Small or Parkinson.

I bet it's Andy Parkinson as it's the one on there that's least inspiring.